Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • Long leg length MTB trousers
  • b33k34

(I refuse to call them ‘pants’)

Does anyone make any? I take a 35/36″ inside leg trouser and all the ones I’ve seen have been for shortarses.

lawman91

7Mesh’s new Thunder Pant has a super long inseam you can cut to length, I just got mine but having to send them back for a smaller size as they were so long, even if I’d cut them right down they’d be too long! A lot of cash, but worth it, the other kit I have from them is next level and actually lasts more than one winter unlike other brands.

steel4real
    Free Member

Chuff me! $300!!

But you’re right, they’ll fit.

I’ve recently bought some Endura spray trousers which were longer than anything else I’ve tried like Fox etc. at least 2″ longer and fit over knee pads but my legs aren’t as long as yours. Waist sizing is off, although true to their size chart, I’m a 32/M in all other brands but their medium is massive, had to get small but the leg length was just OK. If you fit their medium or larger they may just be OK?

intheborders
    Free Member

I tried a selection of trousers from Fox and Endura in a shop yesterday.

A combination of a medium waist and XL length suited me best…

somafunk

Showers Pass Skyline pants are very good, 20% off if you’re a full stw member, or the track pants are brill for general dossing around whether on bike or off.

benp1

I have some keela roadrunner troos

I found the 32l to be not long enough, but the 34l to be too long strangely, in a good way

I kept the 34l, they don’t ride up when I ride (combo of length and stretchiness). I’m 6’3 with a 34″ inside leg

b33k34

I don’t actually want anything that’s necessarily waterproof – the Fox range are even good value compared to their shorts but all seem to be <32″ inseam.

tallmart10

Just ordered some of those too, benp1, I am 6’4″ with 34 ” inside leg. Will report back when they arrive – sounds hopeful though !

fathomer

I’ve got a pair of Specialized Demo trousers and they’re a lot, lot longer than the Fox I tried and longer than my Nukeproofs.

Weather they’ll be long enough for you, no idea. I’m a shade under 6′, 32″ ish inside leg and have them in small.

tall_martin

I’ve gone for some Fox Racing Defend Fire Pants and some dhb this winter.

The fox were great yesterday in 10 degrees and wet mud. Dry and warm legs 🙂

The dhb turned up today and are super thin. However they were £20 on spots pursuit. Thy claim some water reistance. I’m doubtful now I’ve got them.

6″4 36 waist and 36 inside leg

Xl foxes they are a bit short
    Dhb in long 36 and they fit great

https://www.sportpursuit.com/catalog/product/view/id/1759194

dc1988

Hmm, my inside leg is about 37″ with a 34″ waist, still don’t think there are any decent options for me

tall_martin

@dc1988
    Where do you get normal trousers?

dc1988

Most high street shops cater for tall people (next do an XL leg for example) so I don’t struggle and jeans can be worn a little lower. For any technical clothing I always have issues with decent length given they need to be worn higher and drop a bit longer

wombat

@tall_martin

What’s your normal trouser size? Those DHB trousers on SP look good but I’m normally a 33/34 waist.

Need a 34″ leg length too

mudeverywhere
    Free Member

Gore are quite long. Way longer than Endura or Altura. I’ve got XL. I tried them on in the shop rather than looking at measurements. They do two fits, active fit which is a bit baggy but still plenty of waist adjustment and form fit which is same length but slimmer.

stevextc
    Free Member

You can get made to order custom sizes but takes 2 weeks.

tall_martin

@wombat

I’m a 36/ 36 normally. Some 34″ long fit, some don’t. Shopping for trousers is a pain. Normally I walk into shops, ask for 36″ leg and wander off as they don’t do any.

If the dhb were 2″ longer I’d still claim they fit me.

They are very thin

wombat
    stavaigan
    Free Member

Don’t know about trousers but I salute your non pants nomenclature stance.

stevextc
    Free Member

@dc1988

Hmm, my inside leg is about 37″ with a 34″ waist, still don’t think there are any decent options for me

£80 at Filthy rides you can have made to measure. (10% off if you use my kids discount code as well but up to you)

I got the opposite problem … 29″ inside leg and 30″ waist but I’m 5’10 (and a half) so MX trousers are OK for me as they are shorter to go into MX boots.

wombat

Appreciate they’re more commuter than offroad Gnarr but has anyone tried a pair of the Ridge Casual Cycle trousers from Halfords?

Ridge Trousers

I was given a Ridge l/s top for my birthday recently and am quite impressed with the quality and fit, especially given the price..

honourablegeorge

The Nukeproof Blacklines are reduced a lot in the CRC sale.

They’re light, strecthy, comfy – very much a “keep the mud off” rather than a waterproof, but I really like mine.

robertgray05
    Free Member

I’m a 32 waist, 34 leg in chinos (6ft2 and skinny)

Just got the Endura MT500 Spray trousers (size M) and I’m delighted with them – first pair I’ve found with a decent leg length for me!

I did also try the Nukeproof Blackline in M, but it was flags at half mast. Light and stretchy and quiet, but not for the long of leg.

biglee1

I’ve given up about riding pants, it’s shorts for me and occasionally roady leg warmers. With jeans at 36″ waist and 38″ leg there’s nowt out there that will fit me and I’m not paying big money for mtm 😬😬🤔

wombat

Ok, I ordered a pair of the Ridge trousers I linked to to previously in a size Large (I’m usually a 33″ waist 34″ leg).

