Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 66 total)
  • Mrs Gnusmas says Thankyou to you all
  • gnusmas

Hello everyone.
    Hubby told me that some of you wanted to hear from me. He told me what he had written and i wasn’t happy at all that he had written about me. He also told me what all of you have been doing and i am shocked.
    Thankyou ever so much, i am shocked as to why anyone would want to help me. I am very grateful to you all and don’t know how to thank you all.
    This is amazing
    https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/junkyard-stw
    Hubby does do a lot and i wish i could do more to help him but i can’t. He is looking forward to working on his bike when he gets the other things he needs and hopefully he will be able to go out some evenings after he gets our children to bed.
    We have been able to talk with each other since he told me about this and get some things sorted out that have been an issue.
    http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/cheap-front-light-to-help-me-be-less-depressed
    It is hard to deal with and cope with but we are doing our best and taking things one step at a time.
    Thankyou very much to all of you
    Mrs Gnusmas

scc999

Really glad to hear that it’s been of some help to you both.

Fingers crossed that things start looking a bit brighter for you all soon.

Best wishes.

Si

Gunz
    Free Member

Just read through the other thread and it’s a heart warming tale. I wish you and Mr Gnusmas all the best for the future in what must be a bloody hard situation (tell him to post some post-ride pictures, I’d love to see his face after that long without spinning his pedals).

matt_outandabout

Mrs_G – good to hear from you that this may make a difference. I hope this helps Mr_G as well.

mrs_oab has long term health issues, although she would never let on to most folk, and deals with constant tiredness, aches and more. As she reminds me, compared to many, it is ‘nothing’. I’m glad to help in a small way.

Best wishes for the future – and we want pictures of bikes being ridden and new chairs being used….

nbt

Didn;t read the original thread, thought it was just a request for suggestions. Reading it now made me cry. well done STW peeps, and good luck gnusmas and mrs_g. keep us updated on how things go

sweepy
    Free Member

I missed the original thread as I find light threads at this time of year depressing, end of summer looming and all that.

Hope you get the chair you need, and keep fighting for the PIP, I help people with their claims as a small part of my job and its an outrage the way people are being treated. Get the CAB on board if you can, they will help- although their funding is being cut at a time when more and more people need that help.

Best wishes to you and your family

Sandwich

Good job we’re not in USA, being forced to come here would count as cruel and unusual punishment!

Glad to know we have helped to make a difference.

IHN

Reading it now made me cry.

It’s dusty in here too.

nealglover
    Free Member

Totally missed the other thread so I will go and have a read now for context.

zippykona

My biggest problem at the moment is that my rear shock doesn’t lock out on my 3rd best bike.
    Have donated and hope that you can one day you can have as trivial problems as me.
    Sticky for a week at least please.
    Edit how much does a chair cost?
    Would be nice to chase a target.

mrlebowski
    Free Member

This place has it’s moments…

Well done you ‘orrible lot.

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

i am shocked as to why anyone would want to help me

Most people are just plain nice.

I sincerely hope things start to looking up for you soon and that the chair brings you a little more freedom and independence.

nbt

£700+. over £1k donated already. this place is ace sometimes

nedrapier

Really glad we’ve been able to make a difference. Well done JY for taking the initiative, and everyone who dipped into their pockets.

Mrs gnusmas, I can understand being talked about to strangers is upsetting, but very glad it’s helped you talk together and sort some things out.

I’ve found that if something’s difficult to talk about, or you don’t know where to start, just talking about it to anyone is a great start. Often, the more random the stranger the easier it becomes. I’ve found myself opening up to people I’ve never met before and unlikely to meet again, just because the consequences don’t feel as heavy. Doing that takes the weight off a bit, helps you figure things out enough to know where to start, why you feel the way you do, and how to explain it, so you can talk it through better and easier with the one(s) that really count.

Good luck both of you!

gnusmas

Thankyou so so much for your kind words, and as hubby has said before, thankyou for being so generous and supportive. I think you have all definitely helped him and things will get easier for me too i hope.
    After borrowing this electric chair this past week i see the benefits and disadvantages of them.
    Benefits are ease of getting around, manoeuvrability, my independence, will definitely be more comfortable and should lessen the pain i am constantly putting up with.
    Disadvantages are weight and on that chair, comfort. Hubby has to carry it in 2 pieces up/down 14 steps at the moment to the pavement from our house. He said the bottom part with the batteries weighed about 70kg, good job he is built like a tank lol.
    After speaking with the mobility staff they suggested upgrading the seat to a memory foam/gel one for comfort and having an adjustable headrest so i can custom fit as best i can.
    Also, some ramps to get in and out of the house to make it easier for hubby.
    A lot more things than we were originally thinking of but it should all make a difference.
    We have been to the council for an adapted bungalow but that could be a long wait,although we are now on the list for one.
    Thankyou all so so much for all of this.

Mrs Gnusmas

zippykona

Would you be able to store the chair in an asgard cycle store, space permitting?

gnusmas

Just had to look up what one of them is. We probably could in an area round the back of the house, only 6 steps to get there but the lane to the pavement is very long and it is a muddy grass type of lane and i can’t get over it very easily. But i think it could be done.

gordimhor

Good luck to all Gnusmases.
    Well done JY and the rest of stw.

theotherjonv

Can’t say it better than someone else already did – some people are just nice.

