Viewing 11 posts - 81 through 91 (of 91 total)
  • LCHF/ketosis diet – anyone tried it?
  • Gowrie
    Free Member

And for all those worried about exercise on a low carb routine, here’s a link to a post about how a certain C Froome won a few bike races by going low carb.

https://www.diabetes.co.uk/blog/2016/07/low-carb-diet-propelled-chris-froome-three-tour-de-france-titles/

flap_jack
    Free Member

Have you increased your salt intake?  I had to go up to 2 teaspoons a day before it all fell in to place.

If the PURE study is right, many people should have more salt anyway:

http://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa1311889

As for Froome and Bardet, I thought that the story was a bit more complicated.  I’m a bit of a LCHF fanatic, but even I don’t believe they did it on no carbs.  Peter Defty trains Bardet, and he talks about ‘carb sneaks’ and targeted carb usage.

martinhutch

Have you increased your salt intake?  I had to go up to 2 teaspoons a day before it all fell in to place.

I have now, mainly on exercise days, with my weird bouillon drink.

I’m sure Froome et al would only be using this for conditioning and training rather than racing.

molgrips
    Free Member

here’s a link to a post about how a certain C Froome won a few bike races by going low carb.

Interesting. I wonder if Chris Hoy won’t his medals with low carb?

flap_jack
    Free Member

That’s 2 teaspoons on rest days, more on exercise days…using some ‘lo-salt’ (i.e. a source of potassium) too.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

You’ll have to change your username. 🙂

The ‘irony’ is, I don’t even drink Tea, or take sugar..

its a nod to my Squaddie past..

tjagain

2 teaspoonfulls of salt a day plus the salt in food?  Incredibly unhealthy and bad for you.  Same as this diet.

docgeoffyjones

This is why we can’t have nice things.

hugo
    Free Member

Re Chris Froome.

He consumed plenty of carbs during the race, but he did use some kind of carb cycling during training to try and move the threshold of when he burned carbs vs fat during racing.

Also, I take the food shots during the tour with a pinch of salt, ahem.  Sky know that everyone copies them (see warm down stationary bikes explosive growth) and I think like to throw out a few extreme curve balls sometimes to play with people.

flap_jack
    Free Member

“Incredibly unhealthy and bad for you.”

Maybe for you but not for me.  Recent blood work, all good.  Plasma sodium bang on mid-range. BP 110/70.  We’re all different…

Viewing 11 posts - 81 through 91 (of 91 total)

The topic ‘LCHF/ketosis diet – anyone tried it?’ is closed to new replies.