Viewing 30 posts - 81 through 110 (of 110 total)
  • Lost weight on a hybrid iDave plan, happy:)
  • iDave
    Free Member

No, I’m not in Harrogate

Many of ‘these lot’ have tried to hang me several times….

whytetrash

Cheers Bimbler…just a bit scared of dropping the bread cos it’s easy and quick to calculate carb content and my insulin ratios with it…Mrs is a coeliac too so Idaves diet could suit us both

Dave I was/am Justin lived with big Si Hotchkin probably riding a bright yellow Alpinestars Al Mega DX last time we met…been type 1 diabetic 2 yrs in Jan so really interested in all this but active in job and ride & run a fair bit so unsure how diet works if active everyday…hypos suck

Solo
    Free Member

Yoshi and others.

Well done on your efforts !.

It’s not really ‘each to his own’ though is it? It’s not a matter of faith. There is science involved, and therefore there is a wrong and a right. There are certainly many ‘rights’ though – this coupled with the fact that people can make a lot of money out of convincing you that their solution is a better ‘right’ (except not iDave) we are right to be sceptical and seek scientific answers I think.

Some good stuff there, imo.
    However, there is one right surely ?.

Which is to eat the things your body has evolved to use and make the most of.
    Sadly, I think that message has been lost, and there is now a huge number of people who really don’t think in these terms.

I do not do pulses or legumes anymore.
    I also do not go back to sugar and such, once a week.
    I still like a beer now and then, but have wound that back.
    Instead, I drink red wine and not loads.

Reading some of the comments that pop up on these threads, I do wonder about myself.
    I do not have lows from lack of eating sugary stuff.
    I do not crave or need extra or sugary foods when I ride.
    Sunday, I got up, had a few walnut halves (like 3 or 4), drank some water, then prep’d and popped out on the bike for a muddy back road 35 miler.
    Got back, felt fine, made lunch.
    Most of the ride was at around 70 Max HR or less, cept for sprints when I’m playing and reaching 90 – 95 percent HR.
    Then I recover while I just keep spinin.

Ime, it took me 3-4 weeks for my body to adjust and to naturally select fat as its primary fuel for low to moderate intensity exercise.
    Since achieving that, I would not mess with the system by having a sugar fest every 7-10 days.
    I beleive that now, my body fuels itself primarily on fat, but will switch to the carbs when I enagage high intensity exercise.
    Yes, there are carbs in my system as I am not following a NO carb diet.

As above. I’m not on a NO or LOW carb diet.
    Its a SLOW carb diet, ie, the carbs consumed do not provoke an insulin response.

Phew !.
    😉

philconsequence
    Free Member

i like reading your posts on the diet threads solo 🙂

phil.w
    Free Member

Well are you familia with the stone soup story? It’s about a con artist.

Really? I thought the common theme in the various versions of the story was about cooperation and working together.

Maybe there’s a different parable?

philconsequence
    Free Member

what happened to the good old days when you could get yourself a tapeworm, loose a shed load of weight and continue eating hearty feasts surrounded by women with overflowing breasts. then once you reach your desired weight you caox it out your bottom with a mars bar on a mouse-trap and slowly pull it out (remember.. SLOW, you dont want half a tapeworm left inside)?

brassneck

Any opinions on how Quorn or soya/TVP type things measure up on the iDave scale?

Kayak, what were you using as your protein sources as a veggie, just beans and eggs?

{I already eat plenty of beans, nuts etc. but all this talk of sausages with egg for breakfast…. I see it as the biggest challenge, boiled egss want toast, poached eggs want toast etc.}

Solo
    Free Member

i like reading your posts on the diet threads solo

Yeah, I was wincing while constructing that post, for its length.

Some of my posts do get a bit long.
    Apologies to all.

molgrips
    Free Member

Blimey you guys are really against this company arn’t you!

No, just pro science, that’s all 🙂

Stone soup – I heard it called nail soup, and the version I heard goes as follows:

Bloke turns up at house, asking for food. Woman says no, bugger off. Bloke says ‘oh well then can I use your kitchen to make myself some stone soup?’. Woman, intrigued says ‘ok’ so he sets about boiling water with his stone in it. He tastes it and says ‘oh fabulous, but to make it perfect it could really use some salt’ which she gives him thinking it’s only a bit of salt. He then says ‘ooh that’s delicious, but maybe a bit of pepper’ then it’s potatoes, carrots, beans, meat, stock, cream, you name it, then they both eat it. But he’s still managed to CON the woman out of a meal she didn’t want to give him by making it all sound brilliant and she thinks it’s still nail soup.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

i like reading your posts on the diet threads solo

I don’t read them, I just look at them. Look at it again… it looks like a poem.

hrcmonty
    Free Member

Im confussed, If your Pro Science, then you should singing from the roof tops about Herbalife, It’s science knowledge comes mainly from a Nobel Prize winner, that sits of the advisory board! How scientific do you want! http://www.herbalifescience.com/advisory-board/louis-iganarro

Solo
    Free Member

Look at it again… it looks like a poem.

