Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Motorway Services, with somewhere to walk?
  • slowoldgit
    Free Member

Stafford North on the M6 has a footpath around a lake. It’s no great distance, but enough to unwind and straighten up. Does anyone know of others?

scotroutes

Killington Lake?

wwpaddler
    Free Member

Think you can do walks from Tebay / around Tebay.

singlespeedstu

The newish services on the M6 by Gloucester has some kind of a footpath/walkway thing around the outskirts.

bearnecessities

I completely misread that.

nickjb
    Free Member

Gloucester Services have a bit of a dog walking path and greenery. The whole place is a bit alternative with a farm shop and nice cafe rather than the usual Smiths and McDs

Edit. Too slow. Its the same company that run Tebay

convert

Yep, tebay is good for that.

GlennQuagmire
    Free Member

LOL!

LadyGresley
    Free Member

I suspect you only misread it by one letter.

Esme
    Free Member

So . . . with somewhere to talk?
    Some of them are very noisy, aren’t they?

MoreCashThanDash

Trowell services south bound service entrance is almost opposite a track to the bridleway/towpath network between Strelley, Trowell and Ilkeston.

Was looking at a motorway services route guide idea from there with Jenn before she was taken ill, and sadly never got it organised. Some decent cafes within an easy leg stretching ride as well.

garage-dweller

IIRC South Mimms (north stretch of M25) is alongside some country park or long distance path. You can step through between the buildings and onto a path.

ampthill

I think its the M6 toll services that a small hill and circle of foot path. I was doing loops around with the dog and I noticed an entire family of deer some way off, but all within the bounds of the service station

LeeW

The forest around the House of Bruder is pretty cool with the waterfall and all.

Not really a services as such, nor on the motorway…

cheekyboy
    Free Member

If youre southbound at Hilton Park and you want to go to Greggs or M and S you can walk across the bridge.

LadyGresley
    Free Member

So . . . with somewhere to talk?

Of course, what else could it possibly be?

willjones
    Free Member

Donnington has a little nature reserve, woods, pond, big field and plenty of rabbit for the dog.

Defender
    Free Member

Beaconsfield Services, just off the M40 (J2) has a large pond/small lake with a path around it and a children’s playground too. My wheelchair bound Mother quite likes being pushed round there on the all weather path, which makes it useable in the current weather conditions.

midlifecrashes

M1 Tibshelf services, southbound I think, if you walk straight through past the loos, the doors at the other end go out to some sort of country park, I think prettified mine reclamation, with information boards showing you where to go. Don’t think many do as they charge mightily for parking after the first two hours.

rone

Tibshelf backs on to 5 pits trail. Loads of options from there.

TomB

Just off M6 nr Preston (j31?) is Brockholes, a nature reserve with great walks and play areas. No dogs, though.

Ambrose

J 47 Swansea West backs onto Penllergaer Woods, a great spot. On the otherside of the roundabout are Cadle Woods- blummin amazing.

Woodland Walks

The paths are all open for MTBs too, even if not advertised as such.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Motorway Services, with somewhere to walk?’ is closed to new replies.