Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 143 total)
  • lets see your long travel hardtails with extra grrrrrr
  • richieokeefe1
    Free Member

as above 🙂

Bernaard
    Free Member

Will do when I get it back from the powdercoaters 8(

mcboo
    Free Member

140-100mm on a Ti frame…..pretty sure I’m always going to have one like this.

Roblilly
    Free Member

Its changed a bit since this photo…now running 1 x 9

Bfe by Roblilly, on Flickr

messiah
    Free Member

I don’t like the way this thing looks or the height of the top tube but boy-o-boy does it like the gnar!

Looks “meh” but rides “grrrrrr”.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Looks “meh” but rides “grrrrrr”.

Sounds like an ex..

ask1974
    Free Member

LOL

jedi
    Gotama
    Free Member

I’m sure its the perfect bike for you but that Bfe looks ridiculous with the 36s on. Not sure the angle of the photograph helps. GW is gonna have a right old rant….

dday

[/url]
    IMG_0227

And it glows in the dark!

richieokeefe1
    Free Member

i’m just waiting for my befe to turn up and will be out on it 🙂

Roblilly
    Free Member

Gotama…Its terrible with the 36 on at 160. Steers like a barge. Now running at 140mm which is much better

Stevelol
    Free Member

Sov at Cutgate (North America).

Glentress

Stainburn
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v67/Andelusion/Bike%20Stuff/IMG_4384.jpg

Now has a 2.5″ front tire as it’s all I have spare, loler!

mttm
    Free Member

This count? C456 with Thors.

_tom_
    Free Member

the full face adds extra gnar points. Still considering changing it for a blue BFe when I can afford it, not sure if its worth it though. Might just take off the gear cable lugs and get it powdercoated a nice colour. And go 1×9, don’t really do much climbing on the mtb any more.

thomthumb
    Free Member

the full face adds extra gnar points.

indeed

CIMG1862 by thom1984, on Flickr

456; somewhere in the alps with white room chalet

saxabar
    Free Member

sc-xc

This probably doesn’t count nowadays as it’s only got 125mm. I think it’s very pretty though, and will be the bike I never sell.

[/url]
    tom’s pictures summer 2009 054 by santacruzxc, on Flickr[/img]

loum
    Free Member

Stevelol, that Sov looks nice . What size and type of stem do you have on it? I have something similar and am thinking of changing my 70mm stem for something shorter, but not sure whether a 50mm one would be too short.

5lab

Northwind

Yellow bike by Northwindlowlander, on Flickr

Didn’t work terribly well, this. Went downhill like a dropped bomb, but was absolutely no fun. (not helped by over-soft Lyriks to be fair). Much better when lightened up.

The replacement, weight weenie ish but still capable of mastering a little gnar.

Shiny 3 by Northwindlowlander, on Flickr

orena45

Another MmmBop 🙂

orena45

Ah Northwind, it was yours! I remember seeing somewhere on here a yellow MmmBop but couldn’t find it anywhere when using the search. Got any more pics? Whilst I really like the green of mine, I’ve wondered what it would be like in a nice bright yellow 😀

Northwind

Apparently I get bonus points for the full face- do I have to be wearing it?

It was all yellow by Northwindlowlander, on Flickr

Sorry orena45, I don’t have many pictures of it- I didn’t use it very much after I got it coated, tbh I fell out with it a bit. But you can find pics of the frame here:
    http://s74.photobucket.com/albums/i264/Northwindlowlander/for%20sale/?action=view&current=IMG_0061.jpg

steezysix
    Free Member

My Surge

‘Tis a beast.

kane10255
    Free Member

Steezysix like those surges what do you think of it would run it on 150mm revelations and as a 2×10, any chance of a sub 30lb build?

5lab

my surge (up there) weighs 37lbs with a couple of differences from the pic (different tyres and a dropper post). if you built it light theres no reason it couldn’t come in lighter though – the frame is ~6lbs on its own

Burchy1
    Free Member

Awaits comments saying I shouldn’t have a long travel SS…

IMAG0039 by burchy80, on Flickr

Orena45 is that Poldice?

AndyPaice
    Free Member

one of the first long travel hardtails and still going strong, albeit with some more sensible forks on it. Absolute blast with 170mm forks with 595mm A-C height to really get the front end up:-O

Touch harsh on the rear though

Jacobs loop by subZero rider, on Flickr

Jacobs loop by subZero rider, on Flickr

black subZero by subZero rider, on Flickr

4 subZeros on Rush up Edge by subZero rider, on Flickr

_tom_
    Free Member

my surge (up there) weighs 37lbs

That’s what my 7″ full sus weighs 0_0 What parts do you have on it?

steezysix
    Free Member

any chance of a sub 30lb build?

Probably, mine weighs about 35lb with RS U-turn Domains, Superstar DH wheels, dropper seatpost and beefy cranks – all heavy bits of kit. I think it would be doing it an injustice to build it too light though, ’tis a man’s bike, built for shredding! I’ve never worried about (or had) any breakages even on some really rough tracks. for me, peace of mind is worth the extra little bit of weight.

hugor
    Free Member

Fairly major Grrr here.

BenjiM

Not pretty but yes, grrr.

orena45

Burchy – yep 🙂

Northwind – cheers, future food for thought if I get bored with the green!

crotchrocket
    Free Member

Hugor> that is one fugly mo fo.

I bet it makes you look pretty.

TheSwede
    Free Member

superdan

My Cove Stiffee, 150mm fork pictured, actually prefer it with 140mm pikes, 9″ rotor on the front for the “Alpine party trick” of rolling stoppies round switchbacks

Stevelol
    Free Member

Stevelol, that Sov looks nice . What size and type of stem do you have on it? I have something similar and am thinking of changing my 70mm stem for something shorter, but not sure whether a 50mm one would be too short.

Thanks. It’s an Easton Havoc 50mm stem. Depends on your body dimensions I guess. I like a pretty short cockpit. But also have my saddle slid fairly far back so who knows maybe it’s all to cock! I have a 55mm Easton Haven on my FS which is really nice.

tamreltom
    Free Member
    bristolbikeproject
    Free Member

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 143 total)

The topic ‘lets see your long travel hardtails with extra grrrrrr’ is closed to new replies.