Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Mindfullness….
  • crikey
    Free Member

As an impatient, increasingly grumpy and on occasion, massively stressed out chap, I’m interested in learning more about getting on top of my whirling cacophonous dervishlike thought processes.

Any tips, help, pointers, etc.

Mandatory MTFU responses accepted…

flow
    Free Member

As an impatient, increasingly grumpy and on occasion, massively stressed out chap

I’ve noticed 😉

Meditation, relaxation tapes/vids etc. I thought it wouldn’t work at first, definitely does.

donsimon
    Free Member

Get laid.

flippinheckler
    Free Member

Count to ten!

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Always carry a notepad, write down the ideas and you can park them.

Try Mind maps

simonralli2
    Free Member

This could help – people have said to me that although they have been doing yoga for years, my drumming has really helped them achieve much deeper meditative states

Just learning some simple breathing techniques will help too.

crikey
    Free Member

I know flow, I’m hopeless sometimes, and I really need to address it..
    How did you start?

bikebouy
    Free Member

This will do one of two things, make you mad or help you towards the right path.

Spin
    Free Member

Find your happy place but try to avoid rocking back and forth mumbling ‘there’s no place like home’

crikey
    Free Member

Don, I’m a bit busy at the mo, but I’ll think about your offer.
    A five? No. Thanks, but no.

simonralli2
    Free Member

How did you start?

Probably a good starting point is a guided meditation. There are many of these, and it is probably the case of finding one you can related to and really get on with. These have breathing and visualisation exercises and can work very well indeed if you get the right one.

flippinheckler
    Free Member

Deep breathing exercises really do help your state of mind along with muscle tensing and relaxing techniques from head to toe, I teach these techniques to some of my clients for tinnitus management and it helps them control their tinnitus along with other counseling advice.

crikey
    Free Member

So look local, is there an association with yoga?
    I don’t mind, if so.

nedrapier

As someone who has some difficulty keeping his mind on one thing, but finds it much easier to get on with it after a pint or 2 at lunch, I’ve wondered whether I’m naturally just a bit too sober.

donsimon
    Free Member

Don, I’m a bit busy at the mo, but I’ll think about your offer.

Don’t worry, it’ll be both brief and painless petal.

iDave
    Free Member

I found this very useful in helping me avoid wasting time being worried about the trivial and non-trivial shite we are faced with each day

http://www.fourhourworkweek.com/blog/2009/04/13/stoicism-101-a-practical-guide-for-entrepreneurs/

crikey
    Free Member

Cheers chaps.
    I’m at a point where I appear to others to be gliding serenely through life, while underneath I’m paddling like an amphetamine fuelled duck.
    Time for a change.

emsz
    Free Member

great sex helps loads LOL.

that and just turning everything off and just “being” turn off tv radio, phone, everything, and just sit and thinking about nothing.

noteeth
    Free Member

I usually pretend I’m somewhere else.

crikey
    Free Member

Again emsz, thanks, but I suspect I’m not really the kind of fat little grumpy northern chap you normally find attractive. 😉

I’m going to look into the whole mindfullness thing, it’s getting to the point where I’m wasting my life being stressed out about the life I’m wasting..

crikey
    Free Member

I’m getting a bit stressed about everyone offering me sex to be honest..

hilldodger
    Free Member

simonralli2 – Member
    my drumming has really helped them achieve much deeper meditative states

Sorry for threadjack crikey 😳

Simon, can you recommend a good place for native/shamanic drums, either online or SE/London based ??

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

I’ve found that taking up a sport which lets me kick the shit out of stuff helps.

hilldodger
    Free Member

Crikey,
    As well as meditation, it’s worth exploring your ‘creative side’ (I know, that sounds real corny),
    I have no real drawing talent but find I can lose myself for ages with a sketch pad just doodling away, and it certainly slows the mind/sends it on a different path…..

simonralli2
    Free Member

Hilldodger

Are you wanting to buy a drum or to experience it? I will be doing a drumming workshop in London towards the end of january.

What kind of drum are you looking for?

As well as making one which is not so great for the British climate, my synthetic ones are from Remo.

There must be plenty of good shops in SE London but that is not my neck of the woods.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Crikey..

Sorry to publish that thing with two wheels..

Just followed the link to “4 hourworkweek” someone posted, brilliant.

Didn’t mean to belittle your condition.

crikey
    Free Member

No worries fella, I might yet buy one…!

brooess
    Free Member

Yoga.
    You don’t half have to focus to do half the positions. Keeps your head empty of other stuff.
    Core strength will make you better on your bike
    And you get to lie down and have a snooze at the end 🙂

bigG
    Free Member

Find a popular friend and go climbing with him, especially if he likes to bring along hot chicks. The satisfaction will distract you for years to come

epicyclo

Stop drinking coffee?

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘Mindfullness….’ is closed to new replies.