Viewing 40 posts - 321 through 360 (of 538 total)
  • Man down :-(
  • toss
    Free Member

EXCELLENT NEWS! 🙂
    Now pass me my ale!!! Celebration time! Gulp…. CHEERS SFB!!

T

mick_r

Yay! Great news.

Just had to come back into work (19:30 Friday) and seeing that has cheered me up no end.

simondbarnes

Excellent news 🙂

flap_jack
    Free Member

I’ll drink to that. never met him but enjoyed his posts no end. delighted that there will be more…

Gilesey
    Free Member

Glasses of the good stuff being raised to your good health tonight SFB.

Alphabet

Yey \o/ Excellent news.

Drac

Good to hear keep on fighting Simon.

crikey
    Free Member

A picture of a nurses arse for the numpties, I’m in black with a red backpack:

Esme
    Free Member

Crikey, is that really “Simon Fell”? 🙄

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

No recent news I hope this means that steady progress is still being made. Get well soon sfb 🙂

ski
    Free Member

All the best sfb and get well soon

piemonster

Wot Ski said.

crazy-legs

Update from his son is that he’s being allow visitors later this week but is still on partial sedation and can’t really talk. Keeps drifting in and out of lucidity.

You can probably view him being unable to talk in a good or bad way really!

But he seems to be improving steadily.

Trampus
    Free Member

Glad tidings! Thanks, crazy-legs.

tails
    Free Member

Jesus! I don’t usev the forum so much but I wish him all the best, I liked his pics and his arguments with others. Surprised someone who cycled as much as him had a heart attack.

pennine
    Free Member

Good to hear each day he’s a little better. Thanks for posting Crazy-Legs

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

partial sedation and can’t really talk. Keeps drifting in and out of lucidity.

I was like that last night after a few sherbets….! 🙂

Great to hear things are progressing.

plumber
    Free Member

Theres been a face book post about people visiting soon so I think that can only be good news

Bunnyhop

tails

Surprised someone who cycled as much as him had a heart attack.

can’t be sure but if you read the whole thread it was caused by a blood clot and not furred up arteries (stand to be corrected if not the case).

Glad you’re progressing well Simon.

ton

good luck barnesy, keep on keeping on mate.

Bunny hop is correct. Blood clot rather than traditional gummed up arteries and valves…

billyboy
    Free Member

Sorry Simon, I’m late to this as I’ve been away riding and working. We need people like you, Simon….So make sure you get better

All the very best Billyboy

samuri
    Free Member

good news that you’re getting better Simon.

Gary_C

An update on fb from a friend who visited him:

Really pleased to say that Simon was really well today. I had seen him on Sat and the improvement in the few days is fantastic. Nurses said that he may be moving from the unit he is in to another, possibly in Lancaster soon. He seems to be heading in the right direction. Really good to see him today.

ton

good to hear you are getting better Simon.

thepurist

Looking forward to him posting about why we were all wrong to comment on this thread. Keep going fella.

P20

Sounds good. Cheers for the update

Pigface
    Free Member

Thanks for update

Anna-B
    Free Member

Good to hear, appreciate updates.

crazy-legs

Latest from his son is that Simon is off the sedation and more or less completely awake, able to understand things and respond. He’s still quite weak though so currently nil by mouth.

They seem hopeful that they can move him to Lancaster Hospital next week (much nearer his home).

wwaswas

Good to hear he’s making steady progress.

I visited Simon this afternoon and was pleased to see that he’s clearly making good progress physically, although he was clearly frustrated at still being nil by mouth (tried eating several times but causes him to cough severely).

He’s hoping to be moved to Lancaster tomorrow, after a camera procedure to check on his vocal chords as he’s finding it painful to talk loudly at present. He referred to the nurse who operates the throat camera as ‘the evil camera wielding woman’! The irony of SFB being harassed by a woman with a camera wasn’t lost on any of us 😀

Simon is aware of this thread, although he’s not in a position to read it at present, and showed great gratitude for all the get well soon wishes etc. He even had a typical cheeky grin at the mention of the ‘we never saw eye to eye but I wish you well’ type comments!

MarkN
    Free Member

This is great news. I can not remember such a great start on a Monday morning.

Pigface
    Free Member

Excellent news

hora
    Free Member

Bloody fantastic news

matt_outandabout

Great news.

LoveTubs
    Free Member

Good effort, been reading through the tread this evening. Glad he’s on the mend. Big well done to everyone involved.

PS: Was there a bit on ‘Early warning signs’?
    Thx

ton

good news indeed. once you are well barnes, I might drag you round a invalids route in grizedale……… 😀

hitman
    Free Member

great news

nbt

Thanks for the update John. Looking forward to the point where SImon is able to read this and contribute himself

Viewing 40 posts - 321 through 360 (of 538 total)

The topic ‘Man down :-(’ is closed to new replies.