Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • McDonald's Ride-In…
  • rewski
    Free Member

…anyone ridden into a drive in and ordered food? was tempted tonight on the commute home, tank was almost empty.

hugor
    Free Member

Not done many ride thru’s but loads of walk or stumble thru’s.

nwill1
    Free Member

Used to do it on the BMX when we were teenagers….no problems.

muppet4
    Free Member

yeah no probs – done that a few times.
    Just got to pretend to wind the window down 😆

sambob
    Free Member

Tried to walk through one and they wouldn’t give us any food 🙁 4AM and some of the group being slightly worse for wear probably didn’t help mind…

davesmate
    Free Member

Funny that, i was thinking exactly the same thing towards the end of my ride today. Didn’t have a lock on me so couldn’t stop to go in anywhere, saw the line of cars at McDonalds window and thought about joining the queue.

vinnyeh

Got to be in a car now- no bikes or walking, it doesn’t fit with the image.

Used to do a few early morning staggers through a local one, but they’ve changed the rules on them now.

rewski
    Free Member

😆 @ muppet4

takisawa2

Did it & got served, but was many years ago on a canal ride into B’ham. The girl on the till found it quite funny.

In “Marathon Man” Dean Karnazes describes how, on one of this all-night runs, they wouldnt serve him on foot & he had to pay a passing motorist to drive him through.

Northwind

In my local one, they refused to serve us on foot but were quite happy when we pushed someone up in a shopping trolley. Policy, I imagine.

rOcKeTdOg

did it about 15 years ago, they refuse to serve me (there was no queue) and suggested i walk in through the front door, i only wanted a bloody strawberry shake! not been back to any branch since apart from to use their toilet, that’ll show ’em!! 😉

Andyhilton
    Free Member

McShit & Lies.

Houns

Yep have done so a couple of times years ago. Like above I have seen signs up saying cars only

cookeaa

I’m often tempted on the way home from a ride as there a route that takes in a Mcdonalds drive through, thus far I have resisted…

nickewen
    Free Member

Done it a few times when I was younger (bout 10 yrs ago) with mixed results… Sometimes they served us sometimes they didn’t! I can’t see the issue myself, especially if you don’t have a lock it makes perfect sense.

allyharp

We used to get told we’re not allowed to serve bikes “for insurance reasons!”

Neil-F
    Free Member

If they refused me, I’d just roll my bike in. I’d also make sure the tyres were a tad muddy. 😀

molgrips
    Free Member

We had a thread on this a long time ago. Many have rules saying cars only in the drive through, and some have even put signs up.

hugor
    Free Member

What about motorcycles? Can they do drive thru? Is it a driving/riding without proper control issue?

althepal

Ambulances don’t fit (usually) and had a strange hankering for a burger in the early hours.. Kb’d on foot.
    Doubt they would serve someone on a pushbike but the motorbike point is an interesting one..

v8ninety

Went to a drive thru on a night shift once, in a big ole ambulance that wouldn’t fit under the canopy of the drive through lane. No worries I thought, I’ll park up and stroll across. Buggers wouldn’t serve me for ‘elf and safety’ reasons! (the bugger gets everywhere) not to be deprived of my night shift crappy food fix, I apprehended one of the inevitable corsa/saxo/fiesta drivers that was hangin’ round the car park and got him to drive through for me. Me leaning into the passenger side of said motor passing my order to the cashier via a third party was the highlight of the shift;
    -is that a large meal?
    -he says is that a large meal?
    -tell him yes please large
    -he says yes please large
    -is that everything?
    -he said is that everything?
    -tell him a chicken mayo as well…

It was a dull shift to be fair…

althepal

Place was empty so I didn’t even have that option..
    Had to go to a well known kebab shop instead who, in fairness, did make me a very nice, very fresh burger.

Bregante

Should have just ordered a taxi to drive you through…. 8)

v8ninety

Late night kebab shops FTW. (best late night chicken burger EVER at a spot in Selly Oak the other night; Cajun burger, mmm, nom nom. £3 including chips and a coke, too, bargain)

rOcKeTdOg

try the burgers/kebab at charlies in Bromsgrove, always special

IHN

Back in the day, there was often a long conga line seen passing through the McDonalds drive-through near Stockport Station, made up of revellers recently ejected from the late, great Coco Savannah’s night club 🙂

hock

we pushed someone up in a shopping trolley

long conga line seen passing through

great pictures in my mind now! 😀

Maybe a dumb question: if your ambulance or whatever stops you from driving through why don’t you just ultimately walk in? or do they serve drive-thru only at certain times?

bikebouy
    Free Member

I did it once with two mates, we were out for a long old ride and needed a coffee and muffin, simple fix t’was all.

allyharp

or do they serve drive-thru only at certain times?

Yup, a lot of the quieter ones seem to shut up shop and have drive thru only for the last hour or 2.

floyd_england
    Free Member

I had a ‘push thru’ last year with two halves of a Cotic Hemlock held together with an inner tube…

vondally
    Free Member

A friends daughter tried to get a drive thru on a horse, she was refused

topangarider
    Free Member

Popped into one before driving back on Sat night after Revolution at the velodrome. Ordered a regular white coffee. Received a large black. Had to drive around again to get some milk as it was D’through only. Was held up by 2 scallies on BMX’s ordering Big Mac’s with no lettuce and awkward crap like that. 10mins later, I didn’t get any milk, just a brand new white coffee.

Very odd.

So yes it can be done, whilst also being an awkward beggar!

Alejandro
    Free Member

Yep, done with some mates. Or at least we lined up at the entrance to see if they would actually serve us; ‘Can I take your order please?’ came through the speaker and we laughed and rode off.

I don’t think it would feel right to get a McD’s right after a healthy bike ride 😕

TiRed

Done it a couple of times on the tandem. Never had an issue.

tinribz
    Free Member

I have seen signs up saying cars only

ashfanman
    Free Member

try the burgers/kebab at charlies in Bromsgrove, always special

No way. Now that takes me back. The Charlies special burger was a thing to behold.

But I thought it closed because Charlie died or something?

Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)

The topic ‘McDonald's Ride-In…’ is closed to new replies.