Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 83 total)
  • Lets see some road bikes..
  • skidsareforkids
    Free Member

A disgusting number of these bikes are Ultegra, Dura Ace, Record etc… So much for “Dark Side”, everyone seems to really be into their roadies! Nice one! 🙂

TheDoctor
    Free Member

Merckx Scandium Rocket 🙂

finners

i have an S Works frame very similar to crazy-legs that i may want rid of. Anybody interested or know anyone whose interested?

Mister-P
    Free Member

A disgusting number of these bikes are Ultegra, Dura Ace, Record etc… So much for “Dark Side”, everyone seems to really be into their roadies! Nice one!

Haven’t you heard? No-one rides MTB anymore, road is the new niche.

simondbarnes

hey simondbarnes, nice bar tape bottle cage combo..

Lizard Skins finest tape and cheapo bonty cages.

btw, open to offers on the bike, fancy a 2011 SL3.

epo-aholic
    Free Member

here you go………..

DSC00048 by jcabuckley1974, on Flickr

Pink is the new black you know!

RealMan
    Free Member

Not too sure about those tyres..

plop_pants
    Free Member

tony_m
    Free Member

the excitement of waiting for another pic of a resin and fibre Ribble or Planet-X is too much.

OK then, here’s a non-resin-and-fibre Planet X… 🙂

KaffenBackStreet

onandon
    Free Member

bikerbruce
    Free Member

adjust your chain length on and on…

AnalogueAndy
    Free Member

Col-na-go (must be said in Italian accent)

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

Posh one and winter one.

[/url][/img]
    [/url][/img][/url][/img][/url][/img][/url][/img]

edhornby

built with sale stuff of tinterweb (105, wheels and fork from merlin, frame from CRC, finishing kit from px) and it’s great, not superlight but light enough, and lots of fun to ride, all for £800, not bad I reckon

LardLover
    Free Member

mmmmmmmmmmmmm 8)

(note: just after finishing building, the saddle is NOT that high 😳 )

Sue_W
    Free Member

what a great collection of bikes! I’m increasing more into road riding and cycle touring than mtb’ing (which is a real shift as I never rode on the road until the last year or so) – is that just me or are more mtb’ers getting into the skinny-tyred world?

Vortexracing – is that a Janis? It seems really tiny. Did you get it in the UK?

Philby

is that just me or are more mtb’ers getting into the skinny-tyred world?

No quite a few people I know, including me, seem to be road riding more. My reasons are that it is a lot less faff than mountain-biking and I can do it from my front door; post ride cleaning is minimal; the trails round here are gloopy mud for much of the year and have been ruined by overuse; more routes that you can do without having to drive; getting a much better workout on the road bike (lost 5kgs last year.

Baron_von_drais
    Free Member

Nothing fancy here

boblo
    Free Member

Is it just me…? All these ‘plastic’ bikes (inc my own) just don’t really have the style of a nice steel machine do they. They all look a bit utilitarian, nay ugly to my eye.

I fancy a really high end bespoke steel frame when I get fed up with my Scott. Having written that, they are efficient, light etc. Just not very inspirational.

mrmo
    Free Member

my reasons for road riding, mud is fun at first but i found after a few years it is no fun anymore, the cleaning, the wear etc. The road bike go out blast the lanes, as long as it isn’t icy you can relax and let the world drift by. I still think the best feeling for me on a bike is flying through dry flowing singletrack in springtime beech woodland with the wild garlic, and blue bells.

@Boblo, i see carbon bikes like Full suspension bikes, they are tools, efficient but somewhat clinical. I see a steel bike as a friend, i know that seems odd. My Top fuel costs more than the Lemond but the Lemond means more to me, the Trek is fast and efficient but lacks something?

epicsteve
    Free Member

Couldn’t resist when they dropped to £899 just before Christmas.

LardLover
    Free Member

+1 mrmo

Gave up mountain biking 2 years ago.

epicsteve
    Free Member

Gave up mountain biking 2 years ago.

