Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)
  • Lets see your…coloured grips !
  • iainc

About to buy some Ergon GE1’s for new bike, traditional black, or match the frame, bright orange ? 😜

tomhoward

Black. Coloured ones look pretty crap pretty quickly after the first muddy ride

theboatman
    Free Member

I have to agree they look grubby after ride 1, but I like them.

munrobiker
    Free Member

Black. Anything else suggests you’ve had a complete taste bypass.

joemmo
    Free Member

bolleaux to that – put whatever colour you want on. I have cyan ODI grips and they keep their colour pretty well, all you need is a bit of soap and water to freshen them up.

kayak23

Who’s going to notice your grips with that saddle!

WTF is it?

Oh, and black. Always black. If one wants to accentuate ones frame colour, one does not stick nobby coloured grips on. Less is more.

trumpton
    Free Member

saddle looks very female specific and special.

iainc

Saddle is an ISM one, very comfy but a bit different ! Had to swop over to them 5 years ago when going for surgery and found them so comfy I didn’t swop back!

trumpton
    Free Member

black grips btw. Keep looking good.

iainc

Sounds like I’ll be ordering black ones ! Thanks all 😀

nicknameless
    Free Member

Isn’t that an e-bike?

If so the pink dmr deathgrips I’ve got on my analogue bike would suit it perfectly.

iainc

Why would pink match an orange bike ? No smileys so presume you are making a point ? 😂

argee

kazafaza
    Free Member

I’m guilty of fitting coloured grips to my bikes in the past:

Longitude

High Latitude

sintesi konstriktor

cannondale prophet

inbred

Tracey

Black grips, orange clamps, or go the full works with orange rotors and hubs.

endomick
    Free Member

Dark colours are the way to go, dark blue or dark red burgtec minnaar grips don’t get too grubby looking, DMR have brought out new darker colours of their sect grips, probably for that reason. Avoid orange or baby blue, why companies even release white grips is complete mystery. Whatever happened to clear slide on grips.

Poopscoop

As someone that will quite happily slap on huge mudguards to bikes…. Even I can’t stand coloured grips.lol

mashr

argee

Subscriber

That’s it, that’s why they should be black

timidwheeler

I really liked this combo.

But it was a bit dull so I changed it to..

sirromj

Beige is the new black.

argee

To be fair, the forks are bright orange, so it works in a way, cleaning isn’t an issue, if you’re worried about a bit of dirt they come off easily and you can handwash them if you want, or replace annually as they are grips that wear.

singlespeedstu

Grips and saddles should be black no matter what other vile bling tat is bolted to your bike 😚

Wookster

DMR Deathgrips.

Bike 1

paulneenan76
    Free Member

Collars coloured, grips black.

kayak23

Red grips with orange forks?

Jesus wept, won’t somebody show him a colour wheel?

The anodized seat clamp is blatantly a different tone to the anodized stem spacers. I don’t know how you sleep at night…

😳

reeksy

I got a set of wolftooth fatpaw silicon grips. They clean easily so you can get a good colour and not look boring AF, and they last an age. They are hands down 😳 the comfiest grips I’ve used.

Even better I discovered you can get them on eBay for about two quid a pair if you don’t mind not having a logo.

jonswhite

It’s very simple really.

Colourful frame- black grips (maybe white but meh.)
    Black, White, Grey/Silver frame – world’s your oyster – but the grips and forks should should work together. And keep everything else dialled back.

Same goes for helmets.

failedengineer

iainc – I’m currently thinking of selling one of my partner’s kidneys to get one of those. Do you like it?

iainc

^^^^^ only had a short test ride on it so far, will get a proper spin this weekend. I was set on a Focus Jam2, but this felt a much more sorted ride.

failedengineer

Let’s have a first ride report on Monday!

iainc

For sure 😜

vmgscot

Coloured Ergons – with all the colours on this bike Black grips didn’t seem quite right

Sedona SB6

eddiebaby
    Free Member

It’s an ebike so

🙂

iainc

Aye, very good 😂

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Please believe me when I say i like the idea of ebikes. And I will probably get a set of those for a pub bike to go with my ballbag rear light.

DezB
    Free Member

Maximum style points

I considered orange Ergons on my orange highlighted Rocky Mountain, then I repeatedly punched myself in the face and put black ones on.
    I think the bike in the pic has green ones now. Cast offs from my kid’s school-commuter.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Which trailer is that Dez?

DezB
    Free Member

Er, it was off Ebay many years ago. £35 iirc
    Served me well for me Lidl shops. 🙂
    Have to keep the 26er to use with it though!

iainc

Black, decided 😀

and for those with an aversion to ebikes, a picture that doesn’t include a motor 😂

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)

The topic ‘Lets see your…coloured grips !’ is closed to new replies.