• This topic has 815 replies, 120 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by Muke.
Viewing 40 posts - 241 through 280 (of 816 total)
  • Moto GP 2013
  • crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

Marquez was out of control and went into the corner way too fast, knowing he would probably get away with it at Lorenzo’s expense and he did.

FTFY.

shades of a young Rossi.

Senna, more like 🙄 .

He’s a phenomenal riding talent but he is also dangerous, numerous examples of dirty/dodgy moves in Moto2 but getting away with it as he’s Dorna’s golden boy.

JCL
    Free Member

I’m glad Danni won. Such a stylish rider.

RustySpanner

I’m worried that CC is going to be hung out to dry next season.

Pol has been earmarked for Tech3, and Cal’s contract is up.

Unless Bradders is paid off before his contract is up I don’t know where Cal’s going to go – I hope it’s not Ducati, because he’ll end up breaking himself

Are Suzuki coming back?

Holyzeus
    Free Member

Was i watching a different race??
    Marc doesn’t move from centre of track once he’s past, Lorenzo come’s up from outside and bumps him!

epicyclo

This puts Marquez on everyone’s radar.

My prediction – he’ll put someone in a wheelchair or leave in one.

M1llh0use
    Free Member

Well MM has already put one rider in hospital (willarot @ Phillip island) while riding like a twunk and after the introduction of the new “penalty points” system I would have expected some for MM after yesterday’s move but I guess his passport gives him a get out of jail free card…

rossi46
    Free Member

I’m seriously annoyed if this is the case 😯

Eurosport has to be able to at least show the event after the live programmes have been aired. It would suck eggs big time if the greedy money gremlins get their way 😥

mrblobby
    Free Member

That is indeed very annoying. Well at least if it’s a sports channel they’ll hopefully be able to dedicate the same amount of time to coverage as Eurosport. Please please please BT can you sign up Ryder, Moody and Spalding (and not those muppets on the bbc.)

br
    Free Member

Ok, worried at first but we’re on BT Broadband so it’ll still be free.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Now they seem to have Jake Humphrey involved. Could be worse I suppose.

Muke
    Free Member

I’m worried that CC is going to be hung out to dry next season.

Pol has been earmarked for Tech3, and Cal’s contract is up.

Having just read Herve Poncharals reply on Crash.net have to agree its not looking good for Cal @ Yamaha.

Looking forward to see how VR goes at Le Mans this weekend especially if its wet as predicted.

😀 Have BT Sport channels previewing on our Sky box already but can’t stand Jake Humphrey 👿

boblo
    Free Member

Jake Humphrey? Could be worse, could have been Suzi Perry…..

rossi46
    Free Member

Rossi likes Le Mans 😀
    Pedrosa looks handy at this point in time, but Marquez has improved the most in the two practice sessions thus far.

Bustaspoke
    Free Member

It’ll be interesting to see how the Dukes & CRT boys go if it’s wet

Pigface
    Free Member

First corner retribution? 😕

Rossi does seem to have lost a bit of his magic that is not criticism just time I guess. Dovi showing how good he is.

Tom-B
    Free Member

Ooh come on Scott!

Tom-B
    Free Member

Well done Scott!

martinxyz
    Free Member

Crutchlow sooking on an S.I.S gel on live tv. Will Monster energy be happy about that?!

monogramman
    Free Member

Could we also be on for a British moto GP win?

martinxyz
    Free Member

Cal won’t stay on til the end. He’ll be off on 4 laps remaining.

neninja
    Free Member

Taxi for Rossi, time to hang up his leathers. He’s been consistently underwhelming for several seasons. I’d say he mentally lost it after Marco’s death.

Massive congratulations for Cal. A very accomplished and mature ride. If Yamaha had any sense they’d give Cal a full factory bike asap to help take it to the Honda’s and support Lorenzo.

wolfenstein
    Free Member

Pedrosa!! my boy gonna win this season! 8)

Pigface
    Free Member

We have a little Dani fan, chapeau sir but it must be lonely in your world 😉

JCL
    Free Member

Please for Pedrosa. Such nice style on the bike.

RustySpanner

neninja – Member

Taxi for Rossi, time to hang up his leathers. He’s been consistently underwhelming for several seasons. I’d say he mentally lost it after Marco’s death.

Massive congratulations for Cal. A very accomplished and mature ride. If Yamaha had any sense they’d give Cal a full factory bike asap to help take it to the Honda’s and support Lorenzo.

Shh, you’re not allowed to say that on here!
    It MUST be someone elses fault.

I blame that nasty Casey Stoner – he so upset Jesus Vale by showing him how to quit at the top of his game that it put him right off his stroke. 😉

Or the nasty taxman 🙂

Or maybe his shoulder never really recovered properly?

the_lecht_rocks

Lol, Rossi is underwhelming. Shame. He should’ve quit 3 seasons ago.
    Marquez to ko Lorenzo…

monkeyfudger
    Free Member

Cal is an animal, awesome ride from him today while almost broken! That crash he had in FP looked nasty. He responded to Marquez in the final lap which was also very good to see.

What was he alluding to in the interview? Has he already got a ride sorted for 2014?

I’ve got to say I’m still desperately trying to believe Rossi has a few more wins in the bag but….hmmm….

Also, very good to see Dovi doing well, I’ve started rooting for him. He’s proved he can ride at the front on anything, he just doesn’t seem to get the fans excited.

RustySpanner

What was he alluding to in the interview? Has he already got a ride sorted for 2014?

No idea.

