Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 108 total)
  • Missy Giove
  • Stevet1
    Free Member

So… Missy Giove back in DH.
    All we need now is to bring back Palmer for the mens

chestrockwell

Thought she would still be doing time?

DezB
    Free Member

12 years since she last raced in the big league and she’s 43. hmm.

AlexSimon

Link?

jamesfts
    Free Member

Palmer is sort of back, isn’t he coaching some youth Intense team?

Just don’t watch any of the videos of him riding.

LordFelchamtheIII
    Free Member

They’re bringing back the 90s, apparently.

Stevet1
    Free Member

12 years since she last raced in the big league and she’s 43. hmm.

Amazing to think that Peaty was racing at the same time she was in her prime, and he’s still going (sort of…)

hopeychondriact
    Free Member

Good news 😀 bring it on!

hatter

Yes!

Please qualify please qualify please qualify!

Oh, and do your race run on this:

thegreatape
    Free Member

Imagine how manky that piranha is now.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Well all shes gone through I say shes got balls..

Hope it all goes well for her.

🙂

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

Next want Tomac back. That I would pay to see.

superfli
    Free Member

On a YT in Windham? Sounds like a publicity stunt to me. Can’t see her doing at all well (although it would be great if she did!), but it might be good for YT now they are selling in USA.

Northwind

I would love it for her to find the pace… I think old injuries might be the biggest issue though, did she not retire more or less on doctor’s orders, too many knocks to the head?

chestrockwell – Member

Thought she would still be doing time?

Nah, she was released on time served. I guess she might be out of her probation too if she’s allowed to travel?

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

Well, she looks in shape at least.

dbcooper
    Free Member

Claudio had dinner with her last night, the scamp.

torsoinalake
    Free Member

Can’t see her doing at all well

Listening to the interview on the link above, it sounds like she might just be a teeny tiny bit out of practice.

She is dudebro to the **** max though.

nemesis
    Free Member

I too would quite like to see her do well but I expect that she’ll find that things have really moved on.

spacehopper

id like to see her do well..

but shes said shes ridden 16 times in the last ten years..!!

I dont think she has a chance to be honest.. things have moved on quite a bit..

Palmer did comeback a few years ago.. I think he did 2 world cups? and struggled.. im pretty sure he didnt qualify for the main event in at least one of them if not both..

DezB
    Free Member

And what does YT stand for again? 🙂

Euro
    Free Member

Yesteryears Trafficker?

nemesis
    Free Member

Yesshewastalentedoncebutprobablyisnowstartingtorunshortof Talent?

dbcooper
    Free Member

She swears a quite a bit..

nemesis
    Free Member

She always did.

bombjack
    Free Member

Publicity stunt or not fair play to her, she’s made some bad choices and has come out the other side. Hope she enjoys the course and doesn’t get more broken.

legend
    Free Member

Is ACC going to come along to give her a spanking again?

P-Jay
    Free Member

She’s before my time, but I’ve read a bit about her – fascinating story, I think people will obviously compare her to Palmer, but I don’ think she had that level of god given talent.

I’m not sure the rules on WC entries, I spoke with Neil Donoghue a couple of years ago, this was after BikeRadar Team had folded and before he started racing Enduro so I don’t think he was racing at all then, I mentioned I’d put him in my Dirt Fantasy DH league (he was very cheap) as they announced he was going to race certain WCs as a Privateer – he laughed about saying something like that once, but he certainly wasn’t racing because no matter how good you are, or were you can’t just rock up at a WC and slap your name down, you need some National Level UCI points amongst other things.

Something similar was said about Palmer a couple of years back, maybe 2011 or something that he was going to race certain WCs, but I don’t think he ever did.

TooTall
    Free Member

From a 2013 article:

Giove talks about how she’d love to race one more season despite orders from neurologists that she remain retired from the sport, probation terms that prohibit her from leaving the state, and the fact that she still suffers from chronic headaches and the occasional seizure. She admits that it’s an imperfect ambition and knows the sport is dominated by youth – last year’s female world champ was 22. Even though she is not actively training for a comeback, Giove insists that on the right course on the right day, she’d be a serious contender. “I have the speed,” she says. “They say I shouldn’t hit my head ever again, but I’m gonna have to live my life.”

http://www.mensjournal.com/magazine/missy-giove-an-x-games-stars-criminal-ride-20131028

There’s a point at which you really should listen to doctors.

Pigface
    Free Member

She’s before my time

😥

Stevet1
    Free Member

There’s a point at which you really should listen to doctors.

Possibly but

“I have the speed,” she says. “They say I shouldn’t hit my head ever again, but I’m gonna have to live my life.”

Legend, I feel the need, the need for Speeeeeeeeeeeeed

moneytrain81
    Free Member

Well this is certainly unexpected. Hopefully RedBull do some coverage.

chipsngravy
    Free Member

Good for her!

I hope she has fun.

zero-cool
    Free Member

I read she needed dispensation from the U.S. national Team(or something) to be allowed to ride as part of them. And it’s the wishes of her partner (who I believe has terminal cancer) to see her race a World Cup before she goes.

The main problem she had back in the day was ACC was massively above all the other women she raced against and was so dominant that no one had a chance if she turned up to race.

It’s my opinion that whatever she’s done in her past, she’s served her time and can carry one racing if she wants. And I doubt I’d be too worried about another knock to the head if my other(better) half’s dying wish was to see me do something risky.

Tom kP

bikebouy
    Free Member

Do yo think she drives an Audi and gets an uplift these days 😕

snorkelsucker
    Free Member

From the link to the article above…

“[Missy] is sporting a black-and-white Vans mesh hat and a Brooklyn Nets jersey that reveals dark tufts of armpit hair”.

Sounds like Ratboy won’t be the hairiest critter on course at the weekend…

JoeG
    Free Member

She raced round 4 of the ProGRT at Snowshoe WV a few weeks ago.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Go girl!

kayla1
    Free Member

Missy rocks. That’s an actual fact, right there 😀

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 108 total)

The topic ‘Missy Giove’ is closed to new replies.