Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • my hardtail rocks; should i cancel the full suss? do i need it?
  • nathaneddy
    Free Member

rigid.

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

unicycle

oliverd1981
    Free Member

Hardtail may be all well and good now – but I’m sure you’ll feel the benefit of the Canyon once the hordes arrive. (although this is the perfect time to show off your rad HT ability)

If you think you’re fast now just think how fast the suspension should make you.. it’s about grip, traction and being able to negotiate rough turns faster. Not just soaking up rock gardens and drops.

Sure you’ll struggle to get it up some of the hills, but that counts as training.

james
    Free Member

“ordering an ugly (ish) bike”
    I quite like it, off to canyon site I go

alpin
    Free Member

well, james, if you’re after the same bike as mine in a small then the waiting time should be a bit less. i de-ordered the bike this morning

turbo1397 – Member

I dont think you need this bike.. ive been on one of your guided tours in gran canaria and you were way faster than anyone else and they were on full susser’s!

were you really on one of my tours in GC? when were you there and on which tour?

hope you enjoyed it which ever it was!

johnhe

The main reason I ride a FS in the Alps is that I can sit down on the more boring bits and save my legs. Lots of the singetrack runs have long farmer tracks to link back up to the lifts. If I was a really fit bugger, then a HT would be fine.

Having read this thread twice, then Alpin, my feeling is that you probably do not need a FS. If you’re having that much fun, and have the legs to stand up when it’s rough, why go FS?

Plus riding a HT must impress the people you’re guiding!

turbo1397
    Free Member

Hey Jamie, yeh I did 2 tours that you guided out of maspalomas.. My names dave from Glasgow. It was the sketchy singletrack one on the Friday that I remember most. Great day out though! 🙂

alpin
    Free Member

hello mate…. you’re the one who was boasting that you’d been snowboarding a few days prior to riding in GC. i remember.

fridays were generally the best day of the week out there! i can still “ride” the whole friday downhill in my head.

turbo1397
    Free Member

Yes mate, that was me.. It was a great route! Improved considerably since then! You could certainly throw that alpine about, only reason I think you’d need a full Suss is that it would make things a lot ‘comfier’ on the way down!

Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘my hardtail rocks; should i cancel the full suss? do i need it?’ is closed to new replies.