Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • MPs-trains or bikes
  • instanthit
    Free Member

MPs who don't want to travel 2nd class on the train with the scum, that's me and you. On their bikes, literally or metaphorically?
    As the Clash said "they're all fat and old queing for the house of lords".

Northwind

The MP, singular, who said that has his head up his a**e. But I've regularily seen MPs in standard class on the London train. Annabel Goldie always uses first class on the glasgow train but then, she's actually pretty classy, it'd be hard to imagine her sharing a table with a jakey, a bottle of buckfast and a dog on a string.

samuri
    Free Member

Civil servant guidelines are very clear. If you can make the journey on standard class then do so. First class is only for when you need to work on the train and obviously MP's are so *very* busy they work all the time.

Northwind

Well, to be fair if I'm travelling and having to do any serious work on the train I go in first class, it's just more sensible, less distractions. If he'd said that, I'd probably agree with him, but his actual comments… No.

CaptJon
    Free Member

There's an alternative to first class?

druidh
    Free Member

Northwind – Member
    Well, to be fair if I'm travelling and having to do any serious work on the train I go in first class, it's just more sensible, less distractions.

Agree – worked for me too.

anagallis_arvensis

On question time last night Roy Hattersley said, "the thing you have to remember about "insert name of the idiot tory who said it" is that he's an arse."

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘MPs-trains or bikes’ is closed to new replies.