Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • My 11 year old wants to help the NHS, donation and Zwift stuff
  • weeksy

My boy wants to do his bit to help the NHS, so next weekend is doing a 50 mile Zwift ride! There may be a couple of short breaks but will be 1 sitting on Watopia layout.

If anyone would like to help, please donate. Even a ride on on the day will inspire him

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/Ceri-Weeks?utm_campaign=lc_frp_share_transaction_transactional_%7C%7C_page_launched_%7C%7C_campaign&utm_content=5be1ac61-81da-429c-bd72-c1fbf8cd8b1b&utm_medium=email&utm_source=postoffice&utm_term=1586015979221

Cheers all

weeksy

If anyone fancies jumping on for their warm ups etc, even just 5 mins will inspire him as it’s likely going to be tough going.

We’ll be starting at 10am on Sunday morning, I’m hoping we’ll finish by 3pm

weeksy

I’ve managed to source a 2nd turbo for the day, so will be riding with him all the way on a 2nd bike 🙂

If anyone wants to jump on, just add me as a friend and ‘ride with’ and throw him a big thumbs up… or a pile of cash 🙂

jaminb
    Free Member

Done – good effort Weeksy Jnr

Poopscoop

Done and best of luck to both of you!👍😁

Poopscoop

Poopscoop

Tiger6791

Chucked some money in and I’ll drop in for a bit on Sunday 🙂

Tiger6791

There’s something odd with this thread as it didn’t bump when me or PS posted on it

Poopscoop

I’ll try and bump too.

weeksy

Brilliant lads, thank you.

phil56

I’ve just donated – I’ll try and join you for a few minutes on Sunday if I can.
    Well done both,
    Phil

Oblongbob

Done. Maybe join you for a bit if I can find you

weeksy

In preparation for this weekends event i set up the neighbours road bike on the turbo, but whilst it makes power well, i absolutely hate the riding position.

So i thought “I have Trickys Bossnut”… which has a compatible QR skewer on the back end.

Dragged it out, “Damn that’s tough to roll”.. The bottom bracket was basically siezed.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2iNVyPc]2020-04-10_05-38-06[/url] by Steve Weeks, on Flickr

Luckily the spares box had a spare Shimano Saint BB brand new in there.
    [url=https://flic.kr/p/2iNTRaG]2020-04-10_05-38-00[/url] by Steve Weeks, on Flickr

So it was lobbed on….
    [url=https://flic.kr/p/2iNTQZ1]2020-04-10_05-37-49[/url] by Steve Weeks, on Flickr

I then had to remove the cassette from his wheel and fit it to my 10 speed (his is 11) but no major issue there… It was then chucked on the turbo for testing and is ready for Sunday. Not sure yet whether i’ll be the one on the bossnut or my lad, but one of us will depending on who fits which the best.

Poopscoop

Not just as easy as jumping on the bike then eh mate? Lol Bloody handy having the Saint BB in your spares box.

Good luck for Sunday the both of you.👍

weeksy

Don’t forget to ride with us guys.

Select Watopia and use ‘ride with’ and go with me, I’ll be next to him, both physically and indeed virtually

scaredypants

I do love a Saint – magic

I’ll be showing up at some point tomorrow, if I can get the shed roof done !

robbo1234biking

I should be able to jump on with you just after lunch time I reckon

J-R

What time are you both riding?

weeksy

Starting 10am give or take

TexWade
    Free Member

Our club (Portishead) is running a 24h zwift ride up alpe d’huez for local foodbank. We have legs with Lachlan Morton (23:55 tonight), Jimmy Mccallum / Rebecca Charlton (10am) and Russ Downing (11am) to go.

Could get him added on the Jimmy or Russ ride at 10 or 11 tomorrow ? It’s an elastic band “tow with a pro” ride. When he’s done the Alpe he can go on and finish his ride? Look me up on Zwift “Steve Marsh PCC” if that’s appealing.

weeksy

That’s a great thought but distance is our priority so sending him up the Alp will kill him, and me!!! So we’re going to decline the offer with gracious thanks I’m afraid.

TexWade
    Free Member

Good luck tomorrow ! Will contribute.

weeksy

Thanks Ted!

weeksy

And we’re off!!!!

stumpy01

Nice One! Best wishes and have fun!

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Enjoy!

I’ll try and get on for a bit to give a little encouragement

weeksy

We have a good bunch of helpers at the moment, thanks guys

weeksy

weeksy

63km in now

Phew!

weeksy

drew

I meant to join you for the end but badly mistimed it! Anyway, well done both of you. Especially junior.

Poopscoop

Fantastic, well done guys!

scaredypants

Man, you two were fast – Missed your finish
    Are we sure there was no KTM involved ?

congratulations to your lad weeksy

timidwheeler

Nice one James! Fantastic ride.

weeksy

Lol there’s enough videos

Clearly as we know Zwift is very flattering in terms of speed, but that’s ok, it wasn’t about him killing himself out there it was about him doing his bit and helping.

He’s raised £1600+ which my workplace will donation match for NHS and helping the current situation we’re all in, that’s all we care about. Neither of us suggested the idea to him, he came to us, which gives a nice feeling inside.

Oh and he gets the RC car which was kinda a thing for me and him, but s not of an incentive too.

Oblongbob

Well done! Great effort and that’s a brilliant total raised. Meant to join but completely forgot…was busy painting the kitchen 🙁

bigyim
    Free Member

Donated. Great effort.

Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)

The topic ‘My 11 year old wants to help the NHS, donation and Zwift stuff’ is closed to new replies.