• This topic has 154 replies, 34 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by jond.
Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 155 total)
  • Lumicycle Halogen > LED Kit Vote
  • foxyrider
    Free Member

Calling BlackCatTech!!!! – Any more news on the Lumican Driver you are working on – Getting darker 😉 Tried to email you but your obviously snowed under of fed up of people like me emailing you 😉

incognito
    Free Member

Trouty, I’ve e-mailed you for a price on you doing the upgrade. Unless it involves a hammer, I’m probably best to leave it to someone who knows what they’re doing. 😛

pdw
    Free Member

I see you’ve used a resistor to give a low power mode, what rating is it? I can’t quite make out the colours of the two dark bands.

According to the docs for the Black Cat driver, there’s an internal 200k pull-up so, this should give half power. I only had it running very briefly (I’d managed to damage the LED board and am still waiting for a replacement) but it seemed to give more than half brightness, so you might want to experiment with a lower value if you want something significantly dimmer than full power.

Bullet

Know b*gger all about LED’s – can this kind of conversion be done on old Cateye ABS 25’s?

unklebuck
    Free Member

Hi Trout,

YGM

Mugboo

Trout

I have an old set of Fireball cans that look like the Lumi’s. Have you any experience with these? Wondered if your led’s would fit?

Speshpaul

Anyone heard from BCT, pretty keen to get this sorted
    Cheers
    paul

foxyrider
    Free Member

I have emailed him 3 or 4 times and nothing so don’t hold ya breath.

Speshpaul

Bo who:-(

PaulB
    Free Member

I am still waiting for a reply too. Also waiting for a reply from Trout about two lights.

Paul

Simonpieman
    Free Member

i am in for this if the kit can be fitted with no soldering and just mechinaically fitted and gives a good output for 3 hr batt on an old pro batery.

message me if you have a product.

Speshpaul

Time to pop this one BTTT
    Cheers
    Paul

Speshpaul

Anyone heard from BCT?

foxyrider
    Free Member

Nope or Troutie 🙁 Given up 🙁

trout
    Free Member

Sorry fellas been a tad busy just lately as has BCT .

My heatsinks have been delayed at the machineshop as they are to them low priority
    but I am hoping they will be done very soon .

I am doing the odd one on my lathe time permitting but time seems to ba at a premium with the missus press ganging me into decorating 😥

foxyrider
    Free Member

Thanks for the update Troutie. Please would you put me on your list for a buyer – impatient as always, FXR 🙂

Speshpaul

Fair enough Troutie, but we are not getting much response from BCT about the drivers. 6 weeks and the nights start drawing out again;-)

stumpy01

Just to pipe up here to show I’m still interested…..

I did wonder what the progress was with the combined driver/heatsink kits, in terms of when they’ll be available & what output they’ll be.

I was going to order some of the normal 670mA drivers from eBay over the weekend, but I really want something with a bit more oomph.

incognito
    Free Member

I keep checking this thread too. 😛

PaulB
    Free Member

Thanks for the update Trout. I sent a mail from your website too. I would like 2 wide XPG’s modules please when they are available. If you have 2 spare narrows XPE’s at the time and funds are right I will have those as well. Just need to know which drivers from BCT to get for the NiMH’s.
    Cheers

Paul.

Speshpaul

Lumicycle Halogen Can Heatsink

This is the link to BCT’s heat sink details from the old Lumi can thread.
    Cheers
    Paul

incognito
    Free Member

bah, I thought we might have an update.

do we have a ball park figure as to when these drop in jobbies may be available? Is it likely to be in the next week/month/before xmas? My lights are very tired and I’m holding out before I make a decision on what I do.

not trying to hassle I’d just need to get an idea please. 😛

stumpy01

From the other Lumi DIY thread, I think that BCT is waiting on finding someone to machine up the heatsinks….he posted a link to what he needs over there.

I am able to get the odd sneaky job done, but not any great quantities and not at the moment as they are flat-out with other stuff.

trout
    Free Member

heat sinks just been delivered .

I have only a few led boards left all with XPEs on so a spot beam .
    until some more come in in a week

Speshpaul

That looks good mate.
    Could you do a idiots guy to connecting these to a Driver please.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

So are we any nearer having a kit then?. I hope You and BCT are making some cash out of this, Trout, after the amount of free advice you folks have dished out on here over the last year.

bruneep

troutie

Looking good I will defo have kit if doing one.

incognito
    Free Member

looking good 😉

I would need a drop in (minimal work) jobby in the flood option. I’m getting all excited. 😛

PaulB
    Free Member

TROUT,

SENT YOU A MESSAGE ON YOUR WEBSITE CONTACT LINK.

Cheers

Paul

Curly68
    Free Member

Looking good there! Still want a kit for me please.

soprendo
    Free Member

all good for me too – Troutie, put me down for a kit as well when available. cheers

PaulB
    Free Member

I would like to thank Foxyrider for starting this thread, and Trout & Blackcattech for supplying the goods. Thats because, I now have two xpe powered cans, they blow my 20w mids out of the water, it’s not worth mentioning the 12w spots.

Thanks guys, I look forward to getting the XPG’s when they arrive.

Paul.

incognito
    Free Member

Any more news? 😛

trout
    Free Member

Seems someone bought all Cutters remaining XPG stock 😳

I have a few of the triple modules that Paulb used with XPEs in they give a nice spot beam
    also have some more of the triple LEDs on the way. but again with XPEs on board.

Probably won’t be any with XPGs on this side of the new year

foxyrider
    Free Member

Oh Bum 🙁

As I have said before I am up for a twin XPG kit when/if you have one Troutie 🙂 Could you reserve me 2 heat sinks for when you get the XPG’s in 🙂

P.S. Thanks Troutie for keeping us updated 🙂

incognito
    Free Member

Okay, no problem. How much for a drop in (I.e. Any numpty can do it) unit using the xpe LEDs? I don’t mind waiting on the flood and getting a spot first if that’s possible.

Ta very much 🙂

incognito
    Free Member

are the spots not available either?

RustyMac

Hi Foxyrider, Trout and BCT,

I am new to this thread but would be interested in getting hold of 2 kits if they are being sold as kits, one spot one flood so i guess that is one with XPEs and one with XPGs, I realise there is a holdup with the XPGs and can sympathise with trout’s demands of his real business however even if i can get the stuff in the new year that would be great.

I don’t know the best way to go about contacting Trout or BCT or if i should put my request to Foxyrider if someone can advise that would be good.

Thanks

Rusty

PaulB
    Free Member

Rusty Mac

Trout – click on his name at the top of the post and it will take you through to his website and use the contact link.

BCT – I think you can do the same or type blackcat tech ebay and google should find his shop on fleabay, order and they will arrive very promptly.

PaulB.

foxyrider
    Free Member

YGM Rusty Mac – As PaulB said mail troutie / BCT and put in your request 🙂

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 155 total)

The topic ‘Lumicycle Halogen > LED Kit Vote’ is closed to new replies.