Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • MOT & Service Recommendation – Shipley/Bradford
  • FunkyDunc
    Free Member

My 2005 Mondeo needs a service and MOT, Ford and Kwik Fit etc all want £195 for doing the MOT and ‘Full Service’. When all they are bascially doing is changing the oil, oil filter and air filter.

Can any one recommend any good independant garages in the north Bradford area?

Ta

In fact just thinking about it, if my car is only worth about £2k is it really worth bothering with getting a decent dealer stamp etc?

uplink
    Free Member

I just got a great price from a main dealer – worth trying just for a benchmark
    I rang for quote and asked if they could get nearer the price of the ‘service station’ type places – they managed only £25 more, which I thought was good and they have been very helpful recently with an out of warranty repair so ….

craigxxl
    Free Member

If it’s a full service including fuel filter and the MOT then £195 is a good price. If you don’t want to pay other people to do the work get a Haynes manual and learn to do it yourself

honkiebikedude
    Free Member

£195 including VAT? If so that’s a cracking price from a main dealer.
    Fuel filter alone is around a tenner for a mondeo diesel. Then 6 litres of 5w30, pollen filter, air & oil filter.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

£195 would be Kwik Fit includes

Oil and Oil Filter
    Fuel Filter
    Air Filter
    MOT

No Pollen Filter

I know the brake fluid hasnt been done for at least 4 years now..

With the age of the car and its value I am wondering if its worth keeping a full service history any more or as above changing stuff myself like the oil and filters.

Is it worth keeping a Service history on a car worth no more than £2k?

craigxxl
    Free Member

Last time I looked in the Glass’s guide a dealer service history only adds around £500 to the value of the car which you can save by taking it elsewhere or doing your self.

sturmey
    Free Member

Try Andy a shipley mot centre on Brigate. Or alternatively Adrian at M F Taylors on Thackley old road. Both resonable and wont rip you off.

bigbloke
    Free Member

I do the servicing myself for large savings and the peace of mind that the service parts have actually all been changed and proper oil is put in.I keep all receipts for parts etc in the vehicle folder.

If the car needs repairing beyond my skill level i get a local mobile mech to sort it out.

MOT time i take it to a place that only does MOT’s and nothing else , they don’t even recommend a place to do any work needed if found to be a failure. I trust them to actually do an MOT properly and not use it as an excuse to drum up trade by failing it.

takisawa2

I paid £170inc vat at the Indy garage, who I always use. Includes pollen filter. No work needed for MOT. Its a rattly old 52′ reg diesel Mondeo, with 160k on the clock. I cant be rsed servicing cars these days.

I wouldnt use a “Kwik-Fit” type place for servicing/MOT’s. Greatest respect to the lads who work there, but from a saftey point of view, if I’m paying for my car to be serviced/inspected I want it done my a mechanic, not a tyre fitter. 😐

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Sturmey – Cheers for that I used to go to Andy a good few years ago and had completely forgotten about them, and didnt realise they did servicing too.

Had a word with him this morning and should get the whole lot for under £200. (which includes brake fluid and pollen filter)

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘MOT & Service Recommendation – Shipley/Bradford’ is closed to new replies.