Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)
  • levelling washine machine
  • warton
    Free Member

Got a new washing machine last night, plumbed it in, thought it was level, as I couldn't rock it at all. turned it on, got to spin and it went mental, in the process coming out of its little hole under the sink and ripping the lino to shreds, so how can i fix it so it stays where it should and doesn't hit off the sides of its little hole? I'm sure its level, as I said, is it a case of getting to spin, see how it does, adjust the feet, and start spin again?

MulletusMaximus
    Free Member

I used a spirit level across the top to do mine and adjusted the feet to suit. Remember to level both ways.

K

Does it have bolts that you have to take out to allow the drum to move about in its rubber mountings? They stop it breaking its self in transit, if you haven't then it will be like a mad thing on mad stuff.

wwaswas

2nd the transit bolts.

crikey
    Free Member

You have taken the transit bolts out haven't you?

The ones that the manual says to remove before using it?

That's why it's jumping around the floor when it spins……..

Only really dim people leave the bolts in, because they think they know everything, and then they come on here, all smug like pretending that they didn't do exactly the same thing…… 😉

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

That doesn't sound right. Did you try it with a load? or empty?

Or YES transit bolts 😀

warton
    Free Member

I had a look for bolts, as per instructions, but it looks like the delivery men removed them. how can i check the level both ways if its under a ledge….

thats the question…

warton
    Free Member

crikey, do one

i tried it with a load

MulletusMaximus
    Free Member

Slide out – level – slide in. Job done.

wwaswas

front to back I put a short level in the drum. side to side use the top as a guide and hold the level against it.

warton
    Free Member

wwaswas

in the drum? clever!

warton
    Free Member

anyway it all needs to come out again tonight to fixx the lino, I'll make sure its level..

warton
    Free Member

crikey, apologies I just got the meaning of your post, at least there's two of us!!

crikey
    Free Member

I did the classic Dad thing of saying to the other half

"it's defective this stupid machine"
    "have you read the manual?"
    "No, it's only a washer not a bloody space rocket"
    "read the manual"
    "it's defective"
    "read the manual"
    "Oh…."

It even had a big yellow sticker on the front saying DO NOT USE WITHOUT TAKING OUT THE BOLTS, THIS APPLIES TO YOU STUPID DAD….

warton
    Free Member

i'm sure the bolts are out, if they're not my wife will execute me, theres a massive hole in the middle of the floor in the lino and we're trying to sell the flat. I'm going to 'patch it up' tonight, cue more swearing, shouting and throwing…

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Were you given the bolts back? No-one should have taken them out and not returned them – you need them if you want to move house anyway.

I bet they are in there still. Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooops!

(To be fair, I wouldn't have thought to remove them and I am averse to reading instructions so a similar thing would happen to me).

wwaswas

"i'm sure the bolts are out, if they're not my wife will execute me"

it does make it sound like you're not sure, tbh.
    o
    Are you sure as in you;ve read the manual and checked all the places on the machine they might be or sure as in 'the blokes who delivered it must have done it'

warton
    Free Member

I looked though, and theres little plastic covers where they should have been..

warton
    Free Member

wwaswas – read the manual and checked, it may need levelling properly

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Is there anything under the little plastic covers? Like bolts?

😉

MulletusMaximus
    Free Member

Put your hand through the door and shake the drum. Does it wobble?

crikey
    Free Member

I'd buy some flowers to be honest, and a small rug………

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Yeah stick your hands inside the door and try to wobble the drum around 😆

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Well?…

warton
    Free Member

I'm at work… will update tonight.
    I get the impression theres a few people ready and waiting to have a good old hearty laugh. and if that happens, well every cloud has a silver lining!

warton
    Free Member

when you say move the drum, do you mean side to side / up and down, or forward / backwards?

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Sorry :mrgreen:

MulletusMaximus
    Free Member

If it's rigid then its still bolted. If it wobbles it's not. You'll know as there will be loads of movement.

crikey
    Free Member

It's always nice to know we're not alone…

MulletusMaximus
    Free Member

I would have done the same if the missus hadn't pointed it out to me. 😳

stumpy01

I think the transit 'bolts' that came on our washing machine looked like plastic inserts. They definitely weren't your standard DIY looking bolt.

warton
    Free Member

but it said use a spanner and there were no bolts, home in hour… I'll be well upset if I've screwed this up

MulletusMaximus
    Free Member

Better get a hard hat and some flowers on the way home just in case. 😉

flatback
    Free Member

i repair washing machines for a living, i need easy calls removing bolts for people who dont read the book to make sure i am home early and out on my bike,
    machine does not have to be level, the inside is on springs self leveling but should be very stable not rocking corner to corner when you push it,

you mentioned its in a flat some of the new large drums with harder suspension will bounce around if on spongy wooden floors

warton
    Free Member

flatback, its not rocking at all, is on chipboard sub floor – ply layer, nailed every couple of inches – fairly thick lino…

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

My pal, although very academically intelligent, can't tie his own shoelaces. He bought a bike off t'internet and then it sat in the box for 6 months until I drove down to London and put it together for him. This involved putting the wheels on, putting the saddle on, turning the handlebars 90 degrees.

warton
    Free Member

😐

wwaswas

ah, well at least you know what the problem is now…

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

You don't have to tell her! just make a story up

warton
    Free Member

oh I intend too

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘levelling washine machine’ is closed to new replies.