And your husband seems like a diamond, so keep looking after him and don’t let him lose his sparkle. Without sparkle, a diamond’s worthless.

On a less serious note

Hubby has to carry it in 2 pieces up/down 14 steps at the moment to the pavement from our house. He said the bottom part with the batteries weighed about 70kg, good job he is built like a tank lol.

Also, some ramps to get in and out of the house to make it easier for hubby.

Spend the extra on a ramp and a turbo boost function!

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vt1w_eCmzwo[/video]

gnusmas

That diamond quote is lovely, i will remember that one, thankyou.
    I remember a few years ago when hubby first joined the forum i always called myself an STW widow. It was always “i read this on the forum” or “i saw this on the forum” or “look at this”
    I can sort of understand now why he liked the forum back then and why he still goes on it today.
    I just sometimes wish i could do more to help or do more for him.

funkmasterp

So glad that you can now get the chair you need Mrs G. This place can be great at times. You’ll have to post some pictures of it when you finally get it. Have you decided what wheel size to go for?

tjagain

I bet this is just junkyard with another login trying to make himself look good and con us out of money. Sort of thing a lefty hippy like him would do. 😉

Not really – I am late to this but a few pennies chucked in

tjagain

This being STW and there being a muddy path to negotiate surely the least we should be aiming for is one of these

Sandwich

That has the requisite gnarr for here TJ. How much?

sweepy
    Free Member

I have to say I would happily triple my donation to go for one of those 🙂

jimmy

This bus is helluva dusty

gnusmas

I am literally shaking.
    I don’t know how to put anything into words.
    Thankyou so so much, this is amazing.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

currently at £2001

granny_ring

Mrs G, hope it does help you all get through the dark times and find some resolution.
    Good luck with it all.

Cougar

currently at £2001

£2,231. That’s going to be one serious gorram bike light, it’ll be visible from Mars.

Good work, all.

Junkyard
    Free Member

£2381 currently

Amazing generosity of this place.
    (on my hols hence sporadic posting)
    Well done all and glad Mrs gnusmas is pleased and hope it helps you.

gnusmas

It is still hard to believe you are all doing this, i haven’t been able to compose myself enough to write anything as i am too speechless.
    The money is not important to me. But knowing i can get something with it to make our daily life easier, and being able to get out and try and enjoy time with my family without being a burden or in too much pain is the most amazing feeling ever.
    Thankyou all again for enabling me to do this. Hopefully it should actually help me feel like part of my family again.

LadyGresley
    Free Member

Only just seen this and the original post, added a few bob to hopefully ease your lives, best wishes to you both.

Cougar

I just sometimes wish i could do more to help or do more for him.

Can I just say,

I’ve been in a similar position for several years. I spent every hour going “I wish I could do more for her” and she similarly spent every hour going “I wish I could do more for him.” Fact is, you’re both doing as much as you can for each other and I don’t doubt that you’re both eternally grateful to have each other. Please don’t feel guilty about that; relish it, embrace it.

mogrim

Missed the original thread, but can’t say I’m surprised at the result- despite its faults, this place rarely lets me down when it comes to helping out someone in a sticky situation 🙂

Anyway, another bit for the pot, and best wishes to you and the family.

gnusmas

I am truly grateful for all you have done and are doing. You all speak so kindly, which according to hubby sometimes is quite a rarity. Thankyou to everyone for your donations, i am extremely grateful to you all.
    Apparently there is 1 day to go on the crowdfunding page. 1 step closer for a semi resolution to the daily problems we face.
    I have said it before and i will probably say it again, but thankyou all so so much. This will definitely be life changing.

footflaps

This will definitely be life changing.

In which case, worth every penny 🙂

nedrapier

Thank you all again for enabling me to do this. Hopefully it should actually help me feel like part of my family again.

That’s made my day! I really hope so! 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀

nedrapier

Flippin’ heck!!! Just dropped in on the page to drop another couple of pints worth in on the back of that^. 😀

Cougar

I am truly grateful for all you have done and are doing. You all speak so kindly, which according to hubby sometimes is quite a rarity.

Nah, he’s right, we’re all bastards. (-:

Thing is, this is a very straight-talking forum, we don’t suffer fools gladly, we relish in competitive debate and we are full of argumentative shithouses (on the Chat forum at least). But there’s also an incredible wealth of knowledge here and a massive heart, when the chips are down the community absolutely will rally. They’ve – we’ve done it time and again. “Can anyone recommend a bike light because I’m having a tough time => here’s two and a half grand, hope it helps” really isn’t that leftfield.

Thanks is appreciated but not necessary, we’re just deliriously happy if it makes life easier. For all that we’re bastards we’re also a forum of sentimental old goats. (-:

(In my opinion, I don’t speak for everyone, etc etc)

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 66 total)

The topic ‘Mrs Gnusmas says Thankyou to you all’ is closed to new replies.