Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • London to Brighton via (mostly) offroad?
  • psychle
    Free Member

Is it possible? Thinking I'd quite like to ride down there just for the hell of it (catching the train back) but would prefer to be mostly offroad… can it be done?

cheers 😀

atlaz
    Free Member

Get to Guildford and ride the downs link?

psychle
    Free Member

yep, just found the Downs link with a bit of googling (this is it right?)

How about from London to Guildford then?

nuke

BHF do a offroad charity ride from London to South Coast as per here…

http://www.bhf.org.uk/get_involved/take_part_in_our_events/event_finder/view_event.aspx?ps=1000465

psychle
    Free Member

Ah-ha, how about this to link it all up? 😀 Anyone fancy a long ride sometime soon?

psychle
    Free Member

That BHF route sounds like what I'm looking for… they use the South Downs link, but what do they use to join up to it from Richmond Park?

forlornhope
    Free Member

basically
    thames tow path to shepperton
    wey and arun canal to guilford.
    downslink from there.

psychle
    Free Member

what numpty is putting those tags up there? 😀

I reckon Panesar and Anderson will get a Knighthood out of that innings, seems to be the English way 🙄

atlaz
    Free Member

You could head from Richmond Park down to Kingston, over the bridge, along the tow-path to Hampton Court, over the river, more tow path to Weybridge. Looks like they go from Weybridge to Shere where I guess they head to the downs link from. Weybridge to Shere should at worst be on small roads and I'm sure there must be bridle-ways and footpaths to take.

hazeii
    Free Member

As above, BHF London to Brighton offroad bike ride in September; the route is indeed via Shere and the Downs Link (old railway line = flat) from Cranleigh. One cool note is the route appears to go across the big old runway at Wisley.

Info from Napalm and Max Darkin, who I hope won't mind it being repeated.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘London to Brighton via (mostly) offroad?’ is closed to new replies.