Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Mavic Crossmax SX: Converting QR rear to 142 x 12
  • gribble
    Free Member

Hello,

I have a set of these wheels (2011/12 era). I need to convert the rear wheel from QR to a 142 x 12. Now I have done a teeny bit of research, but this is no my superpower and I could do with some help from the Singletrack collective. I bought the wheels new, but they were shop stock so just came as is without any additional bits.

The info on how to change the wheel to 142 x 12 bolt through I think is here: Helpful Pink Bike article

But I am not sure about the actual part I need: I have had a look here but would appreciate if I am on the right lines: Mavic Parts Link

dc1988

I have these wheels and they came with all the adapters, I can have a look and see what the 142×12 caps look like

gribble
    Free Member

Thanks DC

sani2c
    Free Member

Just had similar problem. Bought bits off inter webs from Evans. Didn’t seem to be what my bike fixer needed. You are welcome to them.

dc1988

Part number 308 593 01
    Google that number and you should get the right part, one is bigger with a flange and is threaded, the other one pushes on. Looks like the qr adapters just pull out to leave an empty 12 mm axle.

gribble
    Free Member

Thanks DC. That is great.

San – is that what you have? Happily take them off you for cold hard cash/contribution to your favorite charity.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Mavic Crossmax SX: Converting QR rear to 142 x 12’ is closed to new replies.