Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Loose Reba compression adjuster
  • Humbert

I'm wondering if anyone can advise on a problem with my 2006 RockShox Rebas. The compression adjuster has become very loose and I can't figure out how to tighten it up. I'm a bit nervous about messing with the fork when I don't really know what I'm doing – specially as it still works ok.
    TIA for any pointers.

Bagstard
    Free Member

If it's anything like my lyriks or Boxxers there are two tiny allen bolts recessed on the side of the adjuster. Around 1.5mm I think.

Humbert

Thanks – can't find anything like that on the Rebas, but I'm not too worried cos they're working just fine.

13thfloormonk

Is it a plastic or metal adjuster?

On all my rebas the adjuster is held on by a circlip, if its loose then perhaps the adjuster is cracked (i've seen the plastic ones do this) or maybe the white plastic washer beneath it has degraded (its a sort of saucer shaped washer that pushes the adjuster against the circlip, if its flattened then maybe its not pushing up enough).

a spares kit with the metal adjuster costs a tenner, i might have some spare bits lying around, i'll check later.

Humbert

Thanks. It's plastic. I can't see any cracks. So do you just lever the adjuster off to check the washer?

13thfloormonk

No, the adjuster is held on with a circlip, which is a little C-shaped washer which you would prise off first. Be careful though because they 'ping' off quite easily and can get lost (easy to replace).

Once you've taken the circlip off then the adjuster just slides off the top of the fork, revealing the plastic washer/rubber o-ring beneath.

I might have misunderstood your problem, is the adjuster loose in that it spins very easily, or is it loose in that it wobbles about?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Loose Reba compression adjuster’ is closed to new replies.