Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • My 40th (animal heavy)
  • bearnecessities
    Free Member

Inspired off the other thread, I decided today to go pop out to the Dales for my day. Having not had anything resembling a cold for probably ten years, I’m loaded today. Still, the weather was beautiful with not a hint of wind, so I whipped out the travel chips and off I went.

Getting out of the car the other side, I felt doubly-assured that this was a most excellent decision.

This is a rubbish picture, but I took it for one special reason:

This chap, who couldn’t even be arsed to have any element of decorum, slouched on his side, yet reaching down to grass at the same time – a class act 🙂

A waterfall.

More sheep.

Sheep sex-workers.

A bloody big hill which I didn’t walk up (shame as it shortened the work, but I am man-flu 🙂 ).

Gordale Scar

It really was very pretty out there.

Who doesn’t love snowdrops.

A duck

A chicken

A pub

More ducks

See this fella? He’s not stupid, he’s positioning himself…he knows food is coming.

3 seconds after this picture was taken, he did indeed fly up and attempt to capture my lunch 🙂 (I did chuck him some bits at the end of my meal for his effort and subsequent respect to let me eat my food in peace)

Nom, pork.

..and with that, the sun went down on the day. Just another day, but an enjoyable one nevertheless and glad I made the effort. Hope you liked the pics 🙂

(Sorry no bike, who do you think I am!)

nickc

Are travel chips fastened down with something? how do they not fall into your lap? how d’you stop them getting cold? where is the ketchup

I may have follow-up questions….

nickc

what? the rest of your nonsense pictures? pish and tosh.

answer me

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

That ham looks goooooooood!

Happy birthday, y’old fart!

perchypanther
    Free Member

Happy birthday. Looks like a lovely day

On the animal front, I find myself slightly  disappointed that, at no point, did you look under the rocks and plants and take a glance at the fancy ants.

bikebouy
    Free Member

That chip bucket on you dash looks like a chavs satnav 😜

The rest of the storyboard is most excellent, I especially like the narrative as it captures both mood and location.

The best shot is obviously the pub lunch 🤳👨‍🍳🐼

bearnecessities
    Free Member

Thanks all and ten out of ten to PP for that one 🙂

Nick, you’re right to demand more answers. You’ll notice the chips are in a Northern-faux-pas polystyrene box. This was by special request, as they had to sit on the passenger seat for consumption and being as I drive a poverty-spec car with cloth seats, could not risk the grease absorbing paper option.

As for condiments, I don’t dunk-drive.

Houns

*High fives 40th birthday buddy

I spent the day in beautiful sunny Shropshire

Shropshire rarebit

alpin
    Free Member

Thumbs up to all of posters.

bikebouy
    Free Member

We are slacking, nobody has mentioned the state of his grass and that fence 👀

bearnecessities
    Free Member

*High five birthday bro!*

Loving your little fluffy clouds 🙂

Houns

And below

Now watching Groundhog Day, drinking beer waiting a Thai takeaway. Rock. And. Roll.

bearnecessities
    Free Member

Now watching Groundhog Day, drinking beer waiting a Thai takeaway. Rock. And. Roll.

Groundhog day is the film of those born on this day 🙂 Looks like you’ve had an equally good day fella; I’m ‘literally’ sneezing about twenty times an hour- I’m knackered! Happy birthday & enjoy the film 🙂

Bunnyhop

Happy buffday.

What is the name of that pub, I’m sure I’ve been there.

Love the ducks, sheep, waterfall, bread, hills and fells, beautiful.

ElShalimo

@bear – happy birthday mate

I’m a little disappointed that as an opportunistic omnivore you didn’t consume the other lesser mammals on your walk

😋

firestarter
    Free Member

Happy birthday 🎂 my kids love that walk

spacemonkey

Pictures of fields, hills, waterfalls, beasts and food … 👍🏼 from me Bear Man.

bearnecessities
    Free Member

🙂 Cheer all (..and hi Mick & ElShailmo!.) BH,the pub is The Lister Arms. A fine establishment with excellent service, from my limited experience. Take today, within a minute or so of duckie making an attempt for my lunch, a waitress appeared with half a loaf and totally distracted the army of ducks away from me.

It might me a coincidence, but I don’t think it was.

If you’re passing, and you like pork -order this 🙂

Bunnyhop

Ah yes The Lister Arms. Eaten there many times and the food is very good indeed.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘My 40th (animal heavy)’ is closed to new replies.