Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • My dear old things…! (Cricket ODI Spoiler thread)
  • CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Maiden to start from Lee. Tidy bowling.

Jezwick
    Free Member

USE THE **** POWERPLAY PROPERLY

:sigh:

soobalias
    Free Member

where is the spoiler?

who won?

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Today is Important Football Match Day. Cricket, unless Ashes, is not important thankyouverymuch.

😉

(I wonder how many people bought tickets for today before realising they would miss tonight's game)?
    😆

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Wendyball be damned!

Am sure that thos who bought tickets would be happy to avoid the soccer. I know I shall be enjoying my ride later far more than watching people roll around pretending to be hurt.

FallOutBoy
    Free Member

Important Football…

I like that… very funny 😉

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

😛

Well I like it. And I like cricket. But I like football much, MUCH more.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Feeling any more like just watching the footie yet?
    👿

allthepies
    Free Member

From the Beeb txt commentary:-

1411: Romford, a remarkable place. I saw a man – a grown man – give a stranger a 'peanut' (tie-wise) on the train on the way in. Because he was snoring. I'm convinced that if a meteorite were to hit the planet, and Romford were the only settlement to survive, within 100 years the most technologically-advanced object known to man would be the yellow polystyrene kebab box.

LOL!

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Oh FFS *banghead*

What the frick are they doing? where are the international standard batsmen and bowlers?

why on earth is the England ODI team picked on the basis of batsmen who can bowl a bit and bowlers who can bat a bit?

Top six to score runs and do nowt else, 5 bowlers to bowl them out!

The reuslt – England are crap at ODIs 'cos they can't score enough runs quickly and they can't get wickets
    Drives me crackers

higgo
    Free Member

Today is Important Football Match Day.

No, it's some international thing, isn't it? I'll be out riding my bike and waiting for the Premiership to start again.

In the mean time I'm going to switch the cricket on though, from some of the comments above, I'm not sure I'm going to enjoy it.

AndyP
    Free Member

where are the international standard batsmen and bowlers?
    playing cricket. They're not as good as the international standard batsmen and bowlers from other teams, but they are international standard.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

I'll be out riding my bike and waiting for the Premiership to start again.

I assume that is meant as a joke???

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Maybe, have you seen him on a bike? 😉

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Who is going to take the wickets then? Not a international standard bowler there – maybe Anderson on a good day.

Too many of these guys are in the team for the wrong reasons IMO. without a rethink of selection policy they will struggle to win a single game

AndyP
    Free Member

Not a international standard bowler there
    Collingwood, Anderson, Sidebottom, Swann, Bresnan. All international standard bowlers. Watch as they play international cricket.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Non of 'em are good enough IMO – I get your point but colly? never good enough and certainly not now. Sidebottom – too predictable, Swann – wheelybin mark 11, Bresnan – still to prove himself. Anderson – too many bad days.

seriously do you think any side in the world is worried about that attack? Would any of them get into the Aussie side?

higgo
    Free Member

I'll be out riding my bike and waiting for the Premiership to start again.

I assume that is meant as a joke???

Not a joke as such but don't take it too literally – I won't be riding straight through to Sat afternoon? Would that I could.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

But you DO know we are four games into the season though don't you?

higgo
    Free Member

But you DO know we are four games into the season though don't you?

Sorry, yes I do. I've even been to some of them.

I just don't like breaking the season for all the international rhubarb.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

I just don't like breaking the season for all the international rhubarb.

Agreed for pointless friendlies, but for WC Qualifiers….

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘My dear old things…! (Cricket ODI Spoiler thread)’ is closed to new replies.