Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Music at work, what do you listen to?
  • Hairychested
    Free Member

I tend to play something "nice" and "normal". Viking folk/metal, experimental jazz, Opeth, Paradise Lost, Behemoth.
    I'd want something of high quality, not too happy, not too difficult to comprehend so my customers don't feel they're idiots (well, some of them are 😉 ).

bassspine
    Free Member

rammstein, dreadzone, pitchshifter, forensics, 1 speed bike, legendary pink dots, bach, glass, eno. my workshop, my music.

I like good music to work to. music that makes you think. that's why current 'R'n'B' is un-music, as is pop. this is music to make the listener not think.

Hairychested
    Free Member

I tried W.A.S.P., the Irish boss couldn't stomach it. "Kris, play something normal, you know, rock, like, U2. You like U2, right? It's heavy metal, right?"

sc-xc

U2 and R'n'B mainly.

mema
    Free Member

I have been playing classical music to try and calm my colleague down!

CountZero

Whatever Auntie LaLa plays, or whatever the shuffle on my phone throws up from the thousand or so tracks on here.

crazy-legs

Usually Classic FM or BBC 6 Music via internet radio and a set of noise cancelling earphones. 🙂

Surfr
    Free Member

Idm, house, trance etc. Don't like vocals when I'm coding. Future sound of London is perfect work music for me. Squarepusher at a push but a little too random which forces me to pay too much attention to the music rather than the code.

ton

radio 2 all day long.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Recent ones have been:

Caspa & Rusko
    Fugazi
    ISIS
    Benga
    and Im trying to get into Sunn O)))

Also, got the new **** Up release so I'll have a listen to that tomorrow.

Its mainly just loud, unmelodic stuff

MrsToast
    Free Member

I listen to a variety of stuff – thrash metal, death metal, black metal, industrial metal, battle metal, symphonic metal, avant garde metal, folk metal, doom metal, gothic metal, power metal, hard rock, classic rock and show tunes.

Hairychested
    Free Member

Mrs Toast, hats off to your good taste!

nickc

Mrs Toast, head banging to happy hands…like it

myfatherwasawolf
    Free Member

ipod shuffle all day. A mix of hardcore punk, metal, rock, and 'stuff'. A lot of Black Flag, Misfits, old Sepultura, Mudhoney, Minutemen, DRI, James Taylor, Beach Boys, Hendrix, Slayer, you know, that kinda stuff…. keeps me focused!

grievoustim
    Free Member

"as is pop. this is music to make the listener not think. "

really? I would disagree strongly with that – just because something is popular doesn't mean it can't be thought provoking/ interesting/ original / whatever

monotokpoint
    Free Member

i listen to what ever the voices in my head tell me to

bigsi
    Free Member

I actually find i get more work done if i don't have music on, mainly because my job involves talking on the telephone a lot and its a bit difficult to sound professional with some of the stuff i listen to 😯

surfer
    Free Member

Has to be ambient for me or it distracts me. Somebody recommended this a while ago and its OK.

Groove Salads

ahwiles
    Free Member
    iDave
    Free Member

if i'm at 'work', iTunes on random, which could be anything from mafia folk music to Rise Against. if however i actually need to get things done, classical – Chopin, Wagner, Rachmaninoff

jond
    Free Member

Blimey, Beach Boys and Slayer in the same sentence 😉

Currently listening to Arch Enemy.
    Otherwise a slightly smaller subset of MrsToast's list I guess

Plus Hair Metal 🙂

earbyphil
    Free Member

How about this to ease your day past until time to ride http://www.liveireland.com/live.asx

chakaping
    Free Member

Today so far…

Magnetic Fields
    Warp acid house compilation
    Lambchop
    Annie (electro-pop minx, not musical)
    Royksop

Hairychested
    Free Member

live Ireland? Can listen to Korean just as well 😀

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Music at work, what do you listen to?’ is closed to new replies.