Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 56 total)
  • Loving it or hating it – the weather that is?
  • Smee
    Free Member

So who is living the challenge of trying to ride in these conditions and who needs a healthy does of mtfu? I'm loving it.

PJ266
    Free Member

Its too cold.

Tracey

Bottled out for the holidays

Tracey

andrewh
    Free Member

Loving it. It's about the only time the flatlands of Lincolnshire become any fun to ride. Been out every day, even when we had 5 inches. Tioga Factory XC Superlights 1.8", fantastic road tyres!
    If we have to have a winter lets have a proper one, beats three degrees and drizzle any day.

mojo5pro
    Free Member

Yep,been out today for first time in the snow. Really enjoyed it for a change. But, having said that, wouldn't want all the time.
    Oh, and very impressed with minion tyres in snow/ice/slush

whosthedaddy
    Free Member

Been out on the road G more than the trails.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Don't mind driving out to the woods to play in the cold but my local stuff involves a lot of paths and roads to link things up and at the moment it is decidedly dodgy under foot.

Nickquinn293
    Free Member

loving it – nothing worse than a wet, mild winter.

ton

loving it……..tried to ride at kirroughtree yesterday and failed.
    so took the dog for a 3 hr walk in the forest……….on the bike trails……..and did not see any bikers 8)

tjr666
    Free Member

HATING IT. Don't mind the snow so much, but this bloody ice is deadly, even just walking down to the shops is touch and go!

rich-6
    Free Member

Not enjoying it, Want to ride my bike but dont want to break my neck, Instead of going out i've been buying presents for it 😆

Smee
    Free Member

whosthedaddy – not turning into a closet roadie are you? Slippery slope that one – next you'll be getting your legs waxed.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

All the snow & ice (except for the final remains of the snowman) have gone from here. We have mud again. Snow was better (although commuting on the Brompton was dodgy on the ice as the bruise on my arse & knee testify!)

whosthedaddy
    Free Member

LOL !!!! G you never know mate for next Year, although I think i'll keep all my body hair for the puffer for warmth at the 'mo 😉

Smee
    Free Member

I am going out for some puffer training at Inners tomorrow evening – you should join us. 😀

Or are you not man enough?

Tracey

We will be in the Tontine tomorrow evening relaxing

Tracey

Jamie
    Free Member

My driving test got cancelled because of the weather, which really pissed me off. Apart from that not fussed really.

coastkid
    Free Member

lovin it,cause i bought a crap frame and silly wheels 😉
    no really colder the better for me…,this still feels mild from when i was in iceland for a weeks motorbiking..,windgusts of -28!!..,should be like this every winter,bah to gritters and slushy roads..,wish now i also had spikes for the other bike now its ice…

Swayndo
    Free Member

Reckon I'll need to get the fat suit on when I return to work. Pushed and ground my bike around the (small) wood once today in deep crusted snow. Don't think I'll get out riding proper once during more than 2 weeks of holidays.

carlos
    Free Member

Loving it. Although sometimes it can be deadly

DrT
    Free Member

Absolutely loving it just now. Although Im lucky enough to have some good snow/ice riding from my front door so dont have to travel far to enjoy it. Things were decidedly sketchy with the ice today but good fun all the same.

I dont think the same could be said for the person whose dog went through the ice at Threipmuir today though. I didnt hang around to find out the outcome as em. services were in attendance. Hope it all worked out OK.

Trekster

Been too busy working and being with kids & grandkids recently.
    Hope to get out tomorrow but I am night shift again so ❗
    Need to swap to flats and hiking boots.
    -7 when I left work @ 6am this morning 😕

iainc

loving the weather conditions – ice and snow is great, but to answer original question – I haven't ridden since Wed night…it was colder then than now, but the snow was fresh, rather than the icey, frozen rutted version that is now prevailing – no way can I ride for fun in that unfortunately….

currently -6.7 outside, superb 😆

craig1975
    Free Member

I had a grate ride at Ae last weekend in the snow… but every thing up here has turned into compacted sheet ice now…. its a disaster.. canie wait for it to thaw oot…

mrmo
    Free Member

snow fine, mud not to bad, now ice, i can't stand the sheet ice that has been around recently. At least it has melted, at least till tomorrow.

MartinS-P
    Free Member

Winter is for ice climbing and mountains on two legs and skis, the bikes are cooling off in the garage – so yes I'm lovin this cold spell – about time we had a decent winter. Temps been -3 to -14 in Scottish Highlands!

BobaFatt
    Free Member

getting sick of wheel spinning the car trying to get out of my street, haven't been out riding as i'm liable to break my crazy neck

samuri
    Free Member

It's bothering me to be honest. Don't know what the snow is like round your way but round ours it's either sheet ice for miles on end or snow that is crispy on top and slush underneath which the bike keeps breaking through and getting bogged down. It's impossible to ride on either. I've tried quite a few times now and end up getting frustrated at either ending up on my arse or pedalling the front wheel into mush that forces it sideways.

I'd love some real heavy snow to sort things out but I doubt it's going to happen now.

joemetcalfm
    Free Member

drove for nearly 4 hours to get to glentress. so much snow it was just silly. the upper card park had about a foot and a half. should have taken my snowboard. melt dam it.

epo-aholic
    Free Member

hate it, fookin' hate it! 😥

druidh
    Free Member

Loving it. I don't care if I can ride in it or not – there are other things in life worth enjoying. I celebrate in the fact that we have proper seasons as each brings its own rewards. Another reason I love this country so much.

miaowing_kat
    Free Member

Hating it. More to do with the fact that I've done no proper exercise for the past week and it's driving my legs crazy! Also my poor dad has come over from Hong Kong (where it's 18°C), so he's not all that happy 🙂

juiced
    Free Member

loving the frost of the last few days. Snow was fun too. Didn't like the 1 inch ice that followed though.

MrOvershoot

Umm its just quite damp & slightly cool here on the Wirral, much like every winter.

Snow? No we don't get that round here!

uponthedowns
    Free Member

So who is living the challenge of trying to ride in these conditions

Yes it was a real challenge yesterday. Out on the road for a pleasant 50 km. Bit blowy on the Marlborough Downs but I MTFUed and got back home in time for bacon butties.

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

Personally I'm getting p*****d off. I'm still snowbound. Nobody's been out of the house since last Wed night. The snow is still 10 inches deep. Just now its frozen so we cant even have a snowball fight. My bikes are 200 miles plus ferry ride away. The nearest road is an ice rink on a hill. Our relatives have the runs for a week and really should be in hospital. The booze is running out. HELP!

On the plus side there is a great community spirit. And children are amazed that this used to happen and people had to adapt.

Northwind

Loved it at first but I'm losing interest now. Having to take the mtb to work again tomorrow because my motorbike's out of the question, which is a pain. The cold's fine, even the snow, slush and ice can be entertaining but right now it's just extremely hard to ride anywhere.

andrewh
    Free Member

Where are you Coulda?

devs
    Free Member

Love it. Not been able to get much done on the sheet ice and breakable crust that we've had but I've still given it a go for a few miles on the SS. Tonight we had new snow and the old stuff can just about take your weight without you going through. Had a blast on some untouched downhills. Will be out again tomorrow.

italspark
    Free Member

got the best of both here in east lothian 4" snow on the hills and frozen sand on the beaches……sorted

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 56 total)

The topic ‘Loving it or hating it – the weather that is?’ is closed to new replies.