Viewing 28 posts - 81 through 108 (of 108 total)
  • Missy Giove
  • dbcooper
    Free Member

It is off the pace but it would be showing promise for a newcomer. How many of us could have done a dh run only 35s slower then Rachel?

Northwind

Cheers guys. And +1 Kimbers. If she’d gone back at it full tilt, trained for a year, learned the course, done a bunch of warmup races, got a full on deal and a pro level bike (1) and taken the time to learn it and set it up (2), then it’d be a poor performance. But as she did it, it’s basically preposterous, if it was a film you’d say it’s too far fetched. Cool runnings!

(1 The YT is a great bike but hers isn’t even the top consumer spec- it’s an almost-standard, 3500 euro CF Comp)
    (2 she got the bike the night before practice.)

scruff
    Free Member

I thought it was PR / Payday / cancer related emotional blackmail to get signed on. After seeing the run I think whatever the motives, for a middle age lady who rarely rides, SHE FlippING PINNED IT. MISSILE STOKE IS AT 11.

GDRS

Right youngsters (for there must be a few on this thread) Chair lifts are the new stair lifts.

MG is the same age as myself – and what I like is that however she got the shit together to do it she did it – and not in some game levelling vets category.

volatilemike
    Free Member

I kind of Fancy her. I said it.

I know Im barking up the wrong tree with that one!

bearGrease

She’s great, the whole comeback thing and her “style” is putting a smile on my face.

AlexSimon

There was one double-jump that I thought she cleaned more smoothly than any other rider I watched.

bikebouy
    Free Member

I ain’t watched the Vid but for sure it’s great to see her back on a course.
    We all know her history, but to come back from a totally different place to return to a passion and do well? Thats got to be a damn fine thing IMO.

Will she do it again? Yo know what I hope not. I hope this is just a small part of her reinventing herself and gaining some confidence in knowing she realy does still have “it”

Damn fine.

😀

Big-Bud
    Free Member

Never liked her.bad attitude foul mouthed drug pushing grass.she needs to be carful as once all the drug Lords are released after she grassed them up she’ll be in trouble. 1m in cash and enough smoke to keep green peace smashed for a decade and she got off on house arrest followed by a new York state sit in. She openly admitted to grassing shame she can’t back that big mouth of hers up.

nemesis
    Free Member

LOL

http://www.saratogian.com/general-news/20090618/wilton-pot-bust-nets-384-pounds

“Drug trafficking can lead you downhill fast. From championship mountain biking to street level drug dealing, the only reason people turn to drug trafficking is to make a profit from the sale of illicit narcotics. DEA and our law enforcement partners successfully put the brakes on this drug trafficking organization and put them out of business.”

Bet someone spent some time on that…

AlexSimon

It’s ok Big-Bud – for you there is Aaron Gwin

toppers3933
    Free Member

Grass? Give me strength! 🙄

Northwind

She totally is though. Tell you something, you wouldn’t have let her into your EPO gang, USADA turns up with a pee bottle and she goes IT WAS LAAAAAAANCE!

toppers3933
    Free Member

so what if she is? i wouldn’t have anything to do with her in the first place but judging a convicted drug dealer on the basis that she ‘told on the bigger boys’ is just odd.

Northwind

Doesn’t bother me at all, but Bud is right enough on the facts. I think, if you’re a crime lord, expecting Missy Giove to be silent on anything is probably not your smartest move. Quite likely says something about the nature of the network.

(I’m enjoying the irony of Big Bud’s screen name though…)

soulrider
    Free Member

The drug trafficking side of her I really do not like and it will never go away in my mind.
    But it made me smile that she came and had a go for her dying partner – and she came back with all her original style, personality and foibles on top of that without training, on an unfamiliar bike she nailed it
    You ‘gotta’ respect that.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

I don’t think convicted criminals racing is a good image for the sport, especially since the crime was drug-related. But maybe I like the comeback/redemption angle enough to forgive it.

Sport media is a kind of theatre and it needs characters you can cheer and boo. She fits the bill.

pebblebeach
    Free Member

Never liked her.bad attitude foul mouthed drug pushing grass.she needs to be carful as once all the drug Lords are released after she grassed them up she’ll be in trouble. 1m in cash and enough smoke to keep green peace smashed for a decade and she got off on house arrest followed by a new York state sit in. She openly admitted to grassing shame she can’t back that big mouth of hers up.

You gonna pop a cap in her ass Big-Bud for squeeling on your home dawgs?

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I don’t think convicted criminals racing is a good image for the sport, especially since the crime was drug-related. But maybe I like the comeback/redemption angle enough to forgive it.

Put into the context that the drug in question is now legal in a lot of states, and medically legal in many others what she did becomes more like tax evasion (on a fairly industrial scale mind).

I love STW, withing a few posts it swings from “crime is bad” to “grassing is bad” and back again.

sounds like shes still got the skills, just not the fitness, at 43 and 10+ years off the bike shes amazeballs imho

+1, 35 seconds isn’t much in the womens race.

Big-Bud
    Free Member

Nothing wrong with Gwinn I like the lad.
    Big bud believe it or not Was a bike I owned by focus it often gets people talking

I’d rather have gwinn intelligent after race interviews than all the ffing and jjefing of rat boy…..don,t get me wrong I like his riding but why do they have to behave like morons and who is the chav blonde who jumps up and down the sc lot like she’s won the race for them…God she’s annoying

Ot I know but would love to see dH get back some form……

Northwind

Big-Bud – Member

who is the chav blonde who jumps up and down the sc lot like she’s won the race for them..

Probably Kathy Sessler? She’s always first in when they get a result

If so, where to start? She’s the Syndicate team manager so she’s got every right to celebrate when one of her team wins. Also a 3 times national champ. She raced for Intense then when she retired became team manager, then helped set up the Syndicate, she’s been doing that for a decade.

Can’t imagine why she thinks she has a right to celebrate… Not just celebrate either, she was left holding Bryceland upright when he smashed his foot at the champs

MSP

Oh god, peaty has turned hipster, he is dead to me now!

rumbledethumps
    Free Member

F–k me he looks like Gary Fishers lovechild!

curiousyellow
    Free Member

Athletes are not role models. Let her race. Her results definitely show she’s earned it.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gqk4WPnrpM[/video]

chipsngravy
    Free Member

LOL at the STW Puritan haters that have never done wrong or dared to live their little lives.

I reckon only 1% (if that) of STWers could go quicker than Missy.

World Cup (cycling) downhill needs more characters like Missy and Palmer. Thank god for the likes of Brycleland and Brannigan & Fairclough, making an otherwise boring procession of mostly style-less, dull, excessively clean living “racers”, a bit more interesting.

Go Missy! Forever an MTB legend and remarkable woman.

Big-Bud
    Free Member

That’s her northwind. Not saying she’s not entitled just saying she is a bit over the top.

bigjim

LOL at the STW Puritan haters that have never done wrong or dared to live their little lives.

It’s a forum of middle aged middle class fuddy duddys whose understanding of drugs is probably based on watching Reefer Madness twenty years ago. I find it quite amusing!

scruff
    Free Member

Kathy Sessler is ace, shes got loads of MTB history, medal in World champs and was even a stuntwoman.

HOT IMO >

Viewing 28 posts - 81 through 108 (of 108 total)

The topic ‘Missy Giove’ is closed to new replies.