Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)
  • Living with an e-bike – Part One
  • ayjaydoubleyou

2 x car stolen off drive last year, 1 burglary, 1 car jacking, 1 mugging over the years

holy crap thats the “nice” bit of Manchester?

julians
    Free Member

apparently it is – Bramhall. Not all those things happened in bramhall though, the car jacking was at chill factore near the trafford centre, and the mugging was on a bus from manchester to didsbury. The car thefts and burglary (two burglaries actually ) were all in bramhall.

julians
    Free Member

I also had a car written off when a joy rider crashed their stolen car into it while being chased by the police, plus other more minor crimes (bike theft from back garden), but I digress…….

When I write it all down I think I’ve had a pretty bad run of it, since I moved to manchester in 1996.

nickc

I’m Chorlton; last week the cops descended on a house round the corner from me as part of a drugs bust, and the same thing happened a few months ago on the street I live on…I don’t think its unusual for large cities TBH.

Sanny
    Free Member

To be fair to Manchester, in my street there have been seven cars from JLR stolen in the last nine months. Given that nothing says entitled ****t quite like a Range Rover, my sympathies are limited. If one was being kind, the scallies are probably doing folk a favour given how woeful the reliability of anything with a Jaguar or Land / Range Rover badge is. I had to laugh at the boss of JLR angrily proclaiming that his brand were not the most stolen in the UK.

Meanwhile, back on e bikes, any questions about the Pivot, please just ask.

Cheers

Sanny

nxgater

Whoa – you’re not seriously suggesting anyone deserves to have their car stolen? If so I’ll look forward to your being mugged for the 11 grand ebike you’re pedalling around. But seriously- I’m not sure I care much about the **** Pivot any longer.

Sanny
    Free Member

@nxgater

Apologies but my tongue was firmly in my cheek there. Clearly that did not come across. I will use a smiley next time to make that clear.

The comment about Range Rovers and Jaguars having woeful reliability reflects the dreadful experience several of my friends have had – blown engines, gearboxes tearing themselves apart, exhaust gas devices going phut, electrics failing, car dying on a dual carriageway leaving them stranded in the inside lane, blown turbo……all in new cars. A couple of them even joked they wished their cars had been stolen and were only half kidding. One mate had his car stolen, got it back only to have it stolen again a month later.

Cheers!😉

tomhoward

Whoa –

Indeed…

alpin
    Free Member

reality is that e-mtbs have very little to do – or not to do – with whether people also drive cars.

This I think only really the case of you’ve a cargo bike.

crossed

Given that nothing says entitled ****t quite like a Range Rover

And an £11,250 bicycle doesn’t?

zomg

And an £11,250 bicycle doesn’t?

At £11,250 it’s more like a bridleway-legal dirt bike.

At least there’s utility in an e-bike and there’s a fitness for purpose in an expensive e-mountain bike. A Range Rover has no utility that a Dacia doesn’t, except as a status symbol and wealth signifier.

Duggan

Good lord, I have a £1400 TCR and I wouldn’t even dream of riding it to the shops and I still wince if I’m out riding it in the rain.

bigrich

Its like buying a holiday house. Costs loads, Only really does one thing,  limits you to doing the same thing regularly to justify it.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

A Range Rover has no utility that a Dacia doesn’t, except as a status symbol and wealth signifier.

in your jealous opinion.  People buy nice cars because they can afford them and because they are better than a Dacia.

When Danny Hart bought his LR I bet he didn’t do it to show all the othe mountain bikers that he was richer than them

Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.