Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Mudguards for 27.5/650b – 2 inch tyres, discs
  • keir
    Free Member

Trying to get some mudguards for my dad’s carrera subway, it’s 650b with 2 inch slicks and discs

I’d prefer to fit proper guards. Any recommendations from folk who’ve fitted similar vwould be appreciated

fudge9202
    Free Member

I’ve SKS on mine fit and forget

keir
    Free Member

SKS are my usual go-to, which ones did you get?

z1ppy

Currently a big fan of mudhuggers products, the front stay on all year round, and the rear fit to the stay so no issue with dropper post getting in the way. Topeak Defender, or SKS X-blade for off-road use, if you can fit to the seat post, zefal have an option if you hate the Mudhugger option, which fit to the stays too.

If you mean ‘proper guards’ as in the old road bike style, have a look at SKS Bluemels (if they fit) or their Allroad series maybe

hardtailonly

I’ve a set of SKS Blumels in the 60c width which I ran with 2.2 MTB 29er tyres for about 200km, so nearly new. Would let you have these for around £16 posted if that’s of interest?

fudge9202
    Free Member

SKS Blumels I believe

beefy

Check out sks edge al. Proper tough amazing mudguards

mariner
    Free Member

Does it have lugs for mounting?
    SKS will have a solution either way.
    I have SKS VeloFlexx on a non lugged bike.

keir
    Free Member

Frame and fork are both lugged and drilled for guards in all the right places. I was more after specific fitments since nobody seems to list specifically 650b stuff. A local mechanic who serves the commuter market recommended 60/65mm 26 inch bluemels so I’ll probably go with those.

ElShalimo

I’ve not rode my old HT for >5 years due to injuries, (been riding my Camino) but now it’s clean and serviced I’m looking for some mudguards for the winter slop.

Can anyone recommend any of those shortish ones for front and back?

It’s a Cove HJ, 26″, 2.3 max tyres.

cheers

ElShalimo

Anyone?

jameso

I use 700C guards in 55-60mm width for a 650B bike. Oddly most guard brands don’t increase the curve radius as the width goes up so they fit a 650B wheel with 690mm OD perfectly.

jameso

Can anyone recommend any of those shortish ones for front and back?

It’s a Cove HJ, 26″, 2.3 max tyres.

Still a fan of the crud rear guards once you’ve sugru’d or zip tied them to hold the guard to the bracket (the std design in that area is junk)

ElShalimo

Thanks

funkrodent

@hardtailonly

PM’ed you about those Blumels if they’re still available

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Mudguards for 27.5/650b – 2 inch tyres, discs’ is closed to new replies.