Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 45 total)
  • Mugdock…
  • craig1975
    Free Member

I put together a short video of some of my fave. trails at Mugdock 🙂

Mugdock Video

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

Fantastic stuff. Just my sort of trails!

iainc

nothing to see there, move on

😛

bigyinn
    Free Member

Mugdock has developed loads since i moved away 14 years ago. Access laws chnaged and all sorts. Need to get back up there.
    I can remember riding the westie on my old dawes 5 speed racer…

hainman
    Free Member

nice mate,im not far from there but havnt ventured up yet.where do yo start from??do you park in at the main carpark at the cafe??

clowner
    Free Member

Been meaning to head to Mugdock for a while but never got round to it.

Any pointers on where is best to start or where to find the best trails?

franciscobegbie
    Free Member

I’ve done a bit of riding in Mugdock, but haven’t found anything that looks like that video!
    Was that all filmed within the park itself?
    I’ll need to spend a few hours up there soon and do a bit of exploring.

HAHA!

I know Nick from the vid. Worked with him briefly last year – he was always showing me photos of his orange Stiffee!

Is he on here much?

Candodavid
    Free Member

I think I need to ride here, eh Mr Scienceofficer?

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

Ooh yes.

mimi123
    Free Member

where is this place should ask other half but he busy making my tea!!!!

mimi123
    Free Member

nice but your choice of music (not saying I don’t like it) made your video a bit scary!!!!

iainc

most of that stuff is a wee bit beyond the main park – rock step, flux, cliff top etc – there are miles and miles of lovely stuff, but not easy to find unless you are with someone in the know. As a club we ride there Tue, Wed and Sun : http://www.gmbc.org.uk/

MrNutt
    Free Member

some nice trails there!

craig1975
    Free Member

glad you all liked it.. 🙂 some quality trails, more around mugdock than in it 😉

iainc.. Ive been thinking of going to a gmbc ride for a while, even more so that the nights are drawing in.. could do with a night ride sparing partner… voodoo hill is interesting at night 😉

iainc

craig – know what you mean 😆

Tue rides leave at 7, Wed at 745, the Tue was originally designed for newer riders but TBH there isn’t much of a difference in pace anymore. We usually ride for between 2 and 3 hrs, and on a wed have the church hall for a cuppa afterwards. jetwash available post ride at the hall both nights.

No need to join up till you have had a few rides to see if it’s for you!!

Iain

WackoAK
    Free Member

Was up there on Monday night, it’s not quite as dry as that anymore..

sillyoldman

“Was up there on Monday night, it’s not quite as dry as that anymore..”

Indeed – some trails are getting destroyed by being ridden in the wet.

Think we need to start being sensible about route choices through winter to save what we’ve got…

J0N
    Free Member

Was up there last night. Its even less dry after yesterdays rain. 😀 Roll on the proper cold weather.

iainc

Think we need to start being sensible about route choices through winter to save what we’ve got…

quite agree. we (GMBC) are, but cannae comment on others, as there is certainly signs of sensitive bits like the riverbank getting ridden when it would best be left to dry and recover a bit 👿

WackoAK
    Free Member

The only bad bits I’ve spotted thus far are the “puddle dodgers” making the paths wider to avoid getting wet.

bintangman
    Free Member

great vid!
    I thought it was a thread about an expensive bike shop in Bristol though!

craig1975
    Free Member

wee probably want see the trails that dry for a while now… there certainly a lot more interesting in the wet thats for sure… 😀

iainc

aye, adds a wee extra challenge to rocky rooty to say the least 😆

craig1975
    Free Member

rocky rooty is such a buzz wet or dry.. i find The Flux more of a challenge in the wet.. so I got myself some swamp things for this winter, I cant believe the difference they are making.. makes riding a lot of the sections as if in the dry… 😀

hainman
    Free Member

thinking of going to mugdock tomorrow.craig1975 you got any pointers on where i could start or where to have a good wee blast.cheers mate

haggis1978

been out with the GMBC a couple of times last year and it was good craic but can’t make it on mondays and tuesdays due to other commitments now. Does anybody else ride up there regular that i could tag along with? i work offshore so have a lot of free time when i’m at home and usually none of my other riding mates can go out when i do.

craig1975
    Free Member

hainman – Member
    thinking of going to mugdock tomorrow.craig1975 you got any pointers on where i could start or where to have a good wee blast.cheers mate

trying to explain where the trails are would be a nightmare mate.. I couldn’t Begin to tell you the names of the areas let a lone where they are… the only rezone i know the names of the trails is Cu’s my mate Nick did a lot of quizzing with people.. it has took myself and Nick 3 years to find / discover / quiz people and stumble apon the trails.. which for me has been all part of the fun… 😀

Id be more than happy to take you around some the trails though.. would be a lot easier than me trying to explain thats for sure… LOL

just drop me an email…

Zedsdead
    Free Member

Haggis – I’m in a similar position to you, I’m out working in India at the moment. Drop me an email and if we end up in the UK at the same time I’m happy to head up early weekday mornings…..

hainman
    Free Member

cheers craig,i will drop you an email to organise something,was out with francisbegbie today at carron valley and he was interested in scouting mugdock so the 2 of us could tag along with you if thats cool,had another 2 ridders out with us today that go to th GMBC,had fun but was **** drookit,

PROLINE85
    Free Member

Great vid Craig, lovin Voodoo Ray 😀

Just need to get some footage of the DH run, although that probably won’t look step either!

danlurinsky
    Free Member

crackin video mate! need to get my arse over at some point. nice wee mix from voodoo ray into bam bam too! 🙂

craig1975
    Free Member

Voodoo Ray is a quality.. probably should have kept it for Voodoo Hill… when you say the DH run I’m assuming your meaning Voodoo Hill ??

hey Dan cheers mate.. wee/I head out that way most weekends and or if your up for a night ride during the week just give me a shout… BTW cant take any credit for the mix, was Josh Wink 😀

iainc

GMBC ride at 745pm tomorrow guys – looks maybe a wee bit drier too, so a good ‘un if you fancy coming along ?

danlurinsky
    Free Member

cool craig. will give you a holler! got some new lights for night ridin’ 🙂

PROLINE85
    Free Member

Meant the one at the flux with the jump 😀

Hey Dan, how’s tricks…

grumm
    Free Member

Will have to try and get along for one of those rides at some point – my bro is living in Gartness now.

hainman
    Free Member

anyone got some pointers on some lights that wont break the bank.im not out often so i dont wana spend silly money till im sure i will keep it up.my misses does zumba 3nights a week so its hard to get out and about but wana try the trails at mugdock,or anywhere realy.cheers

craig1975
    Free Member

iainc – Member
    GMBC ride at 745pm tomorrow guys – looks maybe a wee bit drier too, so a good ‘un if you fancy coming along ?

i was hoping to make that one.. but the rain put me off.. just back from a spin there this afternoon… my god was i caked in mud 😀

hainman – Member
    anyone got some pointers on some lights that wont break the bank.im not out often so i don’t wana spend silly money till I’m sure i will keep it up.my misses does zumba 3nights a week so its hard to get out and about but wana try the trails at mugdock,or anywhere really.cheers

If you do a search on this forum you will find lots of threads with regards to advise on cheap lights

I’m using one of these Magicshine P7
    Magicshine

hainman
    Free Member

cheers mate will look into them.got a web linkfor same sight from some1 else who bought some gear from there.will look up some posts to get a clue to what to get.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘Mugdock…’ is closed to new replies.