• This topic has 815 replies, 120 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by Muke.
Viewing 40 posts - 201 through 240 (of 816 total)
  • Moto GP 2013
  • mogrim

Someone needs singing lessons.

God it was awful!

When’s Marquez going to overtake? Last lap?

fingerbike
    Free Member

We definitely have a new alien.

tails
    Free Member

Not the most interesting of races but still better than F1, god I wish I had the balls to ride a motorbike!

Tom-B
    Free Member

Excellent ride from Marquez. Are we agreed that Cal is showing Rossi up yet? 🙂

Rorschach
    Free Member

Sales of elbow sliders rocket 8)

mogrim

Not the most interesting of races

Pretty dull, just the tension of seeing if Marquez could win his first race.

MSP

Yeah, Pedrosa has rarely fought for a win, should be more exciting on tracks when honda and yamaha are more evenly matched. It will defiantly turn the heat up with Marquez fighting at the front.

eugeo81
    Free Member

Pedrosa put up a good fight, surprised Lorenzo managed to keep so close to the Hondas too.

I think Rossi was having understeer problems and is still readjusting to the M1, He will be back near the top as soon as they are in Jerez.

Good ride from Crutchlow! I thought he was going to end up battling with Bradl more.

Ive just booked my flights for the Catalunya race 🙂

rossi46
    Free Member

Tenner on him to win the race- he currently owns Austin!

I claim my tenner- easiest tenner ever to be honest! Never doubted the boy for a moment 😉

We definitely have a new alien G.O.A.T

FTFY

Maybe it’s a bit soon but hey 😀

He will be back near the top as soon as they are in Jerez.

Also Rossi is not usually known to excel at new tracks.
    Cal did indeed show his steel- he wasn’t even at the Austin test…

Pigface
    Free Member

Are we agreed that Cal is showing Rossi up yet?

Nope 😉 😆

epicyclo

I’m a Rossi fan, but Cal did indeed show Rossi the way around the track.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Yes, I wouldn’t expect a GOAT candidate to have problems learning new tracks.

reggiegasket
    Free Member

Rossi still isn’t comfortable with the front end, from what I can see. Hopefully he’ll get that sorted soon as he’s normally really good on the front, especially under braking.

monkeyfudger
    Free Member

Damn I would have like to have seen Stoner and the boy Marquez dice!

Cal is absolutely riding the wheels of that Yamaha, Honda showed them up as a second rate team really.

Crell
    Free Member

Let Marquez get a couple of big class championships under his belt before he’s up for GOAT status.

I thought all 3 classes were pretty tame yesterday, certainly the least enjoyable racing in a while. Watching Redding head backwards was like his 125 days all over again, though with a better finish. Kalio’s block pass was fantastic to watch, on the limit for so long I thought he’d drop it.

What was Danny Kent doing so far down the qually and race sheet?

deviant
    Free Member

Rossi lost a chunk of one of his brake discs, its on the ‘motomatters’ website in Yamaha’s press release. Thats why he was having front end problems.

Great ride from Marquez though, I can see him winning this at his first attempt.
    Cal is going great, it’d be awesome to see him on a factory bike.

rossi46
    Free Member

I thought all 3 classes were pretty tame yesterday

I agree- for once F1 actually was better than bike racing 😯
    Perez V’s Button was class!

Rossi still isn’t comfortable with the front end, from what I can see. Hopefully he’ll get that sorted soon as he’s normally really good on the front, especially under braking.

Here’s the official excuse
    It certainly looked like he had braking problems….

Pigface
    Free Member

Bradley Smith and Ben Spies getting done by a CRT bike 😯

supertacky
    Free Member

Moto2
    I was disappointed for Redding. Cooked his tyres early on and paid for it by having to chang to a defensive plan in the second half of the race. His weight is a real penalty when attacking. Needs to move up this year I recon. His team mate raced a blinder yesterday showed his experience and was unlucky on the last corner.
    MotoGP
    Both Hondas looked to be in good shape yesterday, suited their top speed. Marquez is exciting to watch and could easily be in contention for the title.

wheelz
    Free Member

it was Jasper Iwema who had the big crash in Moto3 that brought the red flag out. He was knocked unconscious but was otherwise unscathed in the crash. He reckons he has concussion, but how the medics could tell I don’t know, as he never talks sense!

Scott knew his tyres were only going to last five or six laps, so pushed from the start to see what would happen. He knew that even once they’d gone he’d still have enough for a top six finish, so it wasn’t such a big risk. Unfortunately, the tyre also span on the rim, which caused quite a bit of chatter.

The problem with the tyre was so bad that when they cut the rear open after the race, there was only 2mm of rubber left on the radial banding!

Fifth was enough to give Redding the championship lead after Polyccio crashed out, but he won’t have been happy about being beaten by his teammate, who rode a great race apart from the last corner.

