Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Lightweight effective tyre insert
  • gkeeffe

I want to get some tyre inserts that are really lightweight for lakes general riding. Sick of damaging rims when punctures happen. What are people running?

feed

I’ve just fitted a set of these for that reason. Building my Evil following as a trail \ xc bike with a set of hunt XC wheels and light xc tyres. Still want to be able to hit rocky sections without damaging rims or puncturing.

https://tannusamerica.com/pages/tannus-armour-tubeless
    160grams per insert and they seem really good.

Ordered them from the States, don’t think anyone is doing them this side of the pond. Not even on their own uk website.

Use cushcores in the Enduro bike, Doubt these would be as effective but would be better than the like of huck norris’s (which I’ve used and found to be good so also worth considering.

chakaping
    Free Member

Rimpact are light and effective.

Well proven in the Lakes on a couple of my wheelsets.

postierich
    Free Member

Just fitted a RIMPACT to my 29er hardtail I ride in the Lakes  been great so far I bought two but only going to use one in the rear so if you fancy the other one let me know

Rich

frogstomp

I think the RatBite ones are ~100g.

alan1977
    Free Member

Ratbite 😀

montylikesbeer

A pal of mine with a 29r e bike has just gone for a Tannus and raves about it

gkeeffe

HI Rich

Yes I’d be interested in one… I’m in the Lakes (Colton). you can DM me if you want to sell.

dex78
    Free Member

Cushcore XC are 155g. Really pleased with mine, easy to fit, decent rim protection and less squirmy running low pressures. I’m running them with 2.4/2.5 tyres

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Lightweight effective tyre insert’ is closed to new replies.