Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • low price stylish trail glasses with clear lenses – recommendations?
  • benzi
    Free Member

I’m looking for a set of glasses that are stylish, I have a bigger head.
    That are cool, but clear lenses and not break the bank as I will lose them anyway …below £50? even below £40 ?

nickdavies

Biggish head here and I use http://www.merlincycles.com/uvex-flash-cycling-glasses-69679.html

Not sure how stylish they are but it’s not something I worry about…

d45yth
    Free Member

I had a set of Tifosi’s that I much preferred over my Oakley’s. They fit and looked better, plus came with 3 lenses for about £30. Not sure on the model, but they were similar to Oakley Half-Jackets.
    If you have a look around Mabie forest you might even find mine!

timba
    Free Member

Try safety glasses. There are some decent looking ones out there for <£10
    e.g. Google bolle safety glasses and look at the images, and they’re usually class 1 optics

Rorschach
    Free Member

About £6 from your builders merchants

core

What he ^ said!

ahwiles
    Free Member

i use bolle bandidos.

yellow, or ‘smoke’.

£4 from ebay.

jekkyl

style is very important when you’re hammering down the trail and your face is covered in mud spatters.

davieg
    Free Member

Got a set of these in yellow and clear lenses. I prefer them to my Endura Spectrals and at £4.99, no tears or worries about damaging them.

http://www.decathlon.co.uk/arenberg-cycling-sunglasses-category-1-yellow-id_8118519.html

theotherjonv

Yes, Bolle.

Don’t like the framelessness of Bandidos myself, prefer the Contour myself (bottom left of the image above).

http://www.safety4eyes.co.uk/32553_-Safety-Glasses.html

Quite fancy a pair of Galaxy too – with little leds on the temples. Would be good for nighttime puncture fixing, saving the helmet light, plus you could pretend you’re in Orbital!

slowclimb
    Free Member

I’m with davieq – Decathlon cheapies all the way! I’ve bought each lens type. I’ve got a few pairs of Oakleys and I now wear the Decathlons more. And at £5 I wouldnt be bothered if I lost them, broke them etc

jekkyl

loving the moody picture there:

spud-face

Rorschach +1

The glasses in the bottom right of the picture are flavour of the month at work at the mo – if they had changeable lenses I’d accidentally break my lidl specials in an instant.

porter_jamie

BOC keep the Bolle glasses in stock and there is bound to be a branch near you, i normally buy 3 or 4 pairs a time. they are so much more comfortable than the cheapo safety glasses and i wear mine in the workshop for machining and also on the mtb, and if i drop them and run over them i dont care its only a couple of quid.

they do clear, and slightly tinted too.

philb88
    Free Member

Just ordered some clear Bolle Silium ones, and the ESP lensed contours!

Both pairs £12, worth a gamble

Northwind

I’ve always used Bolle safety glasses tbh, I don’t know if they’re stylish but they’re definitely better looking than most of the monstrosities cyclists wear. Jawbones ffs!

But just lately I got some Decathlon ones, I think it’s the Arenbergs I’m using just now, they’re really good. They do some well priced photocromatic ones too.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘low price stylish trail glasses with clear lenses – recommendations?’ is closed to new replies.