Marquez was phenomenal and Cal rode a great race to fourth. Bradl reckoned he was happy with fifth, which is surprising given he’s on a near full-factory bike and got beaten by a Satellite Yamaha.

Smith and Spies wouldn’t have been happy being beaten by a CRT bike, but at least the Austin circuit is long enough that they’d have had plenty of time to think up excuses on the slow down lap!

Crell
    Free Member

Bradley Smith and Ben Spies getting done by a CRT bike

Smith is a bit more understandable than Spies, though not great for either. In fairness Espagaro (A) is a class rider. He’s in danger of being a perennial CRT rider though. He needs a factory ride.

Lots of talk about Redding and Espagaro (P) moving up to GP in 14 but you’d wonder where they would end up (Assuming MVDS doesn’t move up for Scott).

The problem with the tyre was so bad that when they cut the rear open after the race, there was only 2mm of rubber left on the radial banding!

The quick shot of the top 3 rears after the race showed they didn’t look bad at all. Terol’s looked the worst. During the race, I started having flashbacks to Terol’s championship year and how boring Moto 2 will be if he just rides away from the pack.

M1llh0use
    Free Member

Really pleased for cal and will cheer in the Brits in the partisan fashion that we all should but does anyone else think he’s in danger of sounding a bit too much like a certain retired MGP rider/Aussie bumper car driver?

wheelz
    Free Member

I don’t think Terol is going to be able to ride away from the pack this season, although he will be a championship contender.

The Suter suited COTA, because it doesn’t use the rear tyre like the Kalex (the downside being it doesn’t offer the same level of rear grip, either). The Kalex is still the bike to be on and Terol will need to work hard when the championship returns to Europe, starting in Jerez next weekend, if he’s ;to keep the Suter in front.

Although the crashed out in Texas there’s more danger of Pol Espargaro making the championship boring by riding away at the front than Nico TeroI I think.

JCL
    Free Member

Where does everyone think Cruchlow would be on a factory Honda?

rossi46
    Free Member

what a 7 times world champion does on his day off – he just can’t help himself! 😀

Kato

Nice to see the #74 being carried on Marquez’s bike

rossi46
    Free Member

Cor blimey- a crashfest for Jerez qualifying. Two very second hand Yamahas.
    What a steelie ride by Cal Crutchlow, in the gravel twice and still up to speed for a 4th place start. Good lad 😀

Pigface
    Free Member

I would’t be surprised to see a Yamaha 123 today, it’s going to be a great race.

br
    Free Member

Season starts proper now.

epicyclo

M1llh0use – Member
    Really pleased for cal and will cheer in the Brits in the partisan fashion that we all should but does anyone else think he’s in danger of sounding a bit too much like a certain retired MGP rider/Aussie bumper car driver?

What? tells it how he sees it rather than utter preprocessed anodyne spin?

I prefer it.

Pigface
    Free Member

Naughty naughty Marc 😆

Margin-Walker
    Free Member

oh well … ha ha. Lorenzo knows he is in a race now. remember Simoncelli giving him grief….he shoulkd suck it up and get on with it. Hard move but leaving a marker out there for season. We know what he is like

deviant
    Free Member

Marquez doesnt give a toss does he!….haha, shades of a young Rossi.

Margin-Walker
    Free Member

didnt seem too bothered when interviewed……. ha ha.

mechmonkey
    Free Member

bahahahaha that was excellent. Marquez was committed to getting past him on that last lap and he did. Poor Lorenzo’s sensibilities have been hurt, but what’s he going to do? Marquez will greatly enjoy any aggressive riding around him and it is not Jorges style so would throw him off his game.

I love this kid 😀 😆

br
    Free Member

Naughty naughty Marc

Eh? George left the door open – he should’ve known better when there’s a 20 y/o behind him at the last corner.

Pigface
    Free Member

Behave Marquez went in way to hot, as he did a couple of corners earlier. I wonder what the fall out will be, makes for a very exciting season.

Rosss
    Free Member

Marc’s move was a difficult one. Yes I can see he left the door open but Marc was way too far back to make the move. Anyone could have done what he did and let the brakes off and bumped Lorenzo wide. It would have been fair if he got past without pushing Lorenzo wide and stopping him cutting back on the inside.

Tom-B
    Free Member

Not a good move imo-fantastic to see him having a go, but there was no way that he was stopping the bike without hitting JLo.

rossi46
    Free Member

It was pure Moto 2- he’s been doing that for a couple of years now, last person he shoved off was Pol Espargaro. “On the last lap i give it 110%” 😆

Those 3 Spaniards are in another class, Cal and Valentino had no answer to their raw speed. Cal can blame the bike at least, Rossi has to up his game.

Viewing 40 posts - 201 through 240 (of 816 total)

The topic ‘Moto GP 2013’ is closed to new replies.