Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Mavic Crossmax SL29er Wheels
  • dave32
    Free Member

On the hunt for a new set and these keep catching my eye but the reviews seem to say there more focused to xc style of riding which is fine for 75% of my riding..anybody on here got them, are they gonna die when I head up to Wales etc for a bit more of the harder hitting stuff?

molgrips
    Free Member

Wait – what are you doing in Wales that’s not XC?

Rocky big trails are still XC!

welshfarmer

I have Crossmax SLR29s and I have given them plenty of rocky abuse. Trust them completely for such a light wheel. And they look the dogs danglies 🙂

khani
    Free Member

I’ve got the 29er ST’s and they’re light and stiff and look lush,
    I’ve run Crossmax wheels for years starting with Enduros, XL’s SX’s and 26er ST’s and never had any real problems..

dave32
    Free Member

Sweet guys,cheers for the info….had my mind set on them just needed reassuring…

anc
    Free Member

Mcconvey cycles av 30% off them at the mo(slr and st), got some st’s as i wanted the wider rim.

dave32
    Free Member

What is the difference between the slr and sl? pretty much the same price

anc
    Free Member

slr’s a bit lighter but has a slimmer rim width. live in the lakes so the wider st is better for me as i can run bigger tyres

edit: whoops sorry didnt read your post right, your asking the difference between sl not st… ignore me :))

drovercycles
    Free Member

Mcconvey cycles av 30% off them at the mo(slr and st)

That’s nice but I think the OP was after the SLs – new wheel which won’t be discounted anywhere by much. Even CRC is only 10% off which presumably many Mavic retailers would consider matching.

What is the difference between the slr and sl?

SL is a new wheel for 2015 – SLR is now discontinued (hence it’s discounted). SL is a bit lighter (uses 4D milling rather than 3D (just don’t ask what the 4th dimension is…) to reduce the weight of the rim without compromising on strength).

dave32
    Free Member

That clears that up, cheers

anc
    Free Member

just trying to help the lad… I’d take the 30% cos in reality theres fek all difference 😛

drovercycles
    Free Member

just trying to help the lad… I’d take the 30% cos in reality theres fek all difference

Yep, fair enough. I’d go for the one at 30% off myself too in all honesty. Don’t reckon my level of performance would justify the saving of 50 grams or so! The SL wheelset is a thing of beauty though, even nicer-looking that the SLRs imho.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Mavic Crossmax SL29er Wheels’ is closed to new replies.