Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Laptop won't connect to internet
  • matt_bl
    Free Member

I’m on my knees begging.

Apparently it’s vital that we read reviews of breast pumps and it’s also vital that we do it on the laptop not the PC.

The laptop connects to the wireless network (local only) but not to the internet.

Any thoughts would be hugely appreciated and may stop my wife from waking our three day old baby.

Matt (sleep deprived)

whippersnapper
    Free Member

turn the wireless router off at the wall. wait 10 seconds. turn it back on again. Restart laptop at the same time. Usually works for me.

davesmate
    Free Member

1) open window
    2) throw laptop out of aforementioned window
    3) get some sleep while you can

Cougar

Has it ever worked?

Does it work wired?

Do you have anything else wireless which works?

Are you getting a sensible IP address? Can you ping the router / google / google’s IP address?

What OS?

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

open the command prompt (start menu, search>cmd and open)

then type ipconfig /release end hit enter, then type ipconfig /renew and hit enter

see if that works

DrRSwank
    Free Member

Reboot.

It sounds like your wireless adaptor (or software). Mine does this occassionally – it’ll find the router no problem, but it won’t connect to it properly to allow me internet access.

I’m on old Windows (not 7) for this so I use control panel to disable, then re-enable the wireless adaptor. That generally sorts it.

You could try shoving a lan cable into the laptop and router……

matt_bl
    Free Member

Cheers guys,

Sanity now reigns once more. Checked it was working wired then rebooted both the laptop and the router at the same time. Result!

50 minutes to the 1200 feed!

Matt

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Laptop won't connect to internet’ is closed to new replies.