Viewing 19 posts - 241 through 259 (of 259 total)
  • Lewis brakes – any good?
  • briain
    Free Member

Could you explain what IP has been stolen? They certainly look like trickstuff but I don’t believe there’s anyway to patent lice ce the appearance of a product but dohave there own patents and are distrubted in western countries unlike true knockoffs which are sold direct from China. If there was any IP theft trickstuff which were bought by dt Swiss for something like 200m would be more than able to defend themselves. I’m also pretty sure the distributors would be on the hook for that.

the00
    Free Member

Photos on Vital of the Intense Factory Team using Lewis brakes for the WC DH.

tall_martin

Photos on Vital of the Intense Factory Team using Lewis brakes for the WC DH

They must be getting paid to use the Lewis brakes, right?

Surely a factory team aren’t going to buy them of the internet and use them because they are good brakes?

If they weren’t getting paid, they would take the logos off, same as maxxis tyres with the logos Sharpied out?

Would a team at that level run them if they provided an advantage?

Is intense going to have much of a world cup budget? I’ve stopped riding at trail centers, but I’ve only seen one intense frame in the last 4 years

reeksy

Loads of new Intense in Oz right now.

chakaping
    Free Member

Is intense going to have much of a world cup budget? I’ve stopped riding at trail centers, but I’ve only seen one intense frame in the last 4 years

Joe Breeden has set up his own team now, with Intense as the title sponsor and frame provider – and doing deals with other component brands for the rest of the bike.

Lewis brakes is unexpected, but they must be paying a certain amount – and it’ll be less than they would for the more established teams.

dyna-ti

Whether the team bought them, were given them, or were paid to use them is irrelevant. That fact is they have them fitted, and if they were utter pants, that would be a danger to their rider.

So they must be good enough that they work in that environment.

z1ppy

This thread is four months old*, is there any more long term feedback from actual users of these brakes?

*The worst spring weather I’ve experienced while riding, so a pretty solid test period

sazmtb
    Free Member

My lewis lht have been absolutely faultless

Bite point stays where i set it

Silent powerful and 6 months in reliable

The provided pads have held up well and are about half worn

Calderdale hasn’t been pleasant recently and they’ve survived so far

I got them on offer when they first come out for well under 400

Would i paye  the £480 from submission cycles when they have stock I’m not sure

mc
    Free Member

I don’t think many manufacturer’s have much budget just now, just lots of unsold stock.

However Intense are now distributing directly within the UK, and have had a big push to get bikes into local shops over the past year, whereas the previous distributor wasn’t really doing much to push the brand in the UK.

I did consider a Tracer, but they’re still fairly conservative geometry wise, and I prefer more slackness with long travel, so bought something else instead. And they only come with a 5 year frame warranty.

ceept

The size of truck sitting in the paddock at Nevis range just now suggests a couple of hundred quid spent on brakes would not break the bank.

noeffsgiven
    Free Member

Louise Ferguson is certainly thrilled with them and singing their praises, saying she’s gone back down to 200mm rotors they’re that powerful.

tall_martin

If they are that close to trickstuff I wonder if they are/ could rebrand trickstuff as Lewis to help build a brand.

Ironic if it that was happing on intense frames who’s M1 were rebranded as a bunch of manufacturers back in the day.

Nothing like a sponsored rider praising their sponsors products to get my wallet open 🤣

mashr

Louise Ferguson is certainly thrilled with them and singing their praises, saying she’s gone back down to 200mm rotors they’re that powerful.

I’m they’re fine, the word of someone sponsored to use them carries very little weight.

simondbarnes

the word of someone sponsored to use them carries very little weight

What?! Does that mean I could have been using something better than Brut 33 for the last 40 odd years?!

DickBarton

Depends…are you using it to clean windows or to try to attract a mate?

noeffsgiven
    Free Member

Some folks are so cynical, she didn’t have to say anything about her brakes and I’m sure they haven’t told her to go down a rotor size. Intense made the decision to run them not Louise, I doubt they’re bunging her any extra to say how good they are, unless she starts appearing in Lewis ads I’ll take her word for it as it seems to match what everyone has said so far.

squirrelking
    Free Member

Easy to be cynical, ever seen Rachael Athertons posts on her Red Bull Insta feed? Granted it’s a whole other level but when someone is paying the bills people will shill anything.

mashr

she didn’t have to say anything about her brakes and I’m sure they haven’t told her to go down a rotor size. Intense made the decision to run them not Louise, I doubt they’re bunging her any extra to say how good they are, unless she starts appearing in Lewis ads I’ll take her word for it as it seems to match what everyone has said so far.

Its her job to advertise the brakes (along with all other items from sponsors). She won’t be getting bunged extra but it also wouldn’t have been acceptable if the opposite happened and she said “they’re crap and I’m stuck with them”.

bikesandboots

They’ve now doing the Revgrips handguards

Viewing 19 posts - 241 through 259 (of 259 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

RAFFLE ENDS FRIDAY 8PM