Plus Points
    -Good quality material,
    -Pretty stretchy and easy to move in,
    -Zipped pockets,
    -Cinch straps at the ankles,
    -Subtle reflective detailing,
    -Long length leg, fits a 34″ inseam about right

Minus points
    -Extremely snug around the hips, thighs and calves (almost tights rather than trousers),
    -Too tight to wear with padded undershorts/bibs,
    -Flappy round the ankles
    -Ankle straps to reduce flappyness don’t have long enough velcro so can’t cinch up the ankle enough to prevent flapping,

Sadly they’ll be getting returned which is a shame because the quality of the material and construction is pretty good and very good value for £25. If I went up a size to get more legroom they’d be far too big around the waist.

They’d be ideal for anyone with relatively small backside, skinny legs and wide ankles….

madmountainman
    Free Member

1.98m tall and struggling with the troos. I contacted Endura as they don’t list the inside leg measurement on their website and I also enquired about bespoke. They kindly got in touch with some detailed numbers on their Singletrack’s and MT500’s.
    If you require bespoke, it’s a minimum 5 item order, but their Singletrack’s are listed at 92.5cm in XXL so I ordered some. On arrival today, they measure 94cm and, due to being stretchy, don’t ride up your ankles when sat on the bike.Their 500’s aren’t listed as being as long, so watch out when ordering. They’re listed at 87cm in XXL.
    The ST’s fit nicely, neither too loose nor too tight and taper down to the ankles, avoiding that flappy, catch in your chainring, feature of normal outdoor trousers.

b33k34

@madmountainman interesting but what waist size are Xxl? I’m a 32” waist.

Maybe the answer is a group buy mtm

stcolin
    Free Member

Ah, the peril of having long legs. I have some Endura singletrack trousers in large. They’re about 2 inches too short at the bottom. I’m 6ft 1″ with a 35″ inseam.

It’s a problem with trousers in general. Go to NEXT or somewhere to buy suit trousers for work and they never have 34L for me. But tons of odd sizes that never seem to shift. You’d think manufacturers would notice the demand in certain sizes.

dc1988

Ah, the old assumption that you only get taller and wider. I did buy some Regatta walking trousers the other day in long leg and they’re really quite long, I might try to buy some of their trousers in a more mtb friendly material as I think they’re long enough to work.

madmountainman
    Free Member

XXL are listed as 42-44 inch waist. I’m 1.98m tall, a fit 107kg and usually go for a 38-40 waist fitting. I was going to order a pair in each size, but went with two in XXL and glad I did, as I would say they run small.
    XL are supposed to be 39-41 with a 90.5cm leg
    L are 36-38 with a 86cm leg
    M are 33-35 with a 84cm leg

If you’re roadie skinny, I would say they’re true to size, but if you’re around average/fit, size up, especially if you’re at the upper end of each waist range. The XXL’s have room for knee pads and protective shorts underneath.
    Interestingly, they were in the sun on my kitchen table when I got home today and measured them. Now it’s gone cold and dark, they’re measuring shorter at 89cm. I’m still happy with that, as they don’t ride up your ankles at all, due to the stretchiness, and i’m a 37″ inside leg.

Hope that info helps. Failing that, you could always try the aforementioned Filthy Rides.

b33k34

Missed the filthy rides check. Price seems keen – What are they like?

dc1988

I was just looking at them, not much info and seem very similar to a website called dirty rides. Still seems like quite a lot of money for an unknown brand.

b33k34

Filthy Rides – Although if they’re using decent fabrics and have worked out the cut then theres no reason they won’t be as good or better than any of the big brands. A bit odd that there is no ‘about us’ page – address, phone number or anything.

@stevextc
    – can you tell us more about them and give us the referral code?

endomick
    Free Member

Endura mt500 burner ll are a generous length, but they seem to be discontinued or they are working on a new version.

vmgscot

I used the Decathlon trousers mentioned often (both the AM and winter versions) and had the local seamstress add a 2 inch deep elastic cuff around the bottom of each leg (£10). Been great these past couple months and keeps the bottoms in place over the winter boots.

stevextc
    Free Member

@stevextc – can you tell us more about them and give us the referral code?

If you want custom then message Benn first … last I checked it was 2 weeks for custom sizing.
    I’ve been insanely busy for a couple of months … not even been out on the bike for a month !!!

https://filthyridesmtb.co.uk/collections/shorts (you can message on the site) or Facebook Benn Murray

I usually ride with Benn fairly often and the quality seems really good. (I’m actually going to get some myself)

and seem very similar to a website called dirty rides.

Not getting dragged in here but I understand Dirty Rides is a ripoff

A bit odd that there is no ‘about us’ page – address, phone number or anything.

Ummmm… the whole “facebook thing”…. by which I mean “we are our FB page” … I personally find strange and try and avoid FB but hey ho….

Talk/message Benn first that you want custom.. then you can order direct from the link in kiddo’s Intagram profile. https://www.instagram.com/olstermtb/

dessie72

I bought a pair of custom made trousers from DirtyRidesApparell recently, highly recommend them, great customer service, & respond quickly to any emails sent to them.

stevextc
    Free Member

bought a pair of custom made trousers from DirtyRides

Sorry, what I mean above (but suffering keyboard lag on STW) is that Dirty Rides was copied from Filthy (as I was told) not that the merch is a rip-off.

nedrapier

Don’t know about trousers but I salute your non pants nomenclature stance.

I’ve gone the other way, literally as I read this. Our good, solid, dependable British “pants” is short for underpants, so they’re going under the pants, presumably pantaloons. When those those dirty seppo’s say “pants” it short for the original pantaloons, worn on the outside. Have to admit the scoundrels are on the right side of linguistic history here.

So I’m going for “riding pantaloons” now, or pants said with a big “p” and a loud, short “a” with an image of a some big white y-fronts in my head.

greeny30
    Free Member

Never heard anyone say cargo trousers, always cargo pants, I only wear and refer to trousers to go with a shirt n tie, anything casual its pants.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)

The topic ‘Long leg length MTB trousers’ is closed to new replies.