While I’m enjoying getting out on the road bike (and especially on the turbo trainer when the weather is nasty) I still prefer mountain biking, even if it’s wet and muddy like it was this morning.

First outing this year for the Soul earlier today – simply fantastic.

psychle
    Free Member

My current road ride, need to sort a new saddle out for her!

DSCF4083 by ten_sim, on Flickr

Also, have now definitely decided to order one of these in understated shot-peened Ti with laser etched graphics… Will be collecting it in person in April/May, happy happy days! 8)

boblo
    Free Member

@mrmo Bang on. Steel is a friend for life (for me) and plastic is a consumable device. Like a food mixer… I can’t get the same ’emotional bond’ with my Scott as I do with my steel bikes. I still regret selling a high end steel road bike back in the early 90’s. I got little for it (in real terms) and it was an old friend. I’d rather have it even as an ornament now than the money I got for it. 🙁

bob_summers

more steel – pegoretti marcelo (columbus spirit), 2 years old with chorus 11. winter trainer and racebike.
    i don’t usually run those butt-ugly wheels, got a nice pair of handbuilts with the right number of spokes 😉

psychle
    Free Member

Mmmmm… Pegoretti… love their paintjobs, beautiful frames! 🙂

tlr

I’m liking that Parlee.

Sounds a familiar story – used to mtb a lot, but finding myself road riding more than off road these days. Less hassle an better for the fitness for sure.

RealMan
    Free Member

Is it just me…? All these ‘plastic’ bikes (inc my own) just don’t really have the style of a nice steel machine do they. They all look a bit utilitarian, nay ugly to my eye.

My first response is to say its just you. However, I recently swapped all the parts on my bmx from a steel frame to a lighter, stiffer, aluminium frame. It rides slightly better, as its a bit longer, and it is lighter and ultimately faster. Yet still now and then I’m tempted to change back. Don’t know why. Might just be looks. Steel does look nice. Maybe consider ti?

njee20
    Free Member

My ageing Madone. The carbon tub wheels are now gone. I keep meaning to replace it, but always spend the money on something else!

Smuzzy
    Free Member

Posh

Winter

TheDoctor
    Free Member

Hmm did someone say light, fast and efficient.

My Other Steel Bike.

warton
    Free Member

This is my current road bike (new tape last night, thats why its so clean!):

soon to be demoted to winter and turbo duties by this:

oldgit
    Free Member

Nice bikes. I’d have Flips Rourkie any day. And for race days you can’t beat those Madones.
    You guys are aware you don’t even see such nice kit at the races.

radoggair
    Free Member

fast summer bike, was out last week but should start re-appearing very soon. Planet x carbon hack bike is doing a fine job of winter though

theboatman
    Free Member

I can’t get the same ’emotional bond’ with my

Yeah, I had the same issue with my modern running shoes, all that rubber just seemed to create a block in the way we communicated. But now I have some norwegian spruce hand made running clogs, and we go out for dinner and bumming.

Oggles
    Free Member

No posh photos here, this is my do everything summer/winter/training/race bike standing in the hallway!

boblo
    Free Member

@theboatman… naughty boy. I’m talking about aesthetics not function. Tsssk, bloody heathen. 😉

_tom_
    Free Member

my reasons for road riding, mud is fun at first but i found after a few years it is no fun anymore, the cleaning, the wear etc. The road bike go out blast the lanes, as long as it isn’t icy you can relax and let the world drift by. I still think the best feeling for me on a bike is flying through dry flowing singletrack in springtime beech woodland with the wild garlic, and blue bells.

Same here. I absolutely hate cleaning bikes and skipping gears due to mud, so until summer I don’t really ride my mtb that much! Add to that, we don’t really have any good off-road here but loads of nice country lanes. Can’t beat a good off-road descent with some jumps and drops thrown in, though 🙂

warton
    Free Member

I agree, I bought a road bike to train for a triathlon 2 years ago. In the last year I’ve been out on my MTB twice, thinking of selling it tbh…

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 83 total)

The topic ‘Lets see some road bikes..’ is closed to new replies.