• This topic has 12 replies, 9 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by ndg.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Medium SB66
  • ndg
    Free Member

Does anyone have an SB66 in medium within 40 mins of Warwick that I could have a sit on?

I demo’d a large and really enjoyed it, probably a good fit, but have a niggling ‘you didn’t try the medium’ thought I can’t get rid of. I think a quick sit on one should get rid of it or save me an expensive mistake, but can’t find any shops with a built bike in stock to sit on short of driving to Hull.

RustyCable
    Free Member

Have you tried John Akins ? They’re supposed to be a Yeti dealer . Or Maybe try Delta bikes in Dursley
    Hope that helps !

Rosss
    Free Member

Swinnerton cycles on cannock chase had what looked to be a medium 66 demo bike hanging up last weekend.

ndg
    Free Member

Any other suggestions good people of singletrack? Neither Swinerton or John Atkins have stock.

br
    Free Member

Does anyone have an SB66 in medium within 40 mins of Warwick that I could have a sit on?

If you are looking at spending a couple of grand, it’d probably be worth travelling a bit further, just to make sure…

utangvegas

If it helps I’m 5’11” and ride a medium SB-66C but I do run a good amount of post out of the frame. When I test rode the bike I was fine on the large but the medium just felt better for my riding style.

Not sure if that helps or just adds to your doubt 😉

Amazing bike though in both alloy and carbon.

ndg
    Free Member

Willing to travel further to be honest – considering a day trip to Afan to have a go on theirs. I liked how the large rode, really just wanted to try a medium for fit.

BigSteve
    Free Member

As Ross says – Swinnertons at Birches Valley, Cannock have a medium SB66 on demo.

http://www.bikechase.co.uk/index.php?p=286046

£30 for 1/2 a day I think.

stewartc
    Free Member

Not within 40 minutes of you but 5′ 9” , 30′ inseam and running a 50mm stem and the medium fits me to a T.
    If your willing to travel then your welcome to try mine.

ndg
    Free Member

Stewart – Hong Kong may be a bit of a stretch! 😯

Thanks for the link Steve, must have been having a special moment – just couldn’t find it when I looked.

dan45a
    Free Member

Not sure if this helps….Afans demo SB66 is a medium fitted with a 65mm stem and 711mm bars. I tried it, i’m 5’8″ and found it pretty long to start, I slide the saddle forward halfway up the climb and it felt really good then. On the downs it felt really good, apart for the spindly for 32 fork in the turns…

I’d probably still go with the medium myself and run with 50mm stem as I like a long bike. each to their own…

ndg – go to afan and do a proper test and have a great day out… then you’ll know for sure 🙂

deanfbm
    Free Member

Just to confuse things, im 5.10, i own a small of which im very happy with the size.

I rode a medium, 60mm stem, felt roomy and great, but as i wore more and more tired, my arse was moving further and further forward on the saddle.

My preferences are to stand 95% of the time (the SB66 is the best out of the saddle pedalling bike ive ridden and that’s comparing to 100mm bikes), i only really sit and pootle on road sections or really long, dull uphills. So even if it isn’t roomy seated, it doesn’t really effect me.

Just to put how big the medium SB66 is, it has a 24″ TT which is most companies L/XL, so even if you’re old school and used to 120mm+ stems, you should be able to achieve all the breathing spce you want on a medium.

ndg
    Free Member

Dean – the top tube is what I’m concerned about – I tested the large and it felt quite open, but being 182cm (5’11.5″) I’m right on the cusp of medium/large.

I do want to run a 50/60mm stem with it though as I’ve heard these really work well with this bike, so I could shorten the cockpit from the demo bike by 20mm (70mm stem). In contrast to you though I’m more of a sit down and spin rider, although that’s changing slightly now I have a single speed.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Medium SB66’ is closed to new replies.