Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 185 total)
  • MTBE refugees.
  • motozulu
    Free Member

Here, MTBE and Cyclechat were the only ones I have used.

motozulu
    Free Member

Cyclechat is veeeery quiet now though, takes 2 days to get a reply.

euans2
    Free Member

MTBE will be like that soon……

bigblackshed

autosri
    Free Member

Morning another one come over here not been kicked out but the good atmosphere has vanished so no point staying

matamorrison
    Free Member

Hi guys 😀 Not banned but really put off with the way things are going over yonder so here I am haha.

And Gunner has awoken… all the threads are gone haha.

andyr
    Free Member

So that’s what happened…

Been dipping in and out over the past few days noticing threads kept disappearing complaining about people getting banned. Was reading one this morning that got deleted as I went to the 2nd page. The good vibe has now gone from (what was) a friendly forum that was a good place for a bit of a laugh/advice.

Oh crap, my username is the same here so if Gunner/hugo15 reads this I’m next.

Hmm… 2 more threads disappeared. The humanity!

ichi
    Free Member

Gunner’s Day;

Wakes up
    Deletes some posts
    Eats brekkie (paid for by subs)
    Digs empty energy gel wrapper outta bin (members lottery prize for this month)
    Deletes some posts
    Photographs bikes against a fence
    Lunch (paid by subs)
    Postage deletion
    Fence photos
    Cycles 300 miles
    Deletion
    Dinner (Subbage)
    Deletion
    Bed (gets wood over dreams of bannage and subs)

stumpy01

Similar thing happened to the forum on the car site, Parkers. Although the owners just decided it wasn’t worth bothering with so closed it overnight, rather than just unleashing a massive ban hammer!
    All of a sudden, loads of Parkers forum refugees scurrying for the safety of Pistonheads! I think someone even started their own forum called ‘not the parkers forum’ or something.

Ooooh, it’s still going. Looks a bit more ‘pro spec’ than last time I looked (a couple of yrs ago).
    http://notparkers.co.uk/index.php

motozulu
    Free Member

😆 😆

Stuff him. Hope he enjoys his empty forum. I must admit I found the layout easier to use but I’ll soon get used to this.

lowcogger
    Free Member

ichi – Member
    Gunner’s Day;

Wakes up
    Deletes some posts
    Eats brekkie (paid for by subs)
    Digs empty energy gel wrapper outta bin (members lottery prize for this month)
    Deletes some posts
    Photographs bikes against a fence
    Lunch (paid by
    Postage deletion
    Fence photos
    Cycles 300 miles
    Deletion
    Dinner (Subbage)
    Deletion
    Bed (gets wood over dreams of bannage and subs)

You forgot to mention him posting his strava info and polishing his kom medals

deadkenny
    Free Member

ichi – Member
    and sometimes that American one with even more sub-forums than MTBE, can’t remember it’s name.

It’s surprisingly very active in each of the sub forums and I find there are a lot of real experts in there, especially useful in the manufacturer forums. Found a few very detailed service guide posts for obscure things, with detailed photos and instructions that have been very useful.

STW is odd with virtually no sub forums with everything bundled together. Kind of works though. Less abusive than some places, at least when someone starts a thread you don’t get the regulars laying into them.

ichi
    Free Member

@^^^

MTBR? That’s the one ain’t it?

Yup it is a very busy site, it gives active browsing figures for each forum. The 29er and, more recently, 27.5 forums are always very busy proving the popularity of bigger wheels over there.

deadkenny
    Free Member

Yeah, MTBR.

cloudnine
    Free Member

Gunner is very heavy handed with his thread deletions. Doesnt like to engage anyone either so no explanations. Probably the end of his forum now.

teamslug
    Free Member

Mmmmm…hope they have all weeded gardens/cut grass/tidied house and lined up tyre logos and valves or there will be hell to pay…..

lowcogger
    Free Member

The cull continues,now its burton and mcfc.will’s questioning gunners motives so he may be next 😯

prawny

Welcome all! I’d only just discovered MTBE after chatting to a bloke over the chase a few weeks ago, haven’t really got involved yet. Might see if I can get banned.

