Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Looking for a really small frame for 26" wheels
  • terrahawk
    Free Member

Eldest daughter likes the look of the Islabikes in her size with 26″ wheels.
    Shame you can’t get a frame only cos I’ve got a shitload of 26″ wheels, tyres and other stuff.

Is there a more readily-available frame in a comparable size…ie, small enough for a kid 10 ish years old?

blairc70
    Free Member

Specialized Hardrock XS has a really low stand over height, my 9 year lad is riding round on one with all my old brakes, wheels, forks etc, just got some shorter cranks. Set it up 10 speed with a 30T on front. Got mine off eBay and he even help build it up ( well kind of )

matt_outandabout

Hardrock, even better in women’s version with shorter TT.
    13.5″ Trek are also great, even shorter again.

mick_r

I could make you one but with current progress on my wife’s CX your daughter would probably fit a 29er by the time I finish……

https://picasaweb.google.com/101380098662650328614/JakeSFramebuild?authuser=0&authkey=Gv1sRgCKOCq7fpkOOV1gE&feat=directlink

Will be at most of the NWCX races if she wants a spin – I’ll lend you the plans if you fancy a bit of metalwork 🙂

Mick (from the Mr Sparkle Sunday rides).

Stevet1
    Free Member

What about a Dartmoor two6player? Listed as a DJ frame but its not far off being a normal angled / sized small 26″ frame.
    Or just wait and see what mamadirt is selling next.

br
    Free Member

I’ve an aluminium Identiti Dr Jekyll which was used for exactly that, although I initially ran it with 24″ wheels when my son was smaller.

About 12″, but long, so with 26″ wheels did him until he was 16.

Available if you are interested – eip

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I bought my Ms a dialled holeshot, she never uses it, but did remark that it’s a much nicer ride than her BSO.

Stevet1
    Free Member

And you have a nice jump bike so its win-win.

alanf
    Free Member

I picked up a cube frame from bike discount in 13 or 14″ for junior.
    It’s a great frame and I know a few others from here picked them up too as they were a bargain.
    I’m not sure if they’ll still have any but worth a look.
    EDIT: doesn’t look like they have any small frames left – they have some very small 26″ full bikes though (XXS).

Mincer

I’ve just moved number 2 son up from a Beinn 26, but nabbed the wheels and brakes for the new bike. So I have the frame, forks gears etc sat in a box in the garage. Let me know if they are of any interest.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Looking for a really small frame for 26" wheels’ is closed to new replies.