Poem, Eh ?.

I don’t read them, I just look at them.

Text book example of how to make someone feel properly insignificant.
    🙁

hrcmonty
    Free Member

HAHA Hay Solo, it does look like a poem,

But it also makes for good reading.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

But I love looking at them. Out of all the posts I look at, they’re my favourite… ‘cept when you put pictures of catz in them.

TBH – any post over about 3 sentances long, I get bored and lose interest.

I’m too bored to even finish writing this one.

Solo
    Free Member

Im confussed, If your Pro Science, then you should singing from the roof tops about Herbalife, It’s science knowledge comes mainly from a Nobel Prize winner, that sits of the advisory board! How scientific do you want!

Would you kindly F/O !.

My ancestors didn’t live, thrive and survive on **** powders and shakes !!!.

My body is a temple to real food.
    you know, the stuff man evloved on.
    Stuff you can pick, or kill.

How about that for a poem !.

AndyP
    Free Member

what happened to the good old days when you could get yourself a tapeworm, loose a shed load of weight and continue eating hearty feasts surrounded by women with overflowing breasts. then once you reach your desired weight you caox it out your bottom with a mars bar on a mouse-trap and slowly pull it out (remember.. SLOW, you dont want half a tapeworm left inside)?
    Do you do a factsheet?

If your Pro Science, then you should singing from the roof tops about Herbalife
    not wishing to draw a direct comparison, but that’s like saying that if you’re pro science you should be a huge fan of eminent scientists such as Josef Mengele…

scruff
    Free Member

Packed lunches-
    meat, butterbeans / egg & salad, dressing like olive oil, balsamic, lemon juice or reggae reggae. If I havent got packed lunch I get hummus from Asda, nice flavoury ones and some prepacked flavoured chicken.

I’ve pretty much cut out bread and pasta. I miss cheese a lot.

theyEye
    Free Member

I’ve been keeping to the iDave diet for the last two months or so — have lost weight, and feel good.

Breakfast was the biggest problem, compounded by the fact that I really hate life in the morning. Used to having cereal and milk for as long as I can remember — easy, tasty, not much to go wrong. After getting on iDave tried all different things, nothing seemed to hit the spot, until nuts. Mostly peanuts. Just a bowl, roasted in their shells. Works well for me.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

My body is a temple to real food.
    you know, the stuff man evloved on.
    Stuff you can pick, or kill.

I actually read that poem too… it’s a good un.

molgrips
    Free Member

We actually evolved to eat a veyr wide variety of foods – in other words, to be flexible.

So the palaeo principle seems of limited value to me.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

So, does that mean my pint of milk and peanutbutter and jam baguette were ok?

molgrips
    Free Member

Depends – are you fat?

miketually
    Free Member

Im confussed, If your Pro Science, then you should singing from the roof tops about Herbalife, It’s science knowledge comes mainly from a Nobel Prize winner, that sits of the advisory board! How scientific do you want!

He’s a leading expert on one chemical.

Scientists worked for the cigarette companies. A doctor looked after Michael Jackson.

A neoroscientist is curently making lots of claims about the impact of the internet and computer games on development and behaviour, but won’t publish her research in a peer reviewed journal.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Depends – are you fat?

Don’t think so, still I’m going to get down to 11 3/4 stone as soon as I can train properly again.

wors

Well Done Danny.

kayak23

Kayak, what were you using as your protein sources as a veggie, just beans and eggs?

Beans, eggs, lentils, nuts and that..

Stoner
    Free Member

Coincidentally Stoner Jr’s bedtime book from school last night was…..Stone Soup by Tony Ross. 🙂

Sounds very nutritious actually…

martymac

bedmaker

I fell for herbalife for about 3 months 8 or 9 years ago. It was going to make me rich, thin and generally wonderful.

After using it myself, there was no way I could sell it to anyone unless I really didn’t like them……

It made me very very hungry and a bit poorer both financially and in energy reserves

donsimon
    Free Member

Where can I sign up for the Herbalife diet? It seems quite clear to me that there can be no substance or value in anything that is as free as the iDave diet and that I’m clearly going to receive something tangible and useful from Herbalife. That’s the way forward…

Viewing 30 posts - 81 through 110 (of 110 total)

The topic ‘Lost weight on a hybrid iDave plan, happy:)’ is closed to new replies.