Viewing 27 posts - 41 through 67 (of 67 total)
  • Monday Night Pub Ride – July 14th – Ramsbottom
  • binners

All out of towners welcome. We’re not doing the unremitting brutality of the Rake, so you should be safe. Theres a section of one climb thats pretty steep, but you’ll be reet. Its social pace. No race whippets tearing off ahead. Some of us have been known to get off and push. I know, I know… shocking stuff 😉

timc
    Free Member

I’ll meet you in the car park then 🙂

Look out for a car with a blue cotic Solaris on the back!

Harry_the_Spider

After yesterday’s BBQ I’m not exactly farting with confidence.

Will have a test flight before making a decision.

If I don’t show it is for your benefit.

Harry_the_Spider

All is clear! On my way.

jonjones262
    Free Member

I’m at a hare and hounds pub….don’t know if it’s the right one…

Bregante

Is it in a dip by some traffic lights?

If so – you are

Edit: is it this one?

jonjones262
    Free Member

Yep, it was that one. 🙂

Top ride chaps, good to meet you all.

Sorry to miss the pint after..

Harry_the_Spider

Another top do!

http://app.strava.com/activities/165961697

Next week… back to the hallowed turf. Prestwich.

binners

Bloody great run! And I’ve even managed to ride some new stuff tonight. Despite it being behind my house. And we got away with it before the proper deluge started. Nice to listen to it hammering down while having a pint after a very enjoyable ride! Perfect!

dazh

Cheers lads. I especially like those zig-zags through the woods, although next time I’ll remember to turn my light on.

hora
    Free Member

I really need to come to one of these. Whilst you were all out I was sat in a sauna with two Indian blokes.

Binners etc- we are doing Nan Bield on Sat if you fancy it?

binners

Hora – you’ve been saying you’re going to come on one of these for the best part of ten years now. But the allure of men in a sauna? You’re like a moth to a flame. 😀

eightyeight
    Free Member

Thanks Chaps, another good ride!

Posting photos on here is a smidge above my technical abilities, but if anyone is on instagram, search #MNPR (there’ll be a few about Power Rangers, but you should see mine as well)

eightyeight
    Free Member

Thanks Chaps, another good ride!

Posting photos on here is a smidge above my technical abilities, but if anyone is on instagram, search #MNPR (there’ll be a few about Power Rangers, but you should see mine as well)

Harry_the_Spider

Prestwich next week Hora if you fancy it. We’ll probably do some of the trails in the area that you once said would be best suited for industrial units. 😉

You can bring your naked India gentlemen friends if you like as we’re an open minded bunch, as long as you don’t get up to anything that will put me off my crisps.

hora
    Free Member

Binners is that benny hills my version of blue steel?

binners

Nice shots fella…

We’ve been blessed with some pretty spectacular sunsets of late

eightyeight
    Free Member

Ah, well done. Cheers.

Harry_the_Spider

Was that last night?

binners

It was definitely a game of two halves weather-wise. As clearly demonstrated in that last shot. EEK! At least we made it to the pub before that absolute deluge

Do we know how the early risers got on?

eightyeight
    Free Member

From top to bottom:

– Todmorden
    – Rivington
    – Ramsbottom

So just the bottom one is from last night. It was pretty threatening last night, but I had my yellow lenses in so it just felt like another sunny day!

timc
    Free Member

Good ride last night, thanks for having me along! Hope to make it again sometime soon 🙂

binners

Might as well bung in another gratuitous MNPR sunset pic in then. Blackstone….

jonjones262
    Free Member

I slept through my alarm, got up at half 5, rather than 5.

Feeling like it should be about 3pm already! 3rd coffee of the day just brewed!

All my wet clothes are in the car for the day. It’s going to be a nice smelling drive back to Derby later!?

Prestwich next week? It’s close to Manchester?

I might be able to make it. I’ll have to smuggle my bike up in the courtesy car I’ll have for that day.

Harry_the_Spider

Prestwich next week? It’s close to Manchester?

4 miles north of Manchester centre.

here

You’ll need lights as we’ll be playing in the woods.

terrahawk
    Free Member

Prestwich next week Hora if you fancy it. We’ll probably do some of the trails in the area that you once said would be best suited for industrial units.

I think he said something about raw sewage.

jonjones262
    Free Member

I had a nice treat when I got in the car to drive home earlier…..my wet muddy kit in the back, been there all day cooking in the sun….

I might have to torch the car, it reeked! !?

Viewing 27 posts - 41 through 67 (of 67 total)

The topic ‘Monday Night Pub Ride – July 14th – Ramsbottom’ is closed to new replies.