Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Maxx D light poor performance in the cold.
  • Effleurage
    Free Member

I know batteries don’t like the cold but I am not getting anything like 3hrs on max setting.Most has been about 1:50.
    Couple of days ago on a road ride it shut down to the low setting after 1:20 [fully charged] This makes 2 hr rides on pitch black country lanes a bit out of reach withoutsome eeking out,so to speak,which is not why I bought a ‘3hr’ powerful light.
    I like the idea of getting a Red Eye when they are available but that will reduce burn times even more,making the light a bit unusable for its intended purpose [for me]
    Anyone getting better performance out of there Exposure lights in the cold or do I have a duffer?
    In the marketing blurb/spec do you reckon manufacturers should clearly state that performance can fall significantly below stated [optimal conditions?] burn times?
    Don’t think I should have to spend out on another battery pack to get close to the quoted 3 hrs…
    Other than that it’s a nice light.

AndyNot@CRC
    Free Member

Flipping cold here recently and I seem to be getting better run times than that, though to be fair may not have run on the Max setting for my entire ride, more than 1.20 though.

Will have to put that to the test this week.

Anthony
    Free Member

The first ride on my Enduro Maxx2 I had the red battery light on after 1hr30m but again it was below freezing and the first few rides will always be poor as the battery needs kicking into life with a couple of charges/discharges.

Effleurage
    Free Member

It’s had 20 or so charges …cos it keeps running out.

racing_ralph
    Free Member

crazy thought – ring USE?

sofatester
    Free Member

Thats why you earn the big bucks Ralph!

JoeBones
    Free Member

I was considering a Maxx D but after a bad experience with USE lights in the past I am glad I went for Hope instead.

woffle
    Free Member

I’ve got a Maxx-D (bought at the end of November) and use it daily, mostly flipping between high and medium settings, dependent on traffic, for about an hour and a half a day. Usually I get two full days commuting out of it before I see anything other than the green light. It’s been silly cold here down in Sussex too and I had one day where the indicator went orange after just after an hours use. Took it home and gave it a full charge and, fingers crossed, it seems to be back to it’s usual long-lasting self – I put it down to the sub-zero temperatures.

I’d give USE a call if battery life is that bad. I’m also looking to get a Red Eye as I like the idea but I’m going to keep a close eye on it’s impact on battery performance before I do so…

Effleurage
    Free Member

Think I’ll start keeping a strict eye on the burn times and keep a log [yawn] see if things improve as the mercury rises.

Much prefer it to the Hope 4 tho.

Daffy

Have you charged it properly? They only fast charge to 90% then a very slow trickle charge (12 hours or so) for the remaining 10%

Effleurage
    Free Member

yup,charged 12 hrs ++

ventanarider
    Free Member

i guess its possible severe cold could affect bttery, how about putting a neoprene rear shock cover on it?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Maxx D light poor performance in the cold.’ is closed to new replies.