Big up the new Cannock massive!! We should take over.

skeetsgb
    Free Member

its a shame, its been good for the last couple of years, some good lads on there.

we will see what happens 8)

dannellist
    Free Member

I was banned with burtonuk when gunner finished his morning tug and checked on his little baby, it’s all gone mad now and Ritchie /Betty swollox is back. People are asking to be banned and I’m Pretty sure gunner will top himself later

Shame as it was getting good, people were meeting up for fort bill trips etc and everyone that is now banned was a knowledgable character

martinhutch

It looks like it’s getting lively over there now.

Not sure about the future of user ‘Gunner is a Nazi’. Catchy name, but may attract unwanted attention.

andyr
    Free Member

I blame climate change.

Making this lunch hour more interesting than usual though. Think Ritchie is a bit annoyed…

ichi
    Free Member

Yup Richie is going for it. I’d imagine a ban hammer may come my way as I exchanged pleasantries with him. Even Doogs has got a bit hot under the collar, probably the most pleasant level headed, all round nice geezer on the forum.

skeetsgb
    Free Member

i get the impression its NOT richie

he has come back as many names, but what he is writing doesnt sound at all like him. not enough swear words for one 😉

and he never signed his name at the end of posts either.

dunno maybe just me

andyr
    Free Member

^ is you PBAM?

Having met Doogs at Kirroughtree I can second that.

jgmu97
    Free Member

Wow,

Its totally gone to shit… I’ve stayed out of it mostly so i’ve yet to be banned, but its getting worse and worse by the minute! Sweaty Bollox is back with ”Gunner is a Nazi” and has gone to town with the trolling..

Its a shame as when i first started MTBing, MTBE was the forum which helped me out the most. I got so much advice (mostly from all you lot) and its a shame to see it go tits up. If Gunner had reasoning for the bans then everyone wouldnt have kicked off and been banned themselves, but instead he hasnt said a word regarding it… I may start using this forum alot more now, idk

cubist88
    Free Member

Holla. You have a few days off and all hell breaks loose! 😈

ichi
    Free Member

@Skeetsgb

Lol mate it sounds exactly like Richie and I think he’s signing just to piss people off even more. From the couple of sentences I exchanged with him I’ve no doubt it’s defo him .

atlaz
    Free Member

I was part of the Cannock Chapter (I invented that one if I can say that without appearing boastful)

You do appear boastful yet strangely I can’t work out why.

ichi
    Free Member

@andyr

Nah mate I’m Sprite, wouldn’t be seen dead on a Carbon Spesh Clown Bike like PBM, lol.

Hope he doesn’t read this as he gets round the chase a fair bit and might stop to run me over with his Huuuuge wheels!

😉

nemesis
    Free Member

Never heard of mtbe so had a quick google.

How many subforums?! 😯

j450n
    Free Member

I dint get kicked yet, Can I still come in????

jimbocube
    Free Member

Gunners responded for those who have been banned.

3vok
    Free Member

not banned yet, but i’ve withdrawn my funding, pending further developments.

duke2
    Free Member

Hi lads, so glad this thread has been created thanks motozulu I’m happy that all the names in this tread are the ones I wanted to see. I’ve also been on the receiving end of gunners massive ban hammer he must have banned me last night as I tried logging in this morning and apparently my account doesn’t exist, again same as everyone else I got banned for having an opinion! Its a shame the forums gone down the pan as many have helped me along the way, most are in this thread. I don’t get why he’s acting like a huge sausage jockey maybe hes jelous of euans man end haha. only person I haven’t seen on this thread is majorpane, shame.

anyway this simplistic look is going to take some getting used to!

BTW Zulu I’ve tried to keep my name the same as MTBE but duke was taken, hope the 2 doesn’t confuse you too much 😉

cheers

Duke

spacemonkey1
    Free Member

Good to see this is where you trouble makers are. 😆

wwaswas

I’ve just been over there to have a look at the ‘wtf is going on’ thread.

It feels like I’ve cheated on stw.

But I think it’s probably ok as I didn’t post.

euans2
    Free Member

I’ve just posted again asking for him to pm me with answers seeing as he has finally broken his silence. I very much doubt I’ll get that pm!

andy4d

Hi guys, sorry to see you go the way you did, there was no need for it to go the way it did, dont get what gunner is doing to the site. Think I will jump ship to here now as this is the fun house……..now I wonder if rosebud is hiding in here aswell………..

spacemonkey1
    Free Member

May see Trespasser too! Lol

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 185 total)

The topic ‘MTBE refugees.’ is closed to new replies.