Viewing 40 posts - 3,281 through 3,320 (of 4,343 total)
  • Liz! Truss!
  • dangeourbrain
    Free Member

A three line whip on what is both a breaking of a manifesto promise…
    … Will be interesting to see if there’s a major revolt. Can remove the whip from everyone.

Wouldn’t that be awkward if you were trying to find a way to circumvent current rules regarding VoNC in the party leader whilst somehow trying to reinforce that you do have a mandate and are doing what was voted for last GE.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

You are a Tory backbench MP and I claim my £5 plus 10.1%

Pft, I’ll have you know I’ve held 17 cabinet positions since lunchtime, some of them concurrently.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Missed it live as I was riding my bike in the glorious sunshine on the army land south of Farnborough. Brilliant day and then get home to hear that Lovely Liz* has guaranteed the Triple Lock.
    As a pensioner living in Surrey I was delighted. Then I remembered who was guaranteeing it.
    I’m shafted aren’t I?
    Better keep my job going then…

* May be sarcasm.

crazy-legs

In PMQs, she said she was a fighter, not a quitter.
    Turns out that “fighting” can also include “fighting to get out of questions from broadcasters”…

binners

The fact that they’re calling a three line whip over an issue like fracking, that is an absolute irrelevance, shows not only total desperation, but how detached from the day to day reality of most people they are

kelvin

“I’m a hider, not a heavy hitter.”

Oh, fracking isn’t “an irrelevance”… it’s just not going to help our short term energy problem, yet could result in increasing long term carbon emissions… nothing to gain, everything to lose, except for some niche fossil fuel interests that happen to have their pet loons in government right now, and would like something from them.

dissonance

The fact that they’re calling a three line whip over an issue like fracking, that is an absolute irrelevance shows not only total desperation,

It is about the only policy remaining from the IEAs wishlist.
    William Wragg has just come out and said he will be voting with the government but only because otherwise he would lose the tory parties roles which allow him to try and get rid of Truss.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

William Wragg has just come out and said he will be voting with the government but only because otherwise he would lose the tory parties roles which allow him to try and get rid of Truss.

Well I suppose it’s one way to ensure 50% of your backbenchers can’t write those letters.

kelvin

’22 committee have gone for 33% apparently… so a third of Tory MPs sending letters in is likely to kick things off. Rumour is that they’re only single figures away from that already. There may be no point Truss answering any questions today…

dissonance

There may be no point Truss answering any questions today…

Thats true regardless.
    Anyone had a phone call from the tories offering them the job yet?

thepurist

Anyone had a phone call from the tories offering them the job yet?

Nah I won’t be on the list. I’m actually quite good(*) at what I do for a living so clearly I’m not qualified for government positions.

* well, at least competent, so let’s keep the bar low here

kelvin

A had a text saying I was eligible for a jab, I thought… let me get my reading glasses…

pk13

It appears she has gone missing again.
    Not going out later to a pre planned meeting

Poopscoop

Tory party members expressing their votes on Truss, some that voted for her, some that didn’t.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-politics-63313741

dander

Braverman gone.

pondo

Braverman gone.

The what, now? That would be awesome!

kelvin

All key ministers gone by the weekend?

🌪

Apart from Coffey of course.

gonefishin
    Free Member
    crazy-legs

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2022/oct/19/suella-braverman-departs-as-uk-home-secretary-liz-truss

Yep, rumours that Grant Shapps is now Home Sec.
    Constant revolving door this Government!

leffeboy

I wonder who the strings have been passed to to pull now.  It’s a mess

gonefishin
    Free Member

Clearly Jeremy Hunt is actually in charge.

franksinatra

This is good news. Amongst a cess pit of horror, Braverman stood out as being a truly terrible human being.

Cabinet ministers started jumping ship as soon as they realised Boris’s game was over. This is as clear a sign as any that Truss will be gone within the next few days. Only question is how many days.

binners

I wonder if Jeremy is going to sack all of Lizzies little minions?

Poopscoop

Regarding Braverman:

Sources claimed the move was at the behest of the new chancellor, Jeremy Hunt, who has taken over control of the government’s economic response following Truss’s disastrous mini-budget, but who they claimed was now “pulling the strings”.

What a bloody shower of sh*t. Glad she has gone though, great stuff!

martinhutch

A sinister cabal of tofu-eaters at the heart of government, it seems.

ernielynch

Amongst a cess pit of horror, Braverman stood out as being a truly terrible human being.

Perhaps she wants to spend more time focusing on her Buddhist meditation?

The ‘loving kindness’ aspect.

Poopscoop

martinhutch
    A sinister cabal of tofu-eaters at the heart of government, it seems.

Yep, the tofu-eaters front did for her!

john_l
    Free Member

Think she might now regret those words.

scotroutes

“Security”?

matt_outandabout

There may be no point Truss answering any questions today…

I interviewed three people for a part time Project and Finance Administrator role this morning. All three would do a much, much better job than the last couple of incumbents of the job.

frankconway

Dominos beginning to fall; others to surely folliw quickly.
    This, I think, is dissociating from current administration to position herself as leadership candidate offering a clean start.
    God help us.
    truss is finished.

scotroutes

This, I think, is dissociating from current administration to position herself as leadership candidate offering a clean start.

It doesn’t look voluntary.

crazy-legs

I wonder if Jeremy is going to sack all of Lizzies little minions?

I wonder if Jeremy is going to sack all of Liz zies little minions?

FTFY

kimbers

Braverman has always seemed to be way underquallified for whatever ministerial position she has held

It will be interesting to see what emails she sent from her private account that were serious enough to get her sacked

Thats 2 people sacked from government in a day

And they still havent sacked the one they really need to

ernielynch

I think Liz Truss has clarified what she meant by saying “I’m not a quitter”.

“I’m not a quitter….. my Cabinet Ministers are”.

ChrisL

crazy-legs Full Member
    Yep, rumours that Grant Shapps is now Home Sec.
    Constant revolving door this Government!

Could be worse? I was assuming that because the only way seems to be down when it comes to new home secretaries that Kemi Badenoch might be the new one.

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

@crazy-legs
    Presume he’s waiting until all the top trumps of Truss supporters have been removed.

dissonance

“Security”?

Sounds about right. Its a mix of Truss trying to get some job security and the fact it aint good for the security of the country to have a loon like Braverman in charge of the countries security.

TiRed

<Spitting Image> I have in my hand Suella’s letter of resignation; Dear Suella, be out of the building in 10 minutes. Or else! </Spitting image>

Grant Shapps is Home Secretary, does he get a new nom de plume to sell things on the side?

matt_outandabout

“Security”?

*raises eyebrow*

Viewing 40 posts - 3,281 through 3,320 (of 4,343 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.