Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Logo Design
  • four
    Free Member

I’m looking for a new business logo and the graphic designer I used last time for a different project is no longer in the game.

I want the logo professionally designed – nothing elaborate or complicated, but it needs to look good rather than something that looks like it’s been knocked up on Paint in a bedroom.

Before I trawl round for quotes can anyone give me a ball park figure of what to expect price wise?

Yes I could get it done online with Fiver etc but I hate communicating with people that way and when I had a website built by someone this way it was a pain in the arse.

CountZero

Difficult to say without seeing some sort of draft idea, because designers, like most professionals, charge by the hour, and the time could vary according to complexity, and/or number of versions required for use in different circumstances, like print, online/web, colour, mono, use on transport, etc.
    It’s not a one-size fits all situation, or shouldn’t be, if the design is to function properly.
    It’s something I’ve done in the distant past, but I was never that creative, just good at finished artwork, and I’ve neither the time, nor inclination, to get involved again.

jamesmio
    Free Member

Usually anywhere between £90 and £300 at our place. Cost varience is dependant on whether it is *just* a logo, based on some supplied ideas or sketches, if you need all the associated brand stuff (fonts, colour swatches etc) and whether you want other stuff drawn up at the same time, like signage, stationary etc.

Some logo jobs take a couple of hours, the biggest we’ve done took weeks of back and forth (design by committee is a course) and ended up at about £1200. Could easily have halved that if we’d been left to get on witb the job mind 😉

four
    Free Member

Thanks chaps much appreciated.

seosamh77
    Free Member

£20k.

oldtennisshoes

I’ve used Fiverr a couple of times over the past year and been pleasantly surprised with the results. Be clear with your expectations and answer their questions on the submission form as fully as you can and you will get decent results. I think I paid about £20 each including some stationery templates in various formats.

darrenspink
    Free Member

Send you a PM four.

binners

eddiebaby
    Free Member

I know it has no relevance to the OP’s query but this very sweary clip just never gets old and only seems to get more accurate every day.

chakaping
    Free Member

Darrenspink does good logos and is very helpful (he did one for us at OpenMTB).

Out of interest, what would agency folk say is the ballpark for a full rebranding of an SME with logo design, brand positioning advice and other commonly used digital assets?

ambientcoast
    Free Member

@chapaking

As a reference point, the agency I freelance for charges my time out to their clients (generally larger, high end, high street names) at upwards of £1300 a day depending on job/client.

Ballpark for a job that size, I guess, is 2-3 days at that cost. Also factor in account/project management time.

I’m on the creative side but not a designer, however daily rates are roughly similar.

On the flip side, agencies that deal with SMEs will likely have lower daily rates.

TheDTs
    Free Member

All I can add to what has already been said is get all of the files from whoever you use, and keep them safe!
    The number of times we have had to digitise or redraw from scratch a company logo, as they can’t find the right file or identify the correct fonts.
    Please post back so you can get some constructive advice and critique, please!

mrjmt
    Free Member

Binners of stw fame did my wife’s logo, top job and friendly bloke.

chakaping
    Free Member

Ballpark for a job that size, I guess, is 2-3 days at that cost.

Cheers, we’re likely to need more like two to three weeks work (including a few meetings) – but at a lower daily rate (regional agencies, us being an SME).

Good to compare with the top-of-the-shop though.

derek_starship
    Free Member

Binner’s client here also. Did my company logo. Very reasonable rate.

four
    Free Member

Thanks for the input guys and also the PMs (all answered).

Had a look around and I’m now I’m working with a local graphic designer and she is producing some great stuff.

binners

Good stuff! Great to hear you’re using a local designer. Do let us see the results when you’re all sorted

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Logo Design’ is closed to new replies.