Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 115 total)
  • Lets have a "first world problem" thread..
  • DrP

I mean..we all have problems..
    For some it’s money, food, and shelter. For others it’s slightly more benign.. but we all have problems.

Use this space as an arena to vent your [clearly] first world issues – no judgement, no replies – simply……type….and…..relax…….

I’ll go first:

My new bean to cup coffee machine needs the water reservoir refilling at an almost inconvenient rate. I wish it wouldn’t clean itself out so frequently..
    [/i]
    DrP

jam-bo

My bike is languishing in a bag after a 10 day trip to Iceland and I can’t be arsed to rebuild it.

loddrik
    Free Member

Why can’t my cats throw up OUTSIDE the house…

thestabiliser
    Free Member

it rained a bit and now I CBA to ride to go swimming

wallop

Today I went over the bars.. AGAIN.. on my two week mountain biking holiday in the Alps.

*sigh*

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

I fancy having a bit of a twang on my bass guitar right now.

…but it’s in the extension and I’m not and I can’t be arsed to get up off the sofa. Why won’t anyone bring it to me?

bearnecessities

My mpg for the last tank of fuel dropped from 68mpg for the previous, to 58.

I’ve become a hooligan; please pass the Rosary.

cranberry
    Free Member

I paid off some of the capital on my mortgage and it didn’t show up in my banking app after 2 days – I *needed* to see a balance reduced by a few thousand euros _immediately_.

seadog101

I’m at work on a stupidly slow internet connection and cannot stream from http://www.themoth.org, or listen to the TED radio hour, not even Lake Wobegon…

Tch…

TheFlyingOx

The canteen at work served up three types of curry (Lamb Rogan Josh, Chicken Korma and Beef Madras, if you’re interested) and then ruined it all by deciding that spring rolls with sweet chilli sauce would be the perfect side dish. I’m all for a bit of “fusion cuisine”, but that’s taking the piss. Bloody Philistines.

zippykona

I don’t know which of my bikes is best.

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

There’s some dust buildup lodged in a joint on the centre console of my car which needs hoovering, it bothers me but not enough to carry the hoover outside.

simmy
    Free Member

Which Vehicle to use on my Afternoon off work.

P-Jay
    Free Member

Because my router died I have to make do with only 74meg Internet instead of my usual 150ish for a day or so – this resulted in me having to wait a second or so longer to get a bit of information I needed from OneDrive – I actually tutted. Oh how they’ll weep for me in the camps of Calais tonight!

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

There’s some dust buildup lodged in a joint on the centre console of my car which needs hoovering, it bothers me but not enough to carry the hoover outside.

I also have this major problem however, yesterday I went fishing off Seaham South pier (cos there’s 2) & for the 1st time there caught NAFF ALL!!
    Really really annoyed/puzzled.

Klunk
    Free Member

my fingers are sore after building a wheel, cheap cider and wine are playing havoc with my dieting. But managed the wheel build without breaking a nail!

joshvegas
    Free Member

I set my varmin watch to average pace and it ruined my training run for the amsterdam marathon.

There aren’t enough letters allowed in strava to communicate this technical difficulties to my followers.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

I got so frustrated with the Apple TV remote and logging into to my Netflix account following a password change I downloaded the controller app on to my iPhone (which needs updating to 8.4 incidentally)

dknwhy

The hot tub at my holiday apartment isn’t quite hot enough but the weather is too hot and the trails are too dusty.

jamesfts
    Free Member

My shiny new frame and Bos suspension is taking slightly longer than expected to turn up, I’m also worried my wheels will clash with said frame.

cheekyget
    Free Member

My bike is covered in crappy high5 gel from Sunday’s London 100 bike ride……it needs cleaning ….but my legs don’t work properly and I can’t be arsed

chewkw
    Free Member

I cannot turn back the clock. :mrgreen:

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Should I take the pork shoulder out of the bottom oven of the Aga tonight or leave it in until tomorrow? (It’s been in there since last night)

chewkw
    Free Member

CaptainFlashheart – Member

Should I take the pork shoulder out of the bottom oven of the Aga tonight or leave it in until tomorrow? (It’s been in there since last night)

If it has already been marinated then let it be otherwise take it out tonight to marinate.

Stoner
    Free Member

I think my first world problems would bridge the admittedly small gap in this thread between satire and downright bragging. :p

Wallop – are you out in Morzine? Greetings if so, am too. Hope you haven’t beaten yourself up too much.

TrekEX8
    Free Member

I’m struggling to find a hotel with a reasonable rate at the Iguassu falls.

teadrinker
    Free Member

I want to buy a whole new bike which has exactly the same frame as mine just so I can change the colour of my frame which I love, I just the love the other colour more.

piemonster

I still can’t decide where to go on a 2 week ski holiday, Lech or Zermatt!! Maybe Canada…

Lionheart
    Free Member

We bent one race car last weekend and don’t know which of the other two to use next weekend? Many of my mountain bikes have little niggles the one that doesn’t is too nice to ride in the dirt.

lunge

I’ve got a meeting at work tomorrow in which I need to take notes on my iPad but I want to ride the long way to work tomorrow which I prefer to do without a bag. This happens reasonably regularly and so I’m debating buying a cheap tablet to leave at work.

DavidB
    Free Member

I had a new juicer delivered at work but it is too heavy to carry home.

jekkyl

When my neighbour opposite chooses to park in the road instead of his drive it inconveniences me a little as I have to add another back & forward to the turn so I can reverse into my drive.

mitsumonkey
    Free Member

If I go ahead and have this bloody great 2 story extension built on the front of my house I won’t be able to fit our 2 cars, van and caravan on the front any more. Big house, small plot bah!

chum3
    Free Member

My battery is about to die… Can’t decide whether to plug in now, or risk the wait until bed time.

geoffj

I can’t decide between the M Sport spec in estoril blue or save 2.5k and go for the SE spec in Mineral Grey with the more sensible 17″ wheels 😕

scruff9252

I realised only after starting cooking tonight that I was out of rice wine vinegar. I had to use white wine vinegar instead. Oh the shame!

JulianA
    Free Member

My Merc needs upwards of five grand spent on it not one…

stevedoc
    Free Member

Every Orange Five on Ebay or Pink bike worth any real look at is a Medium, Midgets ! Midgets everywhere

matt_outandabout

My large garden seems to take a lot of effort to keep tidy.

maccruiskeen

I’m working on a movie and for some stupid reason or other (probably the script or something) the producers have decided we have to make it on the wrong side of scotland.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 115 total)

The topic ‘Lets have a "first world problem" thread..’ is closed to new replies.