Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Long Mynd Batch Burner 2013
  • shinsplints

Just got back from this event & I’d just like to say a big thanks to all involved.
    It’s a new event on the calendar & I think it’s going to become a regular one.
    Great course 48k of pain over the best trails the Mynd has to offer, well marshalled, good catering etc
    I think you could be onto something special here, thanks again.
    Anyone else go ?

wobbliscott
    Free Member

No but will be riding the Long Mynd in a few weeks time. Sound like some fantastic riding to be had. I read about this event last night so might have a go next year. How did you find it 48km sounds a long way off road, especially if the weather is anything like it has been here today.

shinsplints

I ride there quite often but it was still tough, that said I hadn’t really done much leading up to it. Weather as always on the Mynd is super changeable, sideways rain & headwinds most of the day.
    Finished 88/250.

stumpyjag
    Free Member

We had a great day and really enjoyed it. I dont think I have ever seen so many marshalls and the orgainsation was brilliant. Much bigger and more expensive events could learn alot and to top it all off it was all for the local school. All in a fantastic day, well done to everyone!!

jasonm945
    Free Member

Long time since I did any events but this was brill…
    Could even have the bike cleaned by kids afterwards for a small donation 😀
    Well done to everyone involved and thank you!

Jay

frogstomp

Excellent (if painful!) event! Great atmosphere and organisation, crushing climbs and some great descents.. shame the weather couldn’t hold off but in the end the rain/hail showers were fairly brief and the wind at the top was good encouragement to keep moving and get out of it!

See you next year!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Long Mynd Batch Burner 2013’ is closed to new replies.