Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 51 total)
  • Kryton57 – Enigma Ti Ego
  • Kuco

Just out of curiosity have you still got your Enigma Ti Ego and if so how are you getting on with it?

Kryton57

Hello.

I’m absolutely loving it. Anything specific you want to know? Or if your after a general ride description I’m happy to oblige?

toxicsoks
    Free Member

Just out of interest, what size/type stem are you running? 8)

Kuco

Cheers Kryton

I Brought an Enduro SL and it’s to small and looking at getting rid of it and have been hankering for a nice Ti ht for a very long time but always ended up getting something completely different. Plus I seem to keep looking at the Enigma web site 🙂

So I was just wondering what they rode like.

djflexure

What bb size do the steel frames run?
    Please be 68

Kryton57

Dj – the geo is on the website but they are 68 (2 Spacers on the drive side)

Kuco – right, note the odd sizing which is influential in what I’m about to say. They come up small in the seat tube (I’m 5’11 and am riding the medium – 17.5 – as advised by Enigma) but correct in the top tube.

This means you can get your power down but it rides like a jack Russell – quick, snappy and bl**dy fast. I’d also “listen” to the fork travel on the website at its not as steep feeling as you think it might be. I’m riding mine with 2012 XT 2 x 10, 100mm Sid and American classic xc wheels with Thompson/ enigma carbon finishing kit. It weighs in at 22lbs.

The thing that sets it off for me is its quite compliant at the rear. It’s very comfy, and just zings out of the bends. It seems to have exemplary handling in the woodsy singletrack which is locally to me, just whiz zing through the trees with quick reactions. It’s well balanced too, the front is easy to pop up bit gives no hint of wandering in the climbs.

Add all that together and (IMO) it’s a very fun XC bike you could easily ride all day and take to events. If you are taken in by THAT picture on the website, they really do look and go as sexy and as fast as that.

Kryton57

@ toxic socks. The stem is this <———–> big ang looks like that *points*

🙂

djflexure

Cheers – just ordered one from wiggle, look forward to it arriving.

Kuco

Thanks Kryton sounds like what i’m after 🙂

Same as djflexure just ordered from Wiggle I hope they have more than one 😀 and at £630 I have kicked myself for not doing it.

Kryton57

Good luck fellas at that price it’s a steal. They are noted as discontinued now though.

Kuco

Still showing on Enigma’s web site and notice Wiggle no longer do their road bikes so guessing wiggle could be dropping them. Either way it still be warrantied 🙂

Kryton57

I wasn’t suggesting Enigma was discontinuing, just that wiggle showed out of stock. Hope you managed to grab one!

Kuco

Sorry misunderstood 🙂

They were showing 15″ in stock and had the confirmation e-mail so fingers crossed 🙂

mattjg
    Free Member

man those things are objects of desire and, fortunately, now shown as out of stock in all sizes

Kryton57

You guys got your frames yet? I’d be interested in your opinions when built….

djflexure

Not yet, away on hols though.
    Will post once built up.

Kuco

Me neither, shows as being processed and they’ve grabbed the money so hoping to get it this coming week 🙂 Though it be a couple of weeks before its built.

rewski
    Free Member

I test rode the Ego Ti and ST at there open day a while back, both really amazing bikes, very responsive, I think I preferred the ST though.

Kuco

Has anyone received their frame yet?

Kryton57

Oh no.

I hope this won’t be one of those “If its looks too good to be true…” stories.

Have you called Wiggle?

:-/

Kuco

Yes, notified Wiggle but just wanted to see if I’ve just been unlucky with a lost parcel and was wondering if any of the others have received theirs.

Kryton57

What did wiggle say – its possible they’ve been inundated with orders (you could imagine that easily being the case)and have to order more frames from Enigma – which is a 6 week turnaround IIRC.

That doesn’t mean they shouldn’t have informed you though.

Kuco

They said it was sent on the 6th but I never received a dispatch e-mail which is strange.

Just a bit frustrating trying to sort it out via e-mail.

djflexure

Got mine, the steel version, was waiting when we got back from hols on Wed. Built last night. Looks mint IMO. So light for steel. Not noticeably heavier than the Ti frame it replaced. Just a quick spin up and down the road and all feels good. Hopefully get it out on Sunday.

I’m sure your frame will turn up. They were just closing out the line so not ordering in etc.

Kuco

At least yours turned up 🙂

The post office can’t help because I wasn’t sent a tracking number. Hopefully Wiggle will get it sorted.

djflexure

First ride today, nothing too tech, just a flat mudfest. Felt great. Not too much difference from my Zion, which is a good thing. Perhaps a little stiffer – who knows really? Light, accelerates well. Seems fast and comfortable.

djflexure

my first double

Kuco

Sounds good djflexure.

After a little hicup mine’s been posted tomorrow 😀

dawson

so it hadn’t been posted on the 6th?

djflexure

Thought you would get it in the end – enjoy.
    Another ride today, well commute really. I’m pleased I got it. Climbs just like a hardtail.

Kuco

No, it wasn’t posted due to a technical error of it needing new decals that was noticed before dispatch.

All sorted now though 🙂

mattjg
    Free Member

Pics please! Want one!

Kryton57

Here’s a couple of pics of mine, the first immediately post build:

ego3 by kryton1957, on Flickr

This one after the first ride:

ego6 by kryton1957, on Flickr

Since then I have replace the bar stem with a Thompson/Raceface combo – zero rise and 690 with bar.

Interested to see Kuco’s pics and first ride reaction! Should be built soon eh 😉

Kuco

Nice Kryton.

Should have mine built up next week. Still waiting for mate to true my wheels and just ordered some forks for it.

The build to start with isn’t really going to do the frame justice but it be replaced with better stuff as it wears out though the Saint rear mech seems the only one I haven’t managed to break or have explode on me.

Running SLX cranks for now but not sure weather to keep it 2×9 or go 3×9.

mattjg
    Free Member

Kryton, good to see it muddy. Me, I’d take the stickers off the rims, they distract from the frame.

woodsman
    Free Member

I’ve got the steel version in medium, the actual one reviewed by ST and it is my fav bike to ride at the moment. Super fast and precise on the singletrack. I probably wouldn’t go for ti myself though – personal choice!

I’ve yet to see another steel Enigma mtb, so post up a pic please djflexture 🙂

I’m sure you’ve all seen mine – ahem – but just incase (sorry) here it is again, after I repainted it from matt black to this whilst quiet at work!

Kuco

After having steel frames in the past i’ve always wanted to try a Ti ht and always kicked myself for never getting a Ti inbred (got a Ti cx) and at Wiggles price is was to good of a deal to turn down.

Love the matching forks Woodsman.

djflexure

Will get the camera out now

djflexure

Couple of hurried shots as it started to rain – again.

djflexure

and another

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 51 total)

The topic ‘Kryton57 – Enigma Ti Ego’ is closed to new replies.