AFAIK from the media, he was offered a contract by Herve for another year at Tech3 but turned it down as he was insistant that he deserved a factory bike.
    Which doesn’t tally with what he said today, so I have no idea what’s happening.

Yamaha have no plans to provide Tech3 with full factory bikes because Tech3 beating the official team would not go down well in Iwata, with Rossi, Jorge or any of the sponsors.

He might end up at Suzuki, if they return – I can’t see anywhere else
    he can go.
    Pol is lined up for Cal’s ride next year and Bradders still has another year on his contract.

No room at Ducati Corse, Honda aren’t getting rid of Dani or Marquez so where does he go?

He’s a bit stuffed, really.

monkeyfudger
    Free Member

Aye, my thought process went a bit like that. Did wonder how much time Haydon has left at Ducati?

I wish we had more manufacturers involved, BMW should be in trying to stick it to DucAudi, it’d be great to see Suzuki involved again.

RustySpanner

Hayden is only with Ducati for this year, according to the Ducati website 😐

Crutchlow’s an impatient git though – I hope he doesn’t end up at Ducati, he’ll hurt himself trying to get it to work.

Perhaps he should have taken the two year deal with Tech3 when he had the chance?

I bet he ends up at Suzuki with John Hopkins.

Reluctant
    Free Member

I can’t see John Hopkins getting another GP ride ~ even though he’s a Suzuki boy through n through ~ there’s too much raw talent coming up from GP2. LCR Honda must be reconsidering Bradl’s contract – unless he majorly gets his act together soon. And Bautista should be doing better considering the hardware he’s got. Spare Hondas on the horizon?

rossi46
    Free Member

Shh, you’re not allowed to say that on here!

😆

Yep Rossi has indeed lost his mojo, he won’t quit as he loves racing too much. These new kids are just faster than he is right now and that’s it.

What a day for the Brits! Scott Redding is now 24 points in front in the championship- can he keep this lead for the season? Moto 2 champion sounds good, but a race win is awesome for now. Good lad!
    Cal must surely win at some point- surely.

I was very impressed with Marquez yet again- he utterly screwed the start up but then rode a great race to recover. Remember that was his first wet race on a GP bike. What a star 8)

We have a little Dani fan, chapeau sir but it must be lonely in your world

😆

He is a bloody good rider, but he will ultimately do something to prevent him winning a championship. I hope i can be proved wrong- he is one of the best riders to have never won a championship IMO (in the last 10 years that is)

ell_tell
    Free Member

I have to say that despite being a big Rossi fan his move back to Yamaha has so far been a bit underwhelming to say the least.

I was expecting a few more closely fought tussles near the front of the pack ala v’s Lorenzo a couple of years back or Gibernau a few more years further back. Hopefully he can regain some form but I have a feeling like others above he may be past his best…

MSP

He is a bloody good rider, but he will ultimately do something to prevent him winning a championship

Yep, he has already shown his physical frailties in the US GP. I also don’t think he has the mental hardness to fight back like Marquez did yesterday. However if he can get good results in the next 2 or 3 races, I think that might give him enough confidence and focus to keep going, if Marquez gets a better points tally over them races I can see him pulling away in the second half of the season.

Also be interesting to see if and where the other manufacturers can get at Honda, IMO more bikes scrapping at the front suits Marquez better than Pedrosa.

rossi46
    Free Member

Lorenzos lack of speed was a head scratcher too ❓

For Pedrosa to win a championship he needs to clear off at the front and that means he needs his team mate to do him a favour and take himself and Lorenzo out. Which is entirely possible 😆
    We haven’t yet seen a proper Marquez V Lorenzo dogfight, Jerez was just an introduction 😆

Muke
    Free Member

From Crash.net…

Bridgestone has rejected claims that a rear tyre problem was the cause of Jorge Lorenzo’s miserable Le Mans performance.

Lorenzo spoke of a chronic lack of rear grip, saying ”I don’t see anything other than the tyre causing the problem” – a theory Bridgestone Motorsport Tyre Development manager Shinji Aoki does not agree with.

“It was clear during the race that Jorge had an issue as he couldn’t keep the same pace as the leading group. Immediately after the race he had a debrief session with his tyre engineer where he explained his lack of rear grip,” explained Aoki.

“As is always the case in these situations, his engineer thoroughly examined Jorge’s race tyres which were found to be in good working condition. In addition, I examined the tyre myself and personally discussed the matter with the Yamaha engineers and we all agreed that Jorge’s lack of rear grip was not attributable to his tyre.

“We received many different comments from the riders after the race on the feeling on the track, even though they all used the same specification of wet tyre and endured the same track conditions.

“In these low grip situations, machine set up is critical as the smallest setting change can have a big effect on performance.

br
    Free Member

Yep Rossi has indeed lost his mojo, he won’t quit as he loves racing too much. These new kids are just faster than he is right now and that’s it.

Agree, in fact I think its a lot like Sheene’s last few years. He still had the skill and determination, but with a combination of others been better, equipment issues and that ’82 accident it just wasn’t happening.

Hopefully Vale will retire, still at (almost) the top, rather than go out with injury.

Pigface
    Free Member

I can see Rossi peddaling a CRT around like Edwards in a couple of years, just because he enjoys it. 😆

eugeo81
    Free Member

I reckon Rossi will be off to World Superbikes after his contract ends at Yamaha.

Muke
    Free Member

If the race goes the same way as practice maybe it will be last lap Catalunya 2009 over again. 😀

[video]http://vimeo.com/58287497[/video]

Viewing 40 posts - 241 through 280 (of 816 total)

The topic ‘Moto GP 2013’ is closed to new replies.