• This topic has 4 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 15 years ago by ton.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Like riding bikes a long way? Maybe a good book
  • miketually
    Free Member

Just seen a plug for a ebook on Kent Peterson’s blog.

“The Ride of Your Life is an inspiring book that will get you up off the couch and want to ride your bike. So much of the difference between exceptional riders and wannabes is the mental attitude and enthusiasm to go out and set new goals. This book is filled with practical advice from real people who share their passion for long distance cycling. During the final miles of a long ride donít wish for fitness; wish for motivation. The Ride of Your Life is the kick in the pants you need to raise your cycling results to a new level.”

– Lon Haldeman

There’s a free preview edition, with the intro, chapter one and an interview with Kent peterson. (Kent was the first person to complete the Great Divide Race on a singlespeed and a long distance bike fiend.)

The full version includes an interview with Jill Homer, whose Ghost Trails book about tiding the Iditarod I read over Christmas. (It’s brilliant, you should get a copy. Her blog’s brilliant too. She’s probably tougher than you.)

I’m going to read the preview now.

ton

kent peterson, tough as ****…

miketually
    Free Member

Just read the preview. The intro is pretty good. Chapter one is a bit dull (a bit too self-help book for me). Te interview with Kent Peterson is brilliant; his story about riding (and winning, though he didn’t realise he had) the Raid Calafornie-Oregon (750 miles (then he rode home)) is superb (and he recommended the Surly Crosscheck as the best bike for long riding, which is going to be my next bike anyway).

miketually
    Free Member

kent peterson, tough as ****…

he is that. He’s pretty much a lesson in not judging a book by its cover too.

ton

that sounds familiar.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Like riding bikes a long way? Maybe a good book’ is closed to new replies.