Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Light & Motion Bulb Upgrade???
  • carlos
    Free Member

Hi All.

Best Wishes for 2009 to you all 🙂

Anyhow, to the post. I’ve recentley purchased a set of Light & Motion Solo Logig NiMH Lights. They currently come with a 13w halogen bulb and in the owners manual it states it’s ” Extremely Important to ONLY use Light & Motion approved replacement bulbs” These are around £12 each.

As I’m looking at carrying a spare. Does anybody have any first hand knowledge of fitting a different bulb with any concequences or would you suggest sticking to the recomendations?

Thanks

Carl

Dibbs
    Free Member

It would be cheaper to buy a Tesco torch as a “get you home” emergency backup and only buy the replacement lamp when you actually need it (which could be several years).
    At least the Tesco torch would be useful for other stuff too.

snaps
    Free Member

Is there any name on the old lamp? I doubt they make thier own.
    You could try an electrical wholesaler, as long as the voltage & wattage is the same the only downside is that ‘cheaper’ lamps might not last as long.

Dibbs
    Free Member

It appears to be a 7.2Volt, 13Watt lamp, according to the L&M site
    I wouldn’t be surprised if they did make their own, as they’ve been around making divers lights for quite a few years.

carlos
    Free Member

Yeah seen the specs on the L&M site, just wondered if anyone had actually put in a different bulb altogether and what were, if any the concequences.

I’ve already got 2 Cree LED torches, 1 mounted to my helmet and 1 in a pocket to use as a get me home just in case.

Thanks for the replies

Carl

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Light & Motion Bulb Upgrade???’ is closed to new replies.