Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • My Cateye hand grenade has gone mad!
  • phiiiiil

Before Christmas my trusty cateye hand grenade performed with the same sterling service it has done for several years, half of it merrily flashing away while the other half glows steadily. All was well.

After spending Christmas in the shed though it’s gone mad! The flashing speed has gone up massively, but different amounts for each half; one half now flashes so quickly it just looks like a slightly dim steady light, while the other half flashes like a crazy disco foo’.

If anything the not-quite-so-obscenely-fast half is better, as I always thought the flash was a bit slow before, but the other one is so fast it might as well be on steady all the time.

What on earth has happened to it?

marvintheandroid
    Free Member

Condensation on the circuits ? Low batt ?
    I found Cateye my rear always let in moisture when washing the bike, which is why I changed to a Mars3.

Marv

scaredypants

you been smoking crack in the shed & some’s got into the works ?

(so, it’s gone from “bit too slow plus constant” to “bit faster & nearly constant” ? – you should sell this as a modification, like Mr Push and his shocks)

markenduro
    Free Member

Bring it into the warm, take the bateries out and leave it on the side with the endcap off, if there is any water in there it will dry out.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘My Cateye hand grenade has gone mad!’ is closed to new replies.