Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Light(er) but wide/tough gravity rims? (26" tubed content)
  • rocketman
    Free Member

Morning folks

My Scott Voltage has some MTX 33 rims laced to the original Novatech hubs which have been pretty good. Probably a couple of years old they’re mega tough and strong but kind of heavy. I’d like some new rims that have the same wide profile but are lighter.

Any recommendations welcome
    Ta

idiotdogbrain
    Free Member

Pacenti Dl31 rims are same internal width and 140g lighter. Reports seem to suggest the narrower TL28s dent quite easily but not heard much bad about the DL31s. Apparently used by the SC-Intense DH team..

Northwind

It’s too early for me to make a really strong recommendation but so far I’ve been well impressed by the WTB Frequency i25s- quite a lot lighter (490g) and just 1mm narrower (but the rim seems lower than my old MTX, which has a similiar effect). I want to give them more beatings before I get too excited but I rode a big chunk of dh trail at la thuile on a flat, bonging off every root and rock and there was just one tiny dent to show for it- good that.

Also they’re not too expensive 😉 And UST-ready if you care about such.

rocketman
    Free Member

Ok a couple of interesting choices there. Makes a change from Stans/Mavic

thanks folks much appreciated

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Light(er) but wide/tough gravity rims? (26" tubed content)’ is